LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Reviews for LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Richard W
Richard W

Unfulfilled Promises

To provide the proper context, this review is the result of ~3 years with LeafFilter. In essence, my father, who was 92-years old was sold on LeafFilter eavestrough with the promise of never having to clean them. In this regard, the salesman was correct. However, my father paid almost $10,000 and one would expect that, for such a price, he would have received the best eavestrough and installation money could afford. You would be wrong. LeafFilter sent a 2-man team of contractors who rushed the job to finish in 1 day, get paid, and move on to their next job.

At first my father didn't have any issues... then when it started raining we noticed a series of issues, from sections that were not attached to the roof's edge... to leaks... to water flowing back towards to wall (and down to the foundation), to downspouts that failed to account for ground slope (causing water to pour back to the house's foundation), to incorrect sloping which left rainwater to collect inside the eavestrough... and so on.

I attempted to help my father, opening service ticket after service ticket and to their credit, LeafFilter sent service team after service team to patch issue after issue as they were uncovered. However it led to years of grief for my parents. To be honest, if I have paid $10,000 for a product that failed to deliver I would expect either a full refund, on return, or to be provided the a working product without issues.

I attempted to do just such. When the last service technician visited in December 2020 explaining the installation hadn't sloped the eavestrough correctly, and a downspout should have been installed in the corner my father's frustration had reached its peak. I inquired, would it be possible to request a complete uninstall and new installation?

The technician informed us that wan't his call. So we escalated it to his manager. The manager informed us that wasn't his call either and instead passed the buck up. Eventually the request reached Christopher King. I sent him a very long email detailing exactly what happened and then made my father's request for a complete re-install at no cost.

Chris agreed and May 10 was selected as the service date. That date suddenly shifted to April 30, so I called and inquired with LeafFilter service support. I was informed that any team that was sent would be a veteran team that would do everything perfectly. My father was happy to hear this and so the day arrived... and one technician showed up. When I spoke with him he explained he was just sent to replace the filters.

As you can imagine, my father was disappointed. I personally cannot see how our request was confused. The technician wrote up a report and explained Chris would each out that evening to discuss the request. That was a week ago and we have not heard from him.

So, I will continue to open service tickets and try to get this issue resolved, but I warn anyone hiring LeafFilter to check with the team sent for the installation. Are they contractors? How many years of experience? If they don't meet your expectation, just send them back and request another team. Try and avoid the heartache my parents suffered... and are still suffering to this day.

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review, Richard. Your satisfaction is especially important to us and we sincerely apologize. Please contact us at 800-749-4566, so we can help you directly.

Trainman
Trainman
0 reviews Peterborough, ON

There is However a problem

We had your product installed in the summer of '19 and recommended it to family and friends. We Were very pleased..but..this year a problem has arisen. Heavy wet snowfall covered gutters and because as weather warms snow melts from top down...it drips onto driveway and freezes.
Got any ideas other than using pails of "Ice Melt"?

We are so grateful for your kind words. Awesome to hear that we are a trusted gutter cleaning resource for you and your friends! When you get a chance, please reach out to us at 800-749-4566 so we can help directly.

David in Old East York
David in Old East York

Full gutter protection - broken contract

I had a Sales rep come out to quote me on full multi-level gutter guard installation. He spend an hour or so taking photos and writing information down. I got a call a few days before the planned installation asking if they could install a few days early (I agreed). He sent someone out with the wrong color gutter protection who could not complete the job. On my planned installation date, an installation manager came out and said they’d be back to me the next day. When I didn’t receive a call, I called in and was told that I would either have to pay for the rental of a lift (approximately $1100) or wait until spring. Needless to say, very unprofessional.

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review, David. Your satisfaction is especially important to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please contact us at 800-749-4566 to share any additional details so we can help you directly.

Jim
Jim
2 reviews Welland, ON

New Eavestroughs

Just installed the Alu-Rex through MBa Aluminum in the past weekend. No rain yet to see the product at work. But based on the looks from the install, it looks very nice.

Elsie in Kanata
Elsie in Kanata

BEWARE! Install a complete disaster and still not fixed!

Beware the nightmare of Leaf Filter’s installation!!! Four visits and we still have a piece installed backwards which is trapping leaves! Pictures after one week! There are large gaps between pieces, the filter doesn’t wrap around leaving the sides open for leaves to get trapped inside, and they installed the pieces sloping towards the house! There is so many leaves trapped in the eaves now it’s worse than before! They left screws all over the driveway resulting in flat tires! They still haven’t fixed it and are extremely rude and unprofessional. They really don’t know what they are doing! Stay away!

Nelson
Nelson

Leaf Filter Gutter Protection Install

A very productive experience from the first contact with Jamil to the final installation. Jamil was clear and explained everything in detail
The installer was professional, cleaned up the work area and was pleasurable to talk to.

nisreen
nisreen

LEAF FILTER GUTTER PROTECTION

Michael the sales rep came and gave me a quote on Sat 11 th May.He was very professional, explained the set up and asked for a credit card authorisation which I was assured would not be billed till the job was completed to my satisfaction and a walk through done and warranty given.
On Tuesday, 14th may ,contractors showed up and left half an hour later. I called the company and was advised would return on Wed 15th.
I came home on Wed and that night my credit card was charged . I have no idea if the work is completed. No warranty issued. Have called the sales rep a number of times, texted . Spoken to the manager who said would follow up and resolve the matter. Nothing so far.
I would not recommend this company.

Jon in Toronto
Jon in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

No more climbing ladders!

We were kind of sceptical at first but the Sales representative put us at ease about the superior build quality. After all, it’s got to stand up to our winter season! Installation was professional and timely. Any problems whatsoever we call them and they will remedy it. Now that’s good customer service. Will write another review once next winter is over and see how well the filters have faired.

Private User reviews Wasaga Beach, ON

Leaf Filter

A very positive experience from the initial contact to the final installation. The sales rep was clear and understood what we needed.
He followed up until the installation was started. The installer was professional, cleaned up the work area and was pleasant to talk to.

Julian in Ottawa
Julian in Ottawa

Leaffilter Protection and new Eavestrough

Very smooth process starting from the salesman to the installation. Loved the knowledgeable sales team and all the information they provided and helped guide us through a stress-free transaction. Will recommend to friends and family!

More about LeafFilter Gutter Protection

Don’t leave your gutter system open to clogs and damage. Protect it with LeafFilter™ Gutter Protection. Visit www. leaffilter. ca
Looking for Gutters & Eavestroughs pros in Toronto?