#187 – 918 16th Ave NW Calgary AB T2M 0K3

RM
RM
0 reviews Okotoks, AB

Backed up Basement

Paid Mr. Mikes to come Feb 24th. Basement was backing up. Empty home for 6months. they cleared the drain issues, said it was roots and debris. said it was cleared to the street. We requested camera job, paid for it. didn't get it? said they would come back? paid 438$ April 24th basement is backing up? Called at 12:54pm, Said they couldn't send anyone till 8am next day. or i could pay Sunday dispatch fee, then someone would come out between 5-9pm for 239$ plus whatever costs. Called at 503pm on there way??? 438$ again? They say it was roots again, in the middle of winter in 2 months? Did they fix it? don't know, going to get a 2nd opinion Would not recommend or refer Mr. Mikes

Mary in Calgary
Mary in Calgary

Insanely Expensive!

I had new countertops installed and of course plumbing isn’t included. My countertops were installed on Friday and I called Mr Mike’s plumbing to come and install/connect all the plumbing for Sunday so the silicone could settle. I thought I would get a certified plumber to come out and do the job. Mr Mike’s customer service agents were very polite and took down all my information and told me someone would be there between 8 am - 1 pm Sunday. It was convenient for me as I work during the week and am not at home. They called me Saturday to confirm and then Sunday 30 min prior to coming they called to say they were on their way. So far so good.

Jason arrived at 9:30 am and that’s when the unbelievable story starts. I told him I had just installed the countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms. His first question was “who’s going to connect your sewer pipes. I just looked at him, that’s why I called you! I told him you are. I need all my plumbing connected and working. He says ok and sits down at the dining room table and starts typing on his iPad. 10 minutes later he comes to me with the quote. He hasn’t even looked under the sink to see what needs to be done. I supplied my own faucets which he said they would not warranty, understandable. The rest of the work would be guaranteed. Fabulous. Then the quote comes….$2,227! If they supplied the faucets $4,447! I asked him is this a joke!? To connect the kitchen faucet the quote was $400. The bathrooms were $300 each. That is just to put in the faucet. This is not the pipes. I told him to forget it there is no way I was going to pay nearly $2,500 to get my plumbing connected again. I’ve had plumbing done in my home before this isn’t my first rodeo. He said he’d talk to his boss and see what they could do. He came back and said they’d take $400 off. I said forget it! I felt taken advantage of being. woman, as if I didn’t know anything. I told him there was no way I would entertain that not even for a second. He didn’t even look to see if the existing pipes could be used. He just assume they would need to be rebuilt. What material are they using. Last time I checked that material was a few dollars at home store. How much do they charge for labour $500 an hour! A professional plumber would take him no time to do it. After he left I went upstairs and connected the two bathrooms myself. It took me 10 minutes each. I was able to install the kitchen faucet which took 10 minutes as well but unfortunately the existing piping is a bit too short for the new sink. I will have to get a plumber but NOT Mr Mike’s plumbing. Insane pricing! Beware before you book your appointment. A few hours later they called to see how satisfied I was with the service. Are you kidding me!? I would recommend if you’re looking for a plumber you skip calling Mr Mike’s. I’m still in shock.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Reroute drain

could have hired 4 lawyers to do it cheaper, very expensive, Technician was very, good ,came up with a good plan,did a good job,but please get a second opinion,price was ridiculous

Christopher in Airdrie
Christopher in Airdrie
0 reviews Airdrie, AB

Plumbing Review (2 jobs)

Did two jobs with Mr. Mike's, a poly B replacement and poly b main water line and sewer line. They were very friendly and professional. Happy to answer any questions about the job. They were straight forward with the costs and if anything came up they let me know what it was, and gave me options which was nice.

They take videos of the work and it is included in the final invoice which can be done over email which I personally find very convenient.

Owner came out to the job and is very easy to get a hold of and to talk to.

Overall, very impressed!

Andrew C
Andrew C

Leaky Shower Drain- Fixed!

Mr. Mikes Plumbing was professional and great to work with from the get-go. I was worried about the damage and the costs but they explained everything to me and took me along with the process so I was sure and confident in what they were doing. They were patient and answered all my questions whenever I had any. Great work guys!

Baldev
Baldev

Plumbing

I call mike plumbing and I had issue of plumbing and I have only weekends.Tenner from Mike plumbing came on Sunday. He was professional,punctual and reach on time .The work he did I am fully satisfied

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Honest and Professional

What they have advertised on their website is what they deliver. This company is very honest and upfront with superior professional service, ensuring that they deliver the best service and quality of work to their customers. I will definitely be using Mr. Mike's Plumbing and recommending them to my family and friends.

Also thank you Tanner and Christine!

Very happy and satisfied with our infloor heating system replacement

My wife and I had our in floor heating system fixed and a new panel installed at our place or residence.

We would recommend this company in the future. I would definitely recommend these guys for plumbing needs. Thanks for everything you guys and look forward to using you guys again in the future.

They were polite and professional.

Harry B.
Harry B.

Shady Business Practices

They are, in fact, too good to be true. Our water heater stopped working on a Saturday, so we looked up Calgary plumbers that came out on the weekend. We saw that Mr. Mike's did, and charged only (according to their website) $49.99 to come out + an hourly rate. A Mr. Mike's guy came out, spent a while in our basement (though not apparently unscrewing anything), and informed us we'd need a new water heater. He then gave us (an extremely high) estimate for one. And then we got the bill: a little over $400 (for telling us it was broken, which we'd already surmised since we had no hot water). The guy did not, as the invoice itself said, actually do anything except take out a flashlight and visually look over our broken water heater. The invoice also included an environmental fee for $30, although it's unclear what kind of disposal ops are required for clicking on a flashlight.

But here's the kicker: they offered to lower the bill when I called to complain. . . if I agreed to sign a waiver agree "not to leave any negative reviews about Mr. Mike's Plumbing on any social media platforms." So apparently you can get a discount on the ruinously high fees for their services but only if you sign an NDA. I suspect this might be one reason there are so few negative reviews about this company.

Our view of the company is that they lure you in with the promise of cheap rates, charge a mint, and then prevent anyone from posting negative reviews. For all I know, their work might be decent (we didn't go with them for the water heater replacement since we found another plumber who charged about half what they did), but they seem excessively pricey and engage in what I find to be sleazy business practices.

Hello Harry B.! Thank you for leaving that detailed review. We are having a difficult time looking up your appointment that you had. We would like to rectify this situation with you Harry, and see if there is anything that we can still do for you! Please give our office a call at your earliest convenience and ask to speak with one of the managers. Have a great day Harry!

Mike Brock
403-520-2040

Anna Needit
Anna Needit

Fantastic Service!

I was in such a panic when I came downstairs and had water everywhere with 4 small toddlers and a husband who works out of town. I called Pete the Plumber first and felt incredibly discouraged when he wouldn't listen to any of my concerns and continually brushed me off. Immediately after I called Mr Mikes and comforted by the fact that not only from the get go I was walked through the steps I needed to do before they sent out someone but when William Lowe came to my house he was so knowledgeable about absolutely everything and was able to walk me through things step by step so I knew all of my options and was able to make a proper decision due to it.

I ended getting serviced the same day for a very affordable rate. He was amazing with my children, respectful of everything in my house and incredibly efficient with his time. I was quoted 5 hours and he got everything done from start to finish in just over 3.

I recommend William Lowe from Mr Mikes any day of the week! Between his positive attitude, work ethic and knowledge I cant see anyone being able to beat his services. On a personal note, he wasn't hard on the eyes either.

All around 12/10 stars!

The team at Mr. Mike's Plumbing wants to thank you Anna for the amazing rating, and the awesome review about the services that William was able to provide for you!! We strive on making sure that our customers are satisfied with the high quality, detailed work we preform while also getting the best plumbing experience. William is one of the most detail oriented technicians we have and thank you again for letting Mr. Mike's Plumbing save that day!! Don't hesitate to call us back and request to have William come back out, if you need any other plumbing, heating or drain cleaning needs!

Mike Brock
403-520-2040

More about Mr. Mike's Plumbing

Every customer's individual needs are important to us at MR. MIKES PLUMBING. Our focus of providing quality plumbing services and products combined with honesty has made our plumbers the first choice of many residential clients. You can count on MR. MIKES PLUMBING to take care of your plumbing and drainage ...
Looking for Plumbing pros in Calgary?