Fine Finishes Design Inc

Reviews for Fine Finishes Design Inc

LucyK from Toronto
LucyK from Toronto

Condo Redecorating

I had such a positive experience with Fine Finishes when I had renovated my condo a few years ago, that when it was time for me to buy new furniture, I contacted Andrea again without hesitation.

She helped me visualize the living and dining room space. With the seemingly endless number of choices, selecting colours and fabrics is a bit overwhelming for me, but Andrea guided me through different options, and actually made furniture shopping fun. She is very knowledgeable and patient, and makes sure you are comfortable with all the selections.

I am very pleased with the furniture we selected, and was very happy with the prompt and professional service i received from Andrea and the staff at Fine Finishes. They took care of every step of the process for me, including down to booking my condo elevator for the deliveries.

I am very satisfied with my experience with Fine Finishes.

Hi Lucy! Thanks so much for your review. It is was a pleasure working with you again to put the finishing touches in your home. We strive to make the process enjoyable and fun, taking care of all the details for you. Wishing you good health and happiness, Andrea

StefW
StefW

Basement Design and Reno

After flooding in our basement, we decided to hire Fine Finishes to design a new layout and project manage our basement renovation. From the start I had a great impression of Andrea. She is very professional and asked thorough questions to learn about my family's needs and how we wanted to use the space. She designed a plan that would allow for a guest bedroom, storage space, an office area and play area for the kids all in a small space. Andrea helped every step along the way during the reno and was always available to answer my questions or give me her feedback about ideas I had. I always felt like my project, even though small, mattered to her and that it was important to her that both of us loved it in the end.

Thanks so much for your review Stef. It is very important to us that the design works for the way you live, both now and in the future. I am thrilled at how much storage we were able to fit into every awkward nook in your basement, and that it is now a welcome space that everyone uses. Wishing you and your family the best, Andrea

Basement renovation

Andrea was great and very receptive to helping us with our vision for our basement renovation. She has a very talented team that can help simulate design concepts and is also very timely and professional.

Thank you so much for your review! It is always fun to imagine a space right from the very beginning, open and unfinished. With our software we were able to show you the finished design, fully furnished and make any changes before the reno began. We are looking forward to seeing the construction completed. Cheers, Andrea

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Bedroom Curtains

Andrea was a pleasure to work with from start to finish when installing our new curtains. Being new home owners, we were thankful to have Andrea’s insights and advice in picking out curtains for our condo. We love the results and are looking forward to working with Fine Finishes Design Inc for our future home projects!

Thank you for your review. Condo windows can be a bit challenging but we were able to provide light control with room darkening shades and softened the whole look with the custom drapery panels. The ripple fold is modern yet elegant. Last time we worked together you were in high school and now a wife and soon to be mother. We look forward to working with you again in your next home. All the best, Andrea

Fran Wolfe in Vaughan
Fran Wolfe in Vaughan

Condo renovation

Andrea and Nelson worked with us when we purchased our condo almost 8 years ago. Little did we know then how many awards Fine Finishes Design would win in the years to come. I have loved everything that Andrea chose for us from her great taste in colour and design choices. She introduced us to Nelson who worked his magic with his carpentry skills. I have stayed in touch with these lovely people and follow Andrea with all their current designs. You can’t go wrong with Andrea from Fine Finishes Design. She’s amazing and so nice too!!

Hello Fran. Thank you so much for your review. It's means so much to me to know that our clients are still loving their homes so many years after working with them. We take the time to get our know our clients likes and dislikes, incorporate existing pieces and cherished momentos into the new design. Our goal is to create home that you love for years to come and stands the test of time. Wishing you many more happy years in your condo Fran. Andrea and Nelson

ctharrenos in Toronto
ctharrenos in Toronto

Fantastic Design and So Thoughtful

Andrea and her team were so helpful with the design of our new home. Andrea gave her advice on furniture for our dining room, TV room, and master bedroom. All the pieces we ordered through her were delivered on time. One item had a small scratch and her team replaced it right away. She worked with the furniture company so that we didn't have to worry about anything. It was a pleasure to work with Andrea and her team.

Thank you for our review C! We had a lot of fun putting it together for you. Contemporary lines and a mix of finishes( hand-scrapped hardwood floors, concrete, glass, iron and marble ) all combined to make it feel warm and inviting. Thanks for allowing us to photograph, can't wait to see it in print :) Andrea

JENNIFER in Mississauga
JENNIFER in Mississauga

Kitchen

Andrea and her team helped us renovate our kitchen and refresh our main floor. Her trades are fantastic and do impressive work and care about the quality of their work as well. Andrea listens to every idea you have and gets to know you so after a while her suggestions are what you would of picked to begin with. Nothing but impressed with the design, ideas, trades and overall professionalism with everyone from Fine Finishes Design Inc.

Thank you for your review Jennifer. We take great pride in what we do, this isn’t just another project, it is your home. Taking the time to get to know our clients, how they live , their likes and dislikes, we come up with a design that reflects their personality, is functional and meets their budget.

Basement renovation

Andrea is a lovely person and designer. She and her staff at Fine Finishes were easy to work with, and we appreciated her interest in our project and her excellent design recommendations.

Thank you for your review. When we are designing "basements" we look at it as an extension of your living space.

We strive to make the process easy for our clients throughout the entire project, from concept to completion, ensuring the design maximizes the space and works for the way you live. The custom built-ins provide tonnes of additional storage and the laundry room is now a bright, functional space. The new office provides a private space for those days you are working from home. The new family room had plenty of seating for everyone to enjoy movie night and video game tournaments. Enjoy your new basement! Andrea

Quinn
Quinn

Main floor refresh, bathroom renovation

I contacted Fine Finishes for help with a main floor upgrade. It was time to upgrade the flooring on the main floor and the upstairs. At the same time I wanted to consider how we could better make use of our main floor and our small semi detached home. Andrea came in and quickly helped develop a plan to tackle what was most important to us. We replaced the subfloors and flooring with a material we would never have considered before and love the result. We opened up walls and replaced the main staircase. We replaced the mismatched trim work throughout the house restoring it to the original style. Our tired 90 year old house looks refreshed and contemporary and the family is making better use of the main space. There is more light and sense of larger space. The new front hall storage unit has changed the way we function daily and looks beautiful. I never thought I could have this much flexible storage! The vision for the basement bathroom is elegant and practical and we can't wait to enjoy it.
Fine Finishes held their contractors to a high standards and advocated for us when the execution details needed further attention. Andrea and Nelson have great respect for their clients homes and the impact a renovation has on the homeowners. Andrea's design guidance gave me great confidence in making decisions that will last for years to come and streamlined the entire process. She listened to all of my questions, concerns and considerations and worked to find solutions that suited the needs of my family. At every step I felt that I could count on her to come through as the project required. No detail was too small for her time and attention. Her colour choices, sourcing and ability to bring all the design elements together was spot on, we love the transformation of our home.

Thank you for your review Quinn. It's quite incredible how bright and spacious your home now looks as a result of removing the wall and replacing the stairs . We used 3D modelling to determine the best course of action and furniture placement so that you could see your home as it could be , before any construction was done. We find this works wonderfully as it's often difficult for people to envision the end result. The materials and colours that we chose work seamlessly with elements of the home that were untouched.

Clients are trusting us quite often with your biggest investment and we do not take that lightly. We have been in business over 20 years and have heard horror stories from clients on previous experiences. We take pride in what we do and how we do it - with honesty and integrity.

Wishing you and your family the best this holiday season and the new year. Andrea and Nelson

Vanna in Thornhill
Vanna in Thornhill

Stairs and bedroom

Our staircase, hallway and bedroom all on the second floor badly needed an upgrade as they had not been done in over 30 years. So, my first choice is Fine Finishes, as they have always excelled for us in the past. And this time as well. I was thrilled with the end result, so classy and modern at once!
And the attention to detail was amazing. Andrea and Nelson made sure that everything was done to perfection - and they strongly advocated for us when something was not done quite to their high standards, to make it right! They receive my highest recommendation. I will never go anywhere else. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your review Vanna, as always it was a pleasure working with you. The stairs indeed needed an update , especially since they are the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. The spindles and handrail we chose really compliment the elaborate tile in your foyer. What a stunning entrance! A job well done is always our first priority and we ensure client satisfaction upon completion of the project. Wishing you all the best this holiday season and look forward to your next project. Andrea and Nelson

More about Fine Finishes Design Inc

HOMESTARS BEST OF '08, '10, '11, '14, '15, '18, '20
_________________________________________________

~ E-DESIGN
~ DESIGN LEAD - PROPERTY BROTHERS Season 6 2017
~ COLUMNIST FOR TORONTO STAR / STAR TOUCH - Click on link in media photos to read our articles
~ REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR TO NUMEROUS TORONTO AREA DESIGN AND LIFESTYLE PUBLICATIONS - Click on link in media photos to read our articles

_____________________

Custom Furniture Design
Colour and Decor Consultations
Window Treatments
Art Consulting & Custom Framing
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fine Finishes Design Inc. is a premier design and decorating firm serving the Greater Toronto area since 1997.

We have a well earned reputation for attention to detail and professionalism in residential and commercial design. Fine Finishes Design Inc. works closely with their clients and places special emphasis on understanding their unique needs, tastes and budget.
Andrea Colman, the Principal Designer and Creative Director of Fine Finishes Design Inc. oversees each project personally ensuring the highest quality service.

Andrea graduated with the highest honours in the CIDC Design Program and is considered to be one of the best designers in the greater Toronto area.

Andrea is one of the founding members of The Benjamin Moore Painting and Decorating Services in North America and has sat on the Advisory Council for Benjamin Moore’s Painting and Decorating Services Canada.