Smith And Sons Roofing

Elizabeth in Oshawa
Elizabeth in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Roof Repairs

Fast, speedy, honest and friendly service.

I had roof shingles blow off my roof during a wind storm. Smith and Sons were pleasant to talk with by phone, and were very accommodating in working around my work schedule.

Mike came ready and prepared to fix my roof right away despite their busy schedule. He took the time to ensure no further areas of damage had occurred. He also gave an honest opinion on a roof replacement, and advised me to wait on a replacement and stick with a repair.

Private User reviews Bowmanville, ON

New roof

A new roof followed by multiple visits to replace shingles that were improperly installed (leading to 3 separate leaks). An inspection determined that roof was not installed according to contract (underlay used instead of ice shield on part of roof- 3 lengths of eaves), not to mention that the eaves were not cleaned out (old caulking tube and nails and bits of shingle). Final visits were to remove and replace shingles and install ice shield where it was missing. In addition, lots of excuses, blaming of labourers, and misinterpreting facts rounds out our experience with this company. Roof installed in March... final repair done in December.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Great job start to finish

Great price,I liked the fact that there was no "extra" charges on the final bill. Work was completed in a timely and efficient manner. Highly recommend to all family and friends.

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Leaking Ridge Vent

I had a new roof installed two years ago by Smith and Son Roofing. The ridge vent is now leaking. This has resulted with paint blistering on the inside wall of a bedroom closet. I recently found out that the vent is not even rated for the pitch of my roof. In a lot of places the edges are not even touching the roof to the point I could insert my finger under the vent. Some sections with this gap are a foot long. This is what is enabling the rain to blow in under the vent and directly into the house.
I called Smith and Son Roofing who installed the roof two years ago at the first part of September 2017 to see if someone could come and look at it. The answer was that they were booked until the end of November. Not only were they unable to come and do proper repairs to the roof, they didn’t have time to even do a temporary repair or even to inspect the roof and my home for damage. Repairs couldn’t be done until December at the earliest.
I had to hire another contractor at my expense to do temporary repairs. Looks like I am on my own for repairs.

I don't know who you think you spoke to because I do all the phone calls. I never told anyone we could not look at a job until novenber and that we could not do a repair until December. I am sorry but there is some mix up here.

Donna in Toronto
Donna in Toronto

Great job, great people

They are an honest family business. They did a great job on my roof as well as I recommended them for my brother and he was quite happy as well.

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

New Roof - big mistate

Had my shingles replaced last year and upon completion I noticed both bathroom vents rattled in the wind that never rattled before. Smith & Son came back and replaced the vent caps twice but still the noise was there on windy days. They sent another roofer (their choice) to inspect the caps and of course they said it wasn't the caps but he did say due to the banging and hammering it could have loosened something in the attic or the flapper that is in the fan. His solution was to tear out all the venting and replace with flex hose and a goose neck vent, this would now make 3 different vent caps they have tried. I felt this was quite an invasive task considering I've lived in the house for 15 years and never had an issue with bathroom vents until the roof was done. Not once did they offer to go into the attic to see if something was in fact loose. I was told after several months and many phone calls they were out of options and that they have never had this problem before and have now left me with this problem to solve myself. I was told that they did more for me than they would have done for anyone else. WOW that's great customer service isn't it. The crew that did the work were untidy, they left nails and shingles that they had to come back to clean up. Upon cleaning up the nails and shingles, a water bottle was found in the gutter and I was also left with an oil stain in my driveway from their truck. I am so disappointed with the outcome and the very poor customer service that this company has shown. I now have to figure out what has happened and put out money to have it fixed. Extremely disappointed with this company and wish I had gone with someone else.

This roof was one of four town houses. No one has a problem but this customer.
I was also told she has a problem with her cold air return, the attic sounds like a tornado when the wind blows, she feels cold air in her livingroom and her heating costs are higher than before the roof was done.I tried to make her happy but sometimes it is just not possible. The roof was replaced, no extra vents were added and none were removed. Everything is the same except newer shingles and new vents.

D &.
D &.
4 reviews Oshawa, ON

Roof Shingle Replacement

Rose and her team delivered as promised. Working through weather challenges, they completed the work on time and on budget. Quality workmanship, excellent team that left our property spotless! Not a fly by night outfit, they care for their trade and proud of the product they deliver. Good not be happier.

Martin Family (Toronto, ON)
Martin Family (Toronto, ON)

They helped when no one else would! Repaired Another Contractors Inferior Work/ Installed a Metal Roof

We were in a jam and needed help. They stepped up to the plate and exceeded our expectations.

All my calls were returned and all my questions were answered.
This is a real hands on operation. The team is professional, neat, courteous and do excellent work.

If you need a roof, Smith & Son’s is the only roofing company I would recommend.

chris hiscott from Oshawa
chris hiscott from Oshawa
10 reviews Oshawa, ON

Re shingled shed roof

We have had A.Smith Roofing re shingle our house 3 years ago, replace our eavestrough 3 years ago and recently re shingle our shed roof .Excellent company ,a family run business.Honest reliable and competent staff.I highly recommend this company.

Sharon Lee from Richmond Hill
Sharon Lee from Richmond Hill
3 reviews Oshawa, ON

Hole in Roof

My neighbor was having holes (mad by raccoon s) in his ro0f,
Lawrence noticed my roof had a very large hole from a raccoon as well. I was not at home, Lawrence proceeded to put a temporary fix on my roof so I would not be exposed should it rain. My neighbor told me about the hole and I called Rose at Smith Roofing who told me that Lawrence could not leave knowing someone had a hole such as mine. I appreciated the extra step Lawrence took, they had no guarantee that I would call them to finish the job. When they did arrive the next day to complete the permanent fix they were professional and fast. I really appreciate that Lawrence went above and beyond and took care of me without knowing if he would be paid for the work.

Looking for Roofing pros in Oshawa?