Man With A Wrench

Jeff Burke in Toronto
Jeff Burke in Toronto
9 reviews TORONTO, ON

So glad I contacted MAN WITH A WRENCH

Our Samsung refrigerator stopped producing ice...it made ice, but it could not push out into bin. Things started freezing in the fridge and water was collecting under the deli compartment. We got in touch with MAN WITH A WRENCH. They sent over a very nice man JOSH, who was so great to work with. He explained any issues that he saw and recommended solutions. I was thrilled that he tried to fix something first before trying to install a new part. Unfortunately, new parts were needed, but I was given a quote and a date and all things came together, as stated. I am thrilled to have met JOSH, he knows what he is doing and is very informative. If I ever need another appliance repaired, I know who I will be calling. Thank you JOSH!

Thank you for the nice review Jeff. Josh is definitely a great technician and he always strives to do the best he can to solve the problems our customers are experiencing. We are very happy to hear that he was able to both repair and advise you through your situation accordingly. We are a solution oriented company and always make sure our customers are taken care of.

If you ever have any other appliance issues or are just looking for some friendly appliance advice, feel free to call us anytime.

have a wonderful day,

David C.
David C.

Dishwasher repair

Second time I've used these guys. First time was for a dryer issue. This time a dishwasher.

They quickly diagnosed the issue was a faulty part.

Fast efficient clean and dependable.
Would recommend without hesitation.

Thank you for your review David, and for always choosing ManWith a Wrench for your appliance repair needs. We are happy we can provide you with a successfull and effective service. We are always here to help!

hunan98
hunan98

install a dishwasher

Man With A Wrench
1-888-454-4840
Toronto
M3A 3A5

Oleg did a great job in helping install a new dishwasher. He was very supportive, and answered all of our questions. He even found us a plumber to address some issue related to the installation, and explained to the plumber exactly what needed to be done.

Because Oleg couldn't finish the installation himself, he refused payment except for a part that he had to buy.

Hello,

Thank you for the great review! It is important for us to complete the installation and provide you with the finished product. We are glad to hear that even when we were unable to complete the installation, Oleg was still able to find a solution and remove the cost for the installation.

It was our pleasure!
Man With a Wrench Team

Leslie, Etobicoke homeowner
Leslie, Etobicoke homeowner

Leak under dishwasher

My tenant had reported water leaking from under the dishwasher.
I called Man with a Wrench, based on their great HomeStars score.
The woman I spoke with was very pleasant, articulate and efficient. She set up an appointment for the following day, during a 4 hour window. She told me the technician would be Alex, and that he would call 1/2 hour before his arrival to confirm the exact time.
Alex came out to check the problem. As promised, he called to let me know when he would arrive. He was very professional in appearance and demeanour. He used shoes covers when he came into the unit.
Alex took the bottom panel off and ran the dishwasher through its cycles 3 times to look for any leaks, and explained what he was doing.
We discovered that it was not actually the dishwasher that was leaking, but that the kitchen sink hose had loosened and water had dripped backwards, under the cabinet, and then under the dishwasher, where it pooled out front.
Alex had to charge for the visit, but let me know that if a problem develops with the dishwasher and we use MWW to fix it, the fee can be applied toward that call.

Thank you very much for you kind review of Alex and Man With a Wrench. Alex did mentions you are wonderful and hospitable host as well and he was very happy working for you. It is unfortunate that we couldnt perform the service since it was not the dishwasher itself, but very fortunate that the leak was easily repairable and should no longer effect you.

If you ever have any appliance issue we are only a call away. We are thankful that you have chosen us as your appliance repair company and hope you have a wonderful day.

KG in Newmarket
KG in Newmarket
1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Bottom Fridge/Freezer leak

Spoke to Alex, who knew over the phone what the problem most likely was. When he stopped by our home, he repaired the leak, and it was exactly what he thought the problem was .
Explained in detail what was going on, was very polite, honest, and cleaned up. Even wore shoe covers.

Definitively recommend!

Thank you for your review. We are glad Alex was able to fix your unit without any significant damage to surrounding areas from the leak.

if you ever need any friendly advice or other appliance repairs we are only a phone call away.

have yourself a wonderful day,

Andrew in Toronto
Andrew in Toronto

Dishwasher

Our dishwasher wasn't draining, and I thought the pump might be broken. Alan came out and fixed it without having to replace the pump. He did a great job -- as I've come to expect from Man with a Wrench.

Hello Andrew!
Thank you very much for the great review! We always try to find the most efficient solution for repair in order to get your appliances back to working shape in no time! It is great to hear that Alan was able to repair the existing component without having to replace it, which saves time and cuts costs as well. It was our outmost pleasure, and we hope we get the chance to work with you again.
Team Man With a Wrench

dianeslater
dianeslater

Washing machine and dishwasher

Went on their web site and someone called me within minutes it was so unexpected! They arrived on time checked everything gave a quote and came back in a week to fix the problem.. I would highly recommend these guys - they try hard and they are honest and fast and work is excellent! Thank you OLEG!

Thank you for your review Diane. Oleg is a very diligent technician and always fixes the problem. Thankfully he was able to successfully assist you with your repair and all appliances were left in working order.

dont hesitate to call if you every need any appliance help again.

drouleau in High Park
drouleau in High Park

Fast efficient service

Dryer not working - moving but heat not strong. Identified issue quickly (birds nest in output pipe) and while not within scope, cleaned out and cleared. Very friendly and knowledgeable.

Thank you very much for your review. We do our best to try to go above and beyond for our customer and even when a job that isnt in our scope of service comes along we will do our best to stay solution oriented and advise our customers accordingly. Gladly in your case Alex actually resolved the issue so that you do not need to spend any money on other servisers. We are always happy to help and if you ever have an appliance problem again, do not hesitate to call.

Have yourself a wonderful day!!!

Hugh and Aldona in Etobicoke
Hugh and Aldona in Etobicoke

Highly Overpriced

We called Man with a Wrench to look at our dishwasher, which had stopped working and was blinking an LED to indicate a fault. The technician who came did a very quick test and quickly told us we needed a new heating element, and that the part was $220 - $230 + $180 labour, for a total of over $400 before taxes.

Given the cost, and that the dishwasher was over 12 years old (although it is in very good shape) we paid the $95 service fee, so that we could determine if we should simply replace the dishwasher.

The next day, I found the part we needed, brand new, on PartSelect.ca for $60 including shipping. I ordered it and installed in in less than an hour.

I expect companies to mark up parts that they order and resell, but a 300% markup is ridiculous. As well, $180 for an hour's labour (if I could do it in an hour, the tech could certainly do it in less) is also extreme. They are obviously not waiving the service fee, but simply building it into the estimate.

UPDATE: After this review was posted, I received a call from Alex, one of the co-owners of Man with a Wrench. He said he wished I had called their customer service line, and immediately offered to refund the service call fee, if I would remove my review. I told him I would have to think about it. We had a discussion in which he tried to explain his business model, and I tried to explain that when someone quotes me a price, I don't assume it is negotiable. As well, he indicated that his labour cost had to be the price it was, to support their guarantee. During the conversation he asked a couple more times about my removing or changing my review, and then said he would refund the service fee anyway. I told him he did not need to do so, but could do whatever he wished (and he did refund the service fee). We agreed that I would let him know my decision in a couple of days.

The next morning, Alex texted me to ask that, since my only issue was with the price, I at least raise the star rating of my review. But the evening before, the dishwasher had started showing the same fault - the problem was not with the part indicated (I had actually tested the old one before installing the new one, and it tested good, but as I am not a tech, I decided to trust the tech's analysis). When I told Alex that, he again referred back to their guarantee. But I am not impressed by the idea of paying for parts and labour, when perhaps a better diagnosis up front would have been more cost effective. In the end, the whole episode, especially the attempts to get me to change or revoke my review, felt very distasteful.

Dear Hugh, thank you very much for your honest words. It is through feedback by customers such as yourself that our company can improve to provide the best possible service to everyone who works with us. A few notes for any one who is viewing this review thread:

1) All of our customers are more than welcome to source their own components from any vendor they choose in order to save money. In those cases, you are welcome to install the part yourself if you are able to, or you can always call us in to come in and install the part for you. Either way, we will provide you with transparent consulting every step of the way.

2) All of our work from labour to parts installation comes with a warranty and a guarantee: if we do not repair your unit on the first try, we will come back completely free of charge to ensure that the repair is completed. This warranty is good for 12 months after the first date of the repair if the same issue comes back on any mechanical parts and the labour itself. It is in the case that a tech makes an incorrect diagnosis that the warranty ensures that we take reponsibility for that and resolve the issue.

3) In the case of a negative review, we will only ask customers to change the review if we were able to resolve their specific concern and truly improve the service and experience. In all previous cases, our customers felt their issues were adequately resolved.

As a result of all of the above - yes our pricing structure is slightly higher than that of some of our competitors. If you are looking for the cheapest possible service - we are not the right company for you. However, if you are looking for superior quality service, expert technicians and transparent pricing - we would love nothing more than to work with you!

More about Man With A Wrench

WHY CHOOSE US TO REPAIR YOUR APPLIANCE?

Man with a Wrench is committed to providing excellent service across Toronto, GTA and nearby regions. Our punctual and friendly staff will provide budget-friendly repairs. In our decade of experience, we have learned that you can get your appliances repaired quickly, effectively and relatively inexpensively. Our specialty is to provide quick solutions to all your appliance repairs and to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction from our services.

WHAT APPLIANCE REPAIR SERVICES DO WE OFFER?

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." This is our motto because we take exceptional care in locating your appliance’s fault to have it fixed within the shortest possible period. We encourage our customers to watch us as we perform the repair and to ask as many questions as possible while we are on site. This will ensure the best service on the market because you will be educated on all of your appliances at no extra cost.

We will repair any major appliance and any major brand for:
- Refrigerators repair
- Stove repair
- Oven repair
- Washing Machine repair
- Dryer repair
- Dishwasher repair
- Microwave repair

We repair all makes and models, we even repair Miele appliances! Other brands we service regularly: Frigidaire, Simmons, Samsung, LG, GE, Kenmore, Thermadore, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Samsung, LG, GE, Maytag, Moffat, Dacor, Fishe and Paykel, Thermador, Electrolux, Bosch, Sub Zero, Amana, Jenn-Air, Wolf, AEG, Magic chef, Viking, Blomberg, Admiral, Westing House, Ariston, MagicChef, Inglis

We service Toronto and all surrounding areas. That includes: Toronto, Whitby, Oshawa, Pickering, Scarborough, Markham, Aurora, New Market, Brampton, Bradford, Oakville, Mississauga, Etobicoke, North York, East York, GTA, Burlington, Barrie, Innisfil

WHY DO OUR CUSTOMERS LOVE US?

Man with a Wrench always provides an above and beyond service because we do not simply tackle the problem at hand. We also find its underlying cause. Most importantly, we provide our customer with education as to how to prevent such problems from occurring in the future. Our budget-friendly repairs are second to none and we will provide you with quick solutions to all of your appliance repair needs. We strive to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction from our service.

We look forward to servicing your appliance repair needs.