Home General Roofing & Contracting Inc.

Reviews for Home General Roofing & Contracting Inc.

Lauren in Brampton
Lauren in Brampton

I have lived in my 12 year old townhouse for 3 years and my roof needed to be re shingled. I had called around for quotes and received a range of prices. My neighbours across the street (4 of them) had all had HGR do their roof and all were very satisfied. Stephen came out and gave me quote and explained the process of assuring that my roof would be done properly.

After careful consideration I decided to go with HGR and I am very pleased that I did. We quickly booked a date and the work was completed in one day. The clean up afterwards was excellent as well. I am pleased and relieved that my roof is safe for my family as we head into the winter months shortly.

Thank you to Stephen and his crew at HGR! I highly recommend them for your roofing needs!

Jason Hart from Vaughan
Jason Hart from Vaughan

Re-shingle roof

Update June 2018 ... This may we had a large windstorm in our area, my neighbour lost half her shingles (new roof a year old), others lost shingles as well .. Mine no issues. Pays to buy better !
Bought my home new in this subdivision in 1999. Over the last two years I've observed my neighbours have to re-shingle. So I knew I was was due. Having worked many years ago as a helper for a roofer; I knew what to look for in a good roofer. Unfortunately I saw what a poor job most of my neighbours got for their money. Until I observed one crew ... HGR.
Of course I called them for a quote. Just to make sure I also called others. OK the others offer me a good price but when I asked them for ice break and underlayment ... oh this was going to cost more. Fair enough but why do I need to tell them what is needed for a good job!
HGR explained that they use only better shingles from Owen Cornings and not the minimum standard products offered by most roofers (I checked on line and looked at the shingles supplied to verify). The contract is very clear and lays out everything including any addition cost to replace any bad plywood ( I had two damaged areas - so I was prepared to pay for two sheets @ $60 - the crew leader told me he would charge me only for one and a half since only a half sheet was used on one).
The crew arrived on time, The ice break was also cut properly and installed covering the total bottom portion - not as I observed with other crews. Proper ice break underlayment has a sticky side with release paper peeled off as it is installed. Tar paper was installed overlapping everywhere on the whole roof. The crew were meticulous in detail using a chalk line to cut all shingles perfectly! Never saw another crew do this. All vents were replaced and upgraded, new valley flashings, edging and re-caulking. What was also great was the clean-up, not only my yard but also neighbouring areas. When they left you could not tell except for the beautiful roof that they had been there.
They may not be the cheapest, but they are not the most expensive either. What I can say is that you truly get your moneys worth. Highly recommend you give these guys a call when you need to re-shingle.