Man With A Wrench

Appliance Repair
Man With A Wrench

Best of 2019 winner 4 timesBest of 2019winner 4 times

Reviews for Man With A Wrench

Several instances of exemplary service

I have used Man with a Wrench to repair several appliances over the last three years. I have found them to be prompt and polite. They have advised me clearly on my options to repair or replace an appliance, and provided me with information on maintaining my appliances to avoid further problems.

Great Service!

I hired this company to fix a broken power cord on my refrigerator. My experience was great. They responded quickly to my request, provided great service, quick work and a polite guy. Definitely recommended!

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are all very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your appliance repair experience by our team, they will be happy to know their hard work was appreciated :) We look forward to working with you again in the future and pride ourselves on being your #1 go-to company for repairs
- Team MWAW

Jason P in Toronto
Jason P in Toronto
3 reviews Caledon, ON

Saved our Oven and Dishwasher

Both our Bosch Oven and Dishwasher begin to experience separate issues after owning them about 4 years. Our issues were not the easiest ones to diagnose as our Dishwasher kept tripping the breaker and our oven kept resetting.

Thankfully, we called Man with a Wrench and they fixed both problems with some creative problem solving avoiding a higher priced board replacement option. Couldn’t be more happier with them, and wouldn’t think to call anyone else the next time.

Thank you for your kind review, Jason. We are very happy that Man With A Wrench was able to provide you the service you were looking for and to solve a difficult problem at that. Our priority at Man With a Wrench is always the solution and we will make sure to point our customers in the right direction.

Have a great day!

Debra from Richmond Hill
Debra from Richmond Hill

Not impressed at all !

I was having a problem with my Kitchenaid fridge not cooling and the freezer defrosting intermittently so I arranged a service appointment with Man with a Wrench based on positive Homestars reviews. Alex came to my house and I described the problem I was having with my fridge. He proceeded to open the fridge and freezer and take the internal temperatures. That was the total extent of his examination. He made a few phonecalls and then gave his best suggestions of what the problem could be and what the repair would involve and cost. The required parts would have to be ordered. When I asked him why he didn't even pull out the fridge and have a look inside, he said there was no point since the fridge at that time was working. I paid the $95 service call and Alex left. I
arranged for a licensed whirlpool repairman to come and look at the fridge yesterday. I described the problem and then he proceeded to pull out the fridge and looked inside, located the faulty component which he replace with one he had in his truck. He then vacuumed all the dust and debris from behind and underneath the fridge. My fridge is working perfectly now. I would NEVER recommend Man with a Wrench to anyone. I feel the repairman they sent didn't know anything about fridge repair.

Thank you very much for giving us such a detailed breakdown of your experience. This gives MWW the chance to educate their technicians when they make a diagnostic mistake. In this specific case the technician did not charge more than the service call because the internal temperature gauges showed him that the temperature reading on the fridge was accurate and working at the time of the visit. We arrived on time and fulfilled our promise there. We are very happy that your issue was resolved by whirlpool and you dont need to replace your unit.

When a tech is certified under a brand they have extra information not available to anyone else from the manufacturer. We would be very thankful to you if you could send us the repair invoice from whirlpool to show us what the issue was. This way we can educate the tech where he went wrong and prevent this from ever happening again.

Of course under this circumstance we have also refunded you for the service call since our expertise was not enough to tackle your issue.

At MWAW we have rules and policies that protect our customers from any inconvenient or distressful situations.
For instance if you ever feel like you do not trust the diagnostic of the technician and would like it to be challenged, we will send out our head technicians to assess the situation free of charge, and assess our technicians as well to ensure training is always being provided and everyone is constantly improving. Our HomeStars ratings are not this way because our service is always perfect, but because we make sure our customers needs are cared for despite the outcome of the repair. Please always call us and speak to the customer solutions department to help address your concerns. It especially helps companies like ourselves assess our staff and their faults and improve at no extra cost to you. We take on all the responsibility if our promise of service isn't delivered.

We have made many attempts to reach out to you in an effort to notify you of the refund. We cannot justify in keeping the money for this assessment. Please send us an email to customercare@manwithawrench.com and we will touch base with you.

MWW team

Antonella from Toronto
Antonella from Toronto

Reliable and Competent

Man with a Wrench has repaired a number of appliances for me, including dishwashers, washers, dryers and refrigerators. Very responsive and prompt for appointments. Always solve the problem and provide maintenance tips. Great advice readily served up. Recommend for all your appliance repairs needs.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Man With a Wrench, Antonella. It is of course thanks to people like yourself and our other wonderful clients that we are always inspired to service to our best ability. We will always do our best to improve our service and as long as appliances break we will be there to repair.

have a wonderful day!

Queen in North York
Queen in North York

Maytag fridge repair

We decided to use this company based on their home stars reviews and we were pleased. They came on time and even waited 15 after the diagnosis was done for my husband to get home from work so we can both decide on how to proceed. The tech was knowledgeable and friendly and we will definitely use this company again if needed

Hello,

Thank you for the great review! We always strive to make sure that we exceed all of your expectations in regards to the repair. We are happy to hear you we pleased with us and thank you for your continued support with future repairs

Thank you!
Team Man With a Wrench

Poor service/unprofessional

We called MWAW based on the ranking on HS after our dryer stopped working. The service "professional" who arrived at our house spent less than 5 mins assessing our 4 year old GE dryer and told us not to spend anything on it and to buy a Miele or Bosch; it wasn't worth fixing, the motor was shot. We ignored this advice, called a certified GE tech, and within ten mins, after "lifting the hood" on the dryer, he told us it was the belt. Within 30mins he fixed the dryer and was on his way.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the service call. It is certainly not our intention for you to go through something like this and MWAW would like to extend our apology for the way you were made to feel and the inconvenience this situation has caused you, that is certainly not our intention.

For instance if you ever feel like you do not trust the diagnostic of the technician and would like it to be challenged, we will send out our head technicians to assess the situation free of charge, and assess our technicians as well to ensure training is always being provided and everyone is improving. Our HS ratings are not this way because our service is always perfect, but because we make sure our customers needs are cared for despite the outcome of the repair. Please always call us and speak to the customer solutions department to help address your concerns. It especially helps companies like ourselves assess our staff and their faults and improve at no extra cost to you. We take on all the responsibility if our promise of service isn't delivered.

Please allow us the chance to mend this situation as we do have some solutions for you despite the repair already being completed by another party.

There is no information here regarding your address or name and so we are not able to reach out to you. If you can please email us at repairs@manwithawrench.com or call/leave a voicemail at 1-888-454-4840 so that our solutions team can speak with you and have the chance to change your mind about our service.

The Man With a Wrench team

fogel in Toronto
fogel in Toronto

Fridge repair

I highly recommend this company. I have called them twice for separate issues. They are responsive, reliable, and honest. They will not charge for unnecessary repairs and are knowledgeable and will give advice if they cannot repair appliance.

Hi Fogel, thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are all very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your appliance repair experience by our team, they will be happy to know their hard work was appreciated :) We look forward to working with you again in the future and pride ourselves on being your #1 go-to company for repairs
- Team MWAW

Katherine in East York
Katherine in East York

Miele washing machine repair

This is a very professional company that offers excellent, on-time, clean and friendly service. Our repair guy was not condesecending because I am a woman and was very respectful. He was very knowledgeable and seemed trustworthy. Overall, despite having to go to the laundromat, having to fix a broken washing machine was not as painful as it could have been. I would not hesitate to use this company again, but I hope I won't need to. Appliances don't fail me now !

Hi Katherine,
thanks so much for your wonderful review and recommendation. We are all very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your appliance repair experience by our team, they will be happy to know their hard work was appreciated :) We look forward to working with you again but also hope you won't need to. May you appliances live for many many years to come!

Evgeni in Toronto
Evgeni in Toronto

Whirlpool washer

Had this company out this week to repair my problematic Whirlpool washer. very happy with the service and will recommend to my friends. These guys really know their stuff. Will use again

Thank you so much for your kind words, Evgeni. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Cheers,

Man with a Wrench

More about Man With A Wrench

WHY CHOOSE US TO REPAIR YOUR APPLIANCE?

Man with a Wrench is committed to providing excellent service across Toronto/GTA, Ottawa and Vancouver. Our punctual and friendly staff will provide budget-friendly repairs. In our decade of experience, we have learned that you can get your appliances repaired quickly, effectively and relatively inexpensively. Our speciality is to provide quick solutions to all your appliance repairs and to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction from our services.

WHAT APPLIANCE REPAIR SERVICES DO WE OFFER?

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." This is our motto because we take exceptional care in locating your appliance’s fault to have it fixed within the shortest possible period. We encourage our customers to watch us as we perform the repair and to ask as many questions as possible while we are on site. This will ensure the best service on the market because you will be educated on all of your appliances at no extra cost.

We will repair any major appliance and any major brand for:
- Refrigerators repair
- Stove repair
- Oven repair
- Washing Machine repair
- Dryer repair
- Dishwasher repair
- Microwave repair

We repair all makes and models, we even repair Miele appliances! Other brands we service regularly: Frigidaire, Simmons, Samsung, LG, GE, Kenmore, Thermadore, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, LG, GE, Maytag, Moffat, Dacor, Fishe and Paykel, Thermador, Electrolux, Bosch, Sub Zero, Amana, Jenn-Air, Wolf, AEG, Magic chef, Viking, Blomberg, Admiral, Westing House, Ariston, MagicChef, Inglis

We service Toronto, Oakville, Vancouver and all surrounding areas.

WHY DO OUR CUSTOMERS LOVE US?

Man with a Wrench always provides an above and beyond service because we do not simply tackle the problem at hand. We also find its underlying cause. Most importantly, we provide our customer with education as to how to prevent such problems from occurring in the future. Our budget-friendly repairs are second to none and we will provide you with quick solutions to all of your appliance repair needs. We strive to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction from our service.

We look forward to servicing your appliance repair needs.