Maxaire

8228 Birchmount Rd. Markham ON L3R1A6
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Maxaire

Pascal Brunet from Stouffville
7 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

We had a humidifier, smart thermostat and water softener installed before moving into a new house. Since we didn’t live in the house at the time, we asked Maxaire to come in and do the work, bypassing the usual site visit prior. Big mistake - the tech showed up with the wrong fittings, had to go back across town to buy the right ones. Also the water softener didn’t remove enough of the iron from the water, resulting in water that, while softer, didn’t look like it was drinkable. And finally, there was no AC outlet close to where the water softener was installed and the installation technician had it plugged in an extension cord, on the basement floor. I pointed that out to him, telling him he couldn’t leave it like this as it was a hazard (there were pools of water all over the floor).

While at first I wasn’t impressed with Maxaire, after the dust settled, we did a post-mortem and both Karnik and I came to the same conclusion that we went wrong with bypassing the site visit prior to getting the work done. That would have allowed them to make sure they brought the right fittings, had a plan for the electrical connection, and would have probably flagged that the water softener wouldn’t entirely fix the quality of water issue.

I would hire them again, making sure that our communication is better from the get go this time around and that there is a site visit where they can get all the information they need prior to the work being scheduled.

Job Price

Hi Pascal, you're absolutely right about the last part. If you look at many of our other reviews, we've shared with homeowners our first step is to begin with an onsite pre-inspection to ensure a solid game plan for day of install. As a result of your time constraints and last second circumstances this opportunity was never provided. We're happy we were able to resolve any remaining issues for you in a timely fashion. This is part of the professionalism we are committed to for any project we engage in. We look forward to working with you again. Thank you for your business.

JP

I contacted Maxaire.ca for a regular furnace cleaning and maintenance. They were great - the technician did a lot of tuning and analysis that I hadn't seen done before in my previous home. I think this service was superior to what I have purchased in the past. I would definitely recommend Maxaire.

Job Price

Hi JP, we are happy to provide another positive customer experience! When it comes to cleanings and maintenance service, we make sure to take our time and go through each and every step of our 21 point inspection carefully. Your furnace is in good shape and hopefully will provide comfort to your home for many years to come. Thank you for your business.

Andres
1 review North York, ON

Our A/C wasn't working. Called in at 5pm and by 9pm someone was in our house. The technician was very polite and clean. By the time they were leaving our house was cool again, just in time for the heat wave.

Job Price

Hi Andres, we strive to deliver positive customer experiences and hearing feedback like this makes us feel like our efforts to do so are truly worthwhile! Thank you for your business.

hanley250

They came in and did a great job. Had to come back to fix the sound/vibration and they did swiftly and it is now running perfectly.

Job Price

Happy you had a positive experience! We do our best to deliver on our promises which include post sale service any time our customers need us. Thank you for your business.

Charles

Everyone that I delt with was very professional. Very reliable and knowledgable of the work. They worked around my schedule without any hesitation. Good work.

Job Price

Hi Charles, we are happy to hear this feedback. We do our best to accommodate our customers and this is part of the professionalism we strive for on every opportunity. Thank you for your business.

Roman

The technicians arrived on time, had every tool and materials needed to compete the job, worked efficiently and cleaned up after they were done. I will use their services again and highly reccommend to others!

Job Price

Hi Roman, whenever we can we complete a pre-inspection by a supervisor to make sure we have a game plan for the day of installation. That way we can be well prepared and execute with minimum interruption. You were patient with us and I'm happy the project went well. Thank you for your business.

Evelyn and Ron Wright in Toronto

We are very happy with the service and the sale man was excellent.
All was done very professionally.
I would recommend them to anyone.
Great Work!
We have no complaints

Evelyn Wright
Ron Wright
Eva Schepull
Mark Schepull

Job Price

Hey guys, thanks for this great review. Mission accomplished!! Thank you for your business.

shai

For my full HVAC replacement, I picked the top 5 companies on Homestars and got quotes from all of them. With reputation and great service being common amongst all of them, I made my decision based on the initial visit and the price. Karnik took his time to explain the differences between the various models and the pros/cons of each, with no pressure tactics whatsoever. What I really liked was that there was no additional charge for doing the little things like changing the location of the existing A/C unit (some companies didn’t want to do this for free). I had a lot of back and forth with Karnik while I was reviewing the quotes and he always replied promptly. Once I decided to go with Maxaire, Karnik promptly got all the paperwork in place and arranged all the appointments to have the equipment installed. The installers did a great job. I did have a small concern with the AC wire run from my panel, but during the post-install check, Karnik and Jay came by and quickly fixed that for me. Earlier this week KJ came by to perform the thermostat installation (I bought it separately) and check the airflow in the registers. There was an installation error, so KJ called Ecobee Support directly and worked with them to resolve the issue… that’s great service! The whole experience was extremely easy and pleasant; it couldn’t have gone better. Thanks so much MaxAire, amazing service!

Job Price

Hi Shai, we are so proud and happy to hear this feedback! This industry is extremely competitive and to know we were chosen for this project when challenged against the top 5 companies is a major accomplishment. Regarding the work, we always follow the same process 1) No obligation free consultation 2) Proposal based on needs of customer 3)Pre-inspection with heat loss / heat gain calculation 4) Whole home duct cleaning 5) Installation by certified, licensed, insured technicians 6) Quality assurance post inspection with complimentary air balancing 7) Register warranties for all equipment installed 8) Make sure all rebates and incentives customer qualifies for are submitted and received. You trusted us to complete the job this exact way and we delivered on all of our promises. We are here for you absolutely anytime you need us in the future! Thank you for your business.

Vaughan Homeowner

I still feel like this has been the best purchase of the year for me and my family so here goes with my review.. My compressor burnt out on my 16 year old A/C after receiving a poor service visit and a recommendation from my "Former" Maintenance plan provider to simply replace the system not 2 months after performing a Check up telling me everything was "Fine." I then cancelled my plan and asked them to leave my home (Politely) and commenced with obtaining 3 quotes to change both my AC and Furnace. When Karnik came to my home he provided a clinic by way of a presentation with even a cost saving calculation for both my existing Hydro and Gas bill. However, I received a slightly lower quote from another provider though I was taken back with Karnik's Demeanor, Care and Respect for my situation so I called him back and laid it out to him as I really liked what I saw with him. Thereafter, he not only matched the competition in terms of price though he even included things like Duct Cleaning (Amazing experience as well) A/C Cover, Humidifier Filter and an Airflow Balance service as well. We were also being faced with another big challenge in that we were about to experience a major heat wave in the GTA not 2 days away. Karnik and his Team picked up the equipment that night and proceeded with the installation the very next day as my children were suffering badly from the existing heat. His Team worked quietly and effectively for 6 1/2 hours and were completed by 3:30pm in the afternoon. Karnik arrived at the end with a smile in which I included him in for some pizza my wife had made. I couldn't thank him enough as he still texts me asking if everything is the way I like it. Message to all you folks out there reading this review.. I would strongly recommend/encourage you to take a closer look at Maxaire for your HVAC needs as this Team is "Off the Chart" at servicing their clients. Karnik, "Thank you and your Team from the bottom of my family's heart for everything you've done."

Job Price

Looking at the 'big picture', the real whole home hvac solution, is what differentiates us from many competitors. We care if your old humidifier is working properly or not. On a new installation, in addition to making sure the project we are there to complete is perfect, we look at all components of your existing hvac system, including your HRV or HEPA or other air cleaner or filter to make sure all of the above is in good working order. We make a passionate effort to deliver on our promises and we are so happy you've recognized this. Thank you for your business.

More about Maxaire

Thank you for visiting our HomeStars business page!
MAXAIRE is a heating and cooling company operating out of Markham, ON

We offer assessments, repairs and installations of:
Furnaces, Air Conditioners, Tankless Water Heaters, Hot Water Tanks, Air Purifiers, HEPA Filters, HRV's, Water Softeners, Water Filtration

Servicing York Region & Surrounding Areas.
Visit our website for more information about us www.maxaire.ca or call 1-844-MAXAIRE