Kamloops Asphalt

Norman in Kamloops
Norman in Kamloops
1 review Kamloops, BC

Asphalt paving

I contacted Kamloops Asphalt and after a lengthy phone coversation was told the job would cost 3.00 a square foot and if they needed to supply 1 inch rock to pave on it would be 4.00 a square foot. After an on site visit by them was told that they would need to remove existing material before they could lay down 1 inch rock . Was told because of the weeds etc there was a certain amount of prep work needed to be done and because of that it would be 5.00 a square foot . We looked the work site over and did some measurements after which we wrote up a work order . We agreed on a asphalt pad of 35 x 20 feet in the front and the rear driveway was to be 28 x 24 . A week later the job was done and some pics were sent to me as I don t live in town . At this point I mailed of a cheque to pay for the job .In my conversation I told them I was in need of some top soil. I was told by the owner thst he is also in the topsoil business. About 2 weeks later I went up to my property to measure up for a fence . At this point I discovered that the asphalt driveway in the rear was only 20.5 ft deep . Not to mention by this point weeds were pushing their way through the newly poured asphalt. Not one weed but almost all over the place ! Sure glad I hadn't paid for the soil left ! When I discussed the situation with the owner he got all mad at me . He told me because the asphalt pad was a little smaller then what we had agreed to he would drop the price of the job but now wanted more for his soil as he didn't charge me for delivery ! This man does not live up to what we had agreed to and did a poor job preping the site !

Mike Aichholz from Kamloops

250-319-4888
Kamloops
BC
V2C 6Y1

Need to pave my gravel driveway. Called 3 companies to come by and give me quotes. I let they know they were competing with each other and that I still needed quality work done with the correct thickness. Not like the fly by night guys that just put half an inch and your driveway is no good the next year. Kamloops Asphalt came in with the best rate and they were ready to go to work the following week. They showed up when promised, hauled away the old gravel/weeds, put down fresh road base and then packed down some beautiful asphalt. Very happy with job they did and it is holding up great.