http://www.largosheds.com. Initial interaction with Largo Sheds was pleasant. Paula, who handles initial engagement was easy to work with. That's where all pleasantries ended. Once Largo obtains their deposit, communication with them is next to impossible. They do NOT answer their phone, and they do not reply to email. I was given absolute assurance that the shed would be completed by a specific date, as it was a pre-requisite to the start of my landscaping project. Shed construction did not start until 7 weeks after the promised date. I understand things can come up, which would cause a delay. The utter lack of communication was not acceptable and impacted my landscaping schedule considerably. Weeks went by when I didn't hear from Largo or the owner whose name is Will. Construction finally took place. During the day of construction the yard was an absolute mess. Will assured me, that because I have little kids his crew would leave the place safe and clean. Upon his departure, there were nails all over the lawn which my kids still find scattered to this day. At the end of the construction day, Will left the shed with unfinished items that he promised to come back and address over the coming weekend (Secure the siding which was not attached to the shed, and address my concerns with the roof shingles not being secure). Will did not show up, and did not contact me for 3 months. Will didn't answer one phone call from me, returned one voicemail, or returned one email. As months went by the unfinished shed has shown many signs of poor quality that I require to be addressed by the '2-year no hassle warranty' that is boasted on their website. Unfortunately, in good faith I paid Will in full after the first day of construction. To-date I have still not received a receipt of payment. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of Largo Sheds. Should you choose to hire Largo Sheds, here are items you will likely encounter.
- Inward swinging door was installed upside down and inside out, as opposed to using a correct outward swinging door. Leaks, and hardware which is intended to be used indoors is rusted. Because of the incorrect door being used, hinge pins are on the exterior of the shed which means the shed can be easily broken into by simply removing pins. Lock is useless.
- Siding continually falls off on all sides of the shed because it's not been secured
- Roof shingles slapped on with no regard or care for alignment
- Roofing nails exposed and not sealed
- Door Jam and Door material is not sufficiently prepared for outdoor use. Door jam and door are wet and expanding/discoloured
- Shed leaks from the door jam and door insufficiencies. Floor (OSB Board) is wet, and expanding. Shed floor soaks every time it rains and will need to be replaced
- On the day of construction Will surprisingly told me he does not add soffits to his sheds. Full exposure to pests and a very unpolished look is the result.
- Lattice not added to all sides of the shed base, exposing to pests. A family of rabbits has moved in under our shed already
- Siding is noticeably not level, off by over an 1.5 inches from left to right
- Loose wall panels
- On day of construction, rushed work to ensure 1 day completion likely resulting in many of the poor quality items listed
UPDATE: Will contacted me on September 14th, after informing him of my intention to publish my review. He promised to address all matter by the end of September. He noted he had a family emergency which I was sympathetic to, and agreed to his terms. It is now November 15th and I've not heard from him since (2 months). He does not answer emails or phone and clearly has no regard for his customers.
UPDATE 2: Got hold of Will on May 19th, 2016. He promised to call me the week of May 23rd to firm up a date to address. It's now July 4th and I've heard nothing.