#187 – 918 16th Ave NW Calgary AB T2M 0K3

Reviews for Mr. Mike's Plumbing

Andrew C
Andrew C

Leaky Shower Drain- Fixed!

Mr. Mikes Plumbing was professional and great to work with from the get-go. I was worried about the damage and the costs but they explained everything to me and took me along with the process so I was sure and confident in what they were doing. They were patient and answered all my questions whenever I had any. Great work guys!

Baldev
Baldev

Plumbing

I call mike plumbing and I had issue of plumbing and I have only weekends.Tenner from Mike plumbing came on Sunday. He was professional,punctual and reach on time .The work he did I am fully satisfied

Honest and Professional

What they have advertised on their website is what they deliver. This company is very honest and upfront with superior professional service, ensuring that they deliver the best service and quality of work to their customers. I will definitely be using Mr. Mike's Plumbing and recommending them to my family and friends.

Also thank you Tanner and Christine!

Very happy and satisfied with our infloor heating system replacement

My wife and I had our in floor heating system fixed and a new panel installed at our place or residence.

We would recommend this company in the future. I would definitely recommend these guys for plumbing needs. Thanks for everything you guys and look forward to using you guys again in the future.

They were polite and professional.

Harry B.
Harry B.

Shady Business Practices

They are, in fact, too good to be true. Our water heater stopped working on a Saturday, so we looked up Calgary plumbers that came out on the weekend. We saw that Mr. Mike's did, and charged only (according to their website) $49.99 to come out + an hourly rate. A Mr. Mike's guy came out, spent a while in our basement (though not apparently unscrewing anything), and informed us we'd need a new water heater. He then gave us (an extremely high) estimate for one. And then we got the bill: a little over $400 (for telling us it was broken, which we'd already surmised since we had no hot water). The guy did not, as the invoice itself said, actually do anything except take out a flashlight and visually look over our broken water heater. The invoice also included an environmental fee for $30, although it's unclear what kind of disposal ops are required for clicking on a flashlight.

But here's the kicker: they offered to lower the bill when I called to complain. . . if I agreed to sign a waiver agree "not to leave any negative reviews about Mr. Mike's Plumbing on any social media platforms." So apparently you can get a discount on the ruinously high fees for their services but only if you sign an NDA. I suspect this might be one reason there are so few negative reviews about this company.

Our view of the company is that they lure you in with the promise of cheap rates, charge a mint, and then prevent anyone from posting negative reviews. For all I know, their work might be decent (we didn't go with them for the water heater replacement since we found another plumber who charged about half what they did), but they seem excessively pricey and engage in what I find to be sleazy business practices.

Hello Harry B.! Thank you for leaving that detailed review. We are having a difficult time looking up your appointment that you had. We would like to rectify this situation with you Harry, and see if there is anything that we can still do for you! Please give our office a call at your earliest convenience and ask to speak with one of the managers. Have a great day Harry!

Anna Needit
Anna Needit

Fantastic Service!

I was in such a panic when I came downstairs and had water everywhere with 4 small toddlers and a husband who works out of town. I called Pete the Plumber first and felt incredibly discouraged when he wouldn't listen to any of my concerns and continually brushed me off. Immediately after I called Mr Mikes and comforted by the fact that not only from the get go I was walked through the steps I needed to do before they sent out someone but when William Lowe came to my house he was so knowledgeable about absolutely everything and was able to walk me through things step by step so I knew all of my options and was able to make a proper decision due to it.

I ended getting serviced the same day for a very affordable rate. He was amazing with my children, respectful of everything in my house and incredibly efficient with his time. I was quoted 5 hours and he got everything done from start to finish in just over 3.

I recommend William Lowe from Mr Mikes any day of the week! Between his positive attitude, work ethic and knowledge I cant see anyone being able to beat his services. On a personal note, he wasn't hard on the eyes either.

All around 12/10 stars!

The team at Mr. Mike's Plumbing wants to thank you Anna for the amazing rating, and the awesome review about the services that William was able to provide for you!! We strive on making sure that our customers are satisfied with the high quality, detailed work we preform while also getting the best plumbing experience. William is one of the most detail oriented technicians we have and thank you again for letting Mr. Mike's Plumbing save that day!! Don't hesitate to call us back and request to have William come back out, if you need any other plumbing, heating or drain cleaning needs!

Main Sewer Line Blockage

We had a main sewer back up on the long weekend. In our ignorance, we called Mr.Mike's first instead of the City. First strike: The plumbers did not recommend we have the city come out first to determine where the blockage was, whether on our property or the City's. The plumber spent several hours cabling the main drain, and when I voiced my concern that due to the length of the cable before hitting the blockage that it might be on the city property, he actively discouraged me to call the city because of their slow turnaround time. That was strike 2. He told us the blockage was not clear from the main drain cabling, so he upsold us to do a Hydroscrub water jet cleaning. Waiting for the truck to arrive, I called the City, who said they could have a team out in 15 minutes. To the plumbers credit, perhaps because I was in furious tears he left without much comment, and did not charge us for the Hydroscrub call out. Oh and the City team? In and out in 5 minutes, concluding that the line was clear and free of any blockage. Strike 3 for Mr. Mike's. I think they took advantage of new homeowners, and the long weekend pressure. I would not trust this company to show honesty, ethical behaviour or fairness in any of their business. Proceed to hire them at your own risk.

We apologize that it seems you did not have a great experience with one of our technicians when attempting to clear a blockage in your main drain, but we are glad to hear that the City of Calgary was able to come out and solve that for you. If you were able to leave a name or a job number perhaps, we would gladly look into this situation to verify what may have happened, and try and help you out the best we can. If you are concerned about the appointment you had with Mr. Mike's Plumbing, we urge you to give one of our managers a call to discuss what may have happened. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience, and we will happily go over the job with you.

Minor washer leak repair

Dude walked around the house suggesting work I didn't need done.
Charged way too much for a minor faucet leak behind the washing machine that he only finally did after an hour of being here. Then an over charge on the invoice I stupidly didn't notice. Won't call again.

Hello customer! The walk around and inspection of the plumbing in your home, is a no obligation free service we lobe to offer to all our clients. It's more so a piece of mind inspection to let the client know if there are any areas that may need attention with your plumbing system. If you are concerned about the services you had with one of our technicians, we would love to further discuss this over the phone. Please give our office a call at your earliest convenience and request to talk to a manager on duty.

Hot water fix

Great workers the 2 techs did a great job. The one plumber who did the fix was very informative. only problem was I was told 49 dollars for a tech to come out to check but it turned into 200 dollars. 100 was credited to the final job but I would have like to know about that.

Thank you very much for that review! Our main objective is to make sure that all out clients are happy and satisfied ones. If you have any other plumbing, heating or drain cleaning needs, please don't hesitate to give us a quick call! We are here for our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Very expensive

I contacted Mike's Plumbing in light of the good reviews on Homestars. I needed my kitchen tap replaced. They would not give me any idea over the phone of the price, which I thought was odd, but told me an estimate cost $50. I figured they would be reasonable. The fellow who came was very professional, but quoted me $330 for the job. I've changed taps before myself so asked how long it would take and he said half an hour to an hour. I paid him $50 and said I would look elsewhere. I sent my pics of the work to some recommended companies on both Homestars and the BBB and quickly got quotes of less than half the price.

We thank you for letting us in your home to provide the necessary options to have that faucet looked at. We are pretty comparable to other reputable companies like ours, and would have worked with you in order to make you a satisfied customer with Mr. Mike's Plumbing. Please do give us a call if you have any other plumbing, heating or drain cleaning needs!

More about Mr. Mike's Plumbing

Every customer's individual needs are important to us at MR. MIKES PLUMBING. Our focus of providing quality plumbing services and products combined with honesty has made our plumbers the first choice of many residential clients. You can count on MR. MIKES PLUMBING to take care of your plumbing and drainage ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Calgary?