Braeside Construction

Reviews for Braeside Construction

Gail and Peter in Nepean
Gail and Peter in Nepean

Project Management - Roof Addition

In the summer 2017, we hired Curtis Baum of Braeside Construction to project manage the building of a peak for our bungalow. We wanted to ensure that the peak dimensions were proportional to the length of the bungalow. From the outset, he was extremely prompt in responding to our enquiries and followed up at every stage of the project. He referred a reliable architectural technologist to provide several drawings of the various peak options to assist in the visual representation of the peak. In the summer 2017, we hired Curtis Baum of Braeside Construction to project manage the building of a peak for our bungalow. We wanted to ensure that the peak dimensions were proportional to the length of the bungalow. From the outset, he was extremely prompt in responding to our enquiries and followed up at every stage of the project. He referred We hired Curtis Baum of Braeside Construction to project manage the building of a peak for our bungalow. We wanted to ensure that the peak dimensions were proportional to the length of the bungalow. Curtis was extremely prompt in responding to our enquiries and followed up at every stage of the project. He referred a reliable architectural technologist to provide several drawings of the various peak options to assist in the visual representation of the peak. Curtis was professional, courteous and timely throughout the process. We are very happy with the results of this work.

Bathroom in Ottawa
Bathroom in Ottawa

Bathroom

My 53 year old bathroom was in dire need of a total make-over and Curtis Baum worked wonders with a small space. He even made my curbless shower bigger! It’s truly the spa that I envisioned. His attention to detail and all his recommendations made sense. He updated electrical outlets, installed pot lights and rerouted plumbing to make it a very bright and accessible shower. The tile work was awesome and I am so pleased with the finished product. Curtis was always on time, polite, and courteous. He reviewed his plans each day, always cleaned up and dust was kept to a minimum. I would recommend Braeside construction to the world. Job well done and I’m over the moon happy with my new spa. Thanks Curtis.

Maria & Brian in Ottawa
Maria & Brian in Ottawa

Kitchen update & Master BR shower

I am so pleased to add my appreciation to Curtis for the excellent work he completed in March 2018 chez nous.

Although it was a small scale project, his commitment to us was evident from beginning right to the end. He responded to our online inquiry promptly, came to meet with us on several occasions as we developed ideas which helped us improve our focus and finalize our plans. As other testimonials have already addressed his talents and skills, we will just echo these observations & add our vote of confidence for him and his chosen trade specialists.

We are enjoying the new expertly-tiled, well lit backsplash in the kitchen, and very happy with the new shower area in our ensuite. For any future projects, we will certainly put Braeside at the top of the list.

Maria & Brian

Thanks Maria and Brian. it was a real pleasure working with the two of you.

Bathroom Reno

In January 2017, we hired Curtis Baum of Braeside Construction to completely redo our bathroom, a project that included re-routing plumbing, electricity, and installing a glass, curb-less shower. From beginning to end of the three-week project, we felt in good hands. And the results are fabulous! Not only did Curtis help us design the shower and spa environment we wanted, he proved to be an expert communicator, keeping us up-to-date on progress daily. On top of being highly skilled in carpentry and tiling, Curtis is patient and personable. Always polite and punctual, always honest and upfront about timeline and pricing, Curtis Baum’s level of expertise and professionalism exceeded our expectations. – Andrew Steinmetz and Jill Tarasuk

Household Maintenance Jobs

I hired Curtis on the recommendation of a friend who recently had Curtis do some work in her home. We reviewed my job list and Curtis came to the house to assess the work and promptly provided me with a (reasonable) quote. Curtis performed the work immediately and professionally. He left detailed instructions regarding the hardware he installed which I found extremely helpful! In addition, he turned my dark and unfinished laundry room into a bright, clean room. I am very pleased with the work that Curtis did for me and would highly recommend him for any work you are thinking of having done in or outside of your home (big or small)! Thank you Curtis.

Job Well Done in Ottawa
Job Well Done in Ottawa

Kitchen Counter Replacement

This December 2016, I hired Braeside to tackle a small “remove and replace” of my kitchen countertop. I supplied the sink and faucet. Measurements were taken, counter ordered and installation date confirmed. This all took place within a week, which to me, was pretty impressive. Price was reasonable and in line with what I was “hoping” to pay. Better yet, the entire process was stress free and done in a very professional and courteous manner. I will and have recommended Curtis to friends and would have him back for whatever my next project might be.

Don Rennie – Elmvale Acres, Ottawa.

Karin in Ottawa
Karin in Ottawa
2 reviews Simcoe County, ON

Excellent service, top notch quality!

I hired Curtis, in November 2016, to install a wall with a door and a glass transom above it. I cannot say enough about how wonderful he was. Curtis answered all my questions and came up with great and innovative ideas to make my ideas come to life. In addition to being very knowledgeable and efficient, he was respectful, considerate and always professional. He consulted me when appropriate and discussed things thoroughly, in advance. What a breath of fresh air! His attention to detail combined with his high quality of workmanship meant that the outcome exceeded my expectations. I would not hesitate to hire Curtis again or to recommend him highly. I would also like to note that Curtis very kindly offered his professional advice on several other house issues I have – and for that generosity, I am very grateful. Karin in Ottawa

mbaillargeon in Ottawa
mbaillargeon in Ottawa

Bathroom plumbing/drywall repair

I contacted Curtis to get a quote on some work that I needed to do in my bathroom after a plumbing incident. I had contacted several other contractors, however, Curtis was the one who was able to come to my rescue the quickest. He took my call, and came over right away to tell me what I was getting into. The service that he provided me was astounding.
1. He was extremely professional
2. He was exceedingly polite, and courteous
3. He was able to provide me quickly with a very accurate quote, including the what ifs.(considering there were potential costs that could be identified as demolition took place)
4. He communicated with me on every stage of the project, and ensured I was always informed as to the timeline of when things were going to be done.
5. He actively cleaned and maintained his workspace, and did not allow it to over spill into our living zone.
6. He was always on time, and never late.
7. He showed dedication to his work, and made sure it was completed, and cleaned up on his way out. The results were spectacular.

More about Braeside Construction

Braeside Construction together with our dedicated group of designers can design and build that addition you always wanted, create a secondary dwelling or in-law suite, add an outdoor living space, or bring new life to the space you currently live in by renovating your kitchen, bathroom and basement. We realize ...