HomeStars  >  Excavation in Markham  >  Wilkens Brothers Underpinning

Reviews for Wilkens Brothers Underpinning

Andrew in Markham
Andrew in Markham

Create a basement in a crawl space

Otto and Ernie, from Wilkens Brothers Underpinning, took on the task of completing a huge underpinning job that involved building a new basement under a bungalow. [This job was abandoned by Clifford from Pegasus Underpinning after the city building inspector deemed Clifford's work unsafe. After Clifford took off, I felt hopeless and frustrated, until I found Otto and Ernie.] Their professionalism and skills were immediately apparent. Although this underpinning job was extremely difficult, Otto worked with the engineer to make the building safe. He brought in his team, Steven Troy, Anthony and Robert. They completed the excavation and built 9ft deep basement walls. I was very impressed with Steven's leadership and the entire team's work ethics. Steven always responded to my phone calls and text messages promptly, leaving me at ease with the project. Their customer service was excellent given the fact that there were many unforeseen challenges that came with the property. Wilkens Brothers Underpinning were able to provide solutions for all challenges promptly and met my requests with a positive attitude. Every time I visited the job site I noticed significant progress was being made. Steven, Anthony and Robert are an awesome self-managed team and took a lot of stress away from me. This is the way a truly professional team should function! I highly recommend Wilkens Brothers Underpinning if you want the job done right!

Howie in Toronto
Howie in Toronto

Underpinning

I am a general contractor and have been working with Wilkens Brothers for many years. They just recently completed an underpinning job for me and get did a great job, but they always do a great job! its hard to find trades that are honest and reliable, but these guys are all that.

Brock
Brock

Basement Underpinning

Underpinning of my 100 year old semi. Otto was transparent, communicative and very fair with any issues we encountered. His crew were exceptionally hard working, very clean and friendly - I can't wait to have them over for the dinner I promised them when the interior is finally done. The end result is very high quality (as recognized by both my finishing contractor and the city inspector). My neighbour underpinned his similar house the year before me using a low cost contractor and crew. I paid a bit more but the speed, quality and ease of interaction was definitely worth it.

Thank you so much for the king review! Was a pleasure working with you. Otto

TonyC
TonyC

Basement underpinning

Waterproofed and Increased basement height from 6 ft to 8 ft. Excavated new entrance to basement.

Thanks Tony!

shazell
shazell

Underpinning

Otto Is very responsive and his crew is very reliable and takes pride in their work.

Thank you Shazell!

Paul from Toronto
Paul from Toronto

tuck pointing chimney

i called them in the winter and arranged for them to come when it was warm enough to do the job. they showed uo one day and started the work. it was finished quickly with no mess or fuss. very pleasant staff and owner

Thanks!

More about Wilkens Brothers Underpinning

Here at Wilkens Brothers Underpinning Limited it is our belief that a great company is built on referrals. Our customers always come first, by delivering a perfect product we continue to have a company that our family can be proud of.

It has been through hard won experience that we have developed a sense of good business. It takes a quality product, a good team and above all care for each individual customer from the estimate all the way to the completion of your project.

It is time for us to have a division specifically dedicated to underpinning.

We have done over 100 basement lowerings and have had no mishaps. We are a fully licensed and insured family based company, with 39 years of experience in this industry. We pride ourselves on performing in a reliable, trained, qualified and friendly manner, while delivering the best product in the business.

We have a great history and are looking forward to carrying out a project for you.

Call us and we’ll set up and appointment to go over your project.