Lilliput Construction

Reviews for Lilliput Construction

Donna in Toronto
Donna in Toronto

Ensuite Bathroom reno

Bathroom renos can be complicated so you want a contractor who knows their stuff, is honest and is respectful of your wishes and properties. Taras is all of that and more. He is a master craftsman committed to quality work and attention to detail. He discussed every design decision with me before proceeding. He showed up every day at the agreed to time and worked HARD. I mean really HARD! He and his crew are polite and respectful and were a joy to deal with. Taras effectively coordinated with the sub-trades so there were no delays and no surprises. He maintained good communication throughout the project and also had a clear contract with no weasel words. I appreciated that Taras didn't try to dovetail another job with mine, so there wasn't a day when he went on someone else's job. I appreciated that. At the end of every day, he reviewed the work done with me, cleaned up and removed the tools. I am delighted with the results. Check out the pics! What it looks like now (nice huh?) and before. Amazing right?! I have already recommended the company to my friends and wouldn't hesitate to hire them again. Thank you Taras!!

Donna
Thank you for your kind words. I take great pride in the work I do. I must say this turned out to be one of my proudest, if not a master piece... very close to it. It was a pleasure working with you.

Derek
Derek

two bathrooms renovated

I hired Taras to do two bathrooms in my townhouse and I am extremely satisfied with the results. It was a pleasure working with him and his crew. Taras stripped the baths completely, and did a masterful job of tiling and coordinating the other trades. He has such attention to detail and made several suggestions as to what would improve the final results. He quoted all aspects, was on budget, and always let me know of any changes. I am looking forward to seeing him again the fall to work on my kitchen tile. Highly recommended.

Dear Derek

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working on your bathrooms. We are happy to hear you are extremely satisfied with our work. We look forward to work with you again in the fall for the kitchen tile.

lilliput construction

Master Bedroom Ensuite Bathroom

Master Bedroom/ Bathroom Ensuite Renovation

It is my distinct pleasure to write another review for Lilliput Construction.

We were so impressed with the renovation that Taras did on our main bathroom, in the summer, that we asked him to completely redo the bathroom ensuite off of our master bedroom.

Taras stripped everything down to the studs. He had the vision to see how a small area could be opened up and made to look and feel more spacious. He put down intricate tiles on the floor and put large tiles in the shower, including the shower ceiling. He recommended a “linear drain” for the shower, so that the water would run to the back of the shower, allowing for more standing space in the entire area. He prepared the shower for the easy installation of custom-made glass walls and a glass shower door.

Taras repaired and painted the walls, the ceiling, and the trim; he installed a new vanity and new bathroom fixtures; he installed a new “Toto” toilet; he sealed all of the tiles and the granite top on the vanity; he installed new light fixtures; he put in a new ceiling fan and cover, venting it through the roof to the outside; and he installed a new mirror. In short, he completely “transformed” our bathroom into a show piece! Like a new “Picasso”, we are pleased to have another “Taras Original”!

Once again, Taras showed an exceptional attention to detail, working with patience and precision. We have never seen such outstanding workmanship or such a level of caring!

To anyone for whom quality is of paramount importance, my wife and I heartily endorse Taras and Lilliput Construction. You will never be disappointed with his workmanship, his level of caring, his attention to detail, and his willingness to please.

Dear Private User

Thank you for the kind words again. It was a pleasure work with you on your ensuite. It wasn't just my vision , we worked together on this.I'm truly happy to be compared to "picasso". I look forward to working with you again in the future should you need it. Thank you again for allowing me the pleasure to turn your bathroom into a showpiece that I'm truly proud of.

Taras

Bathroom Renovation

It is my distinct pleasure to write a review for Lilliput Construction.

I cannot say enough about the quality of work that was done in our home. Taras did an awesome job!

Our main upstairs bathroom was in need of a complete and major renovation. In the bathtub area, Taras removed the tub and tiles and stripped everything down to the studs. He proceeded to put in some new studs, to plane some existing studs, and to level the walls and to smooth out the ceiling. He put in new plumbing and supported it like it has never been supported, before. He put in a new bathtub, making sure that it was more level and better supported than it ever was, before. He painstakingly put in new subway tiles in the bathtub area; he put them in so well that they almost didn’t look real (they were so perfect that they looked like they were one piece)!

He removed the old ceramic tile on the floor, screwed down the subfloor, and put down a new layer of plywood. He put in stone tiles on the floor, with the same level of attention and precision as he demonstrated with the subway tiles.

He repaired all of the walls and put in wainscoting. His attention to detail and his level of perfection in putting up the wainscoting were extraordinary. He painted the walls, the ceiling, and the trim; he installed a new vanity and new bathroom fixtures; he installed a new “Toto” toilet; he sealed all of the tiles and the granite top on the vanity; he installed new light fixtures; he put in a new ceiling fan and cover, eliminating any previous drafts; and he installed a new mirror. In short, he completely “transformed” our bathroom into a show piece!

So impressed have my wife and I been with the work that Taras has done that we were motivated to ask him to completely renovate our master bedroom washroom ensuite (currently “in process”), to put in new hardwood flooring, and, later on, to completely renovate our kitchen.

We have never seen such outstanding workmanship or such a level of caring!

Dear Private user,

Thank you for your kind words. It was my distinct pleasure working on your bathroom. It pleasure working with you. I look forward to continue in making your home a masterpiece you can fall in love with all over again. Thank you again for taking the time to write a thoughtful review.

Taras
Lilliput Construction

Kitchen Backsplash

We had a very small reno job to be completed since we had already purchased the tiles and grout for our kitchen backsplash so all we needed was just the installation. Taras answered our call and was able to squeeze us in between his other projects. He was very responsive throughout the whole entire process from quote to post-completion. With his extensive knowledge in tiling, he was able to advise us the some additional materials to buy such as edgers and sealant for maintenance purposes.

Taras was also very punctual and always arrived on time. He takes pride in his work and was very meticulous down to the fine details such as the corner cuts on the marble. We wanted the job to be done in one day but Taras advised us otherwise due to drying time of the glue, grout, and sealant. He completed the job in 2 days 1 additional day to apply sealant. And he even worked through the weekend to apply the grout and sealant!

Overall, we are more than happy with the results and we would definitely recommend Taras/Lilliput Construction to our family and friends!

Great job done guys and keep up the amazing work! Thank you for the work that you've done and going out of your way to keep your customers happy and satisfied.

GG
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review. We are pleased to hear you are happy and satisfied with the work done in your home and that you would recommend us to your friends and family.

Sincerely
Lilliput construction

Lasybugs1 in
Lasybugs1 in

Washroom and Kitchen

I was very impressed with both the perfection of work and professionalism during the time in my home fully renovating my bathroom from scratch and Kitchen floor. I would definitely call back for future renovations.

Thank you for the nice feedback. Glad you like the work.

Ted S in Aurora
Ted S in Aurora
1 review Sudbury, ON

Great Fence

Taras constructed a sturdy well built fence with a gated entrance for our out of town rental property. Taras was willing to travel to the site and the work was done in a timely fashion with minimal disruption. We would highly recommend him.

Thank you for the nice review. It was no problem at all to travel.

Angela in Maple
Angela in Maple
3 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

Renos and repairs

Had Taras do some repairs for our kitchen and bathroom in our old house. Repairs look good as new. We also had him do some upgrades for our bathroom in our new home. He did a fantastic job. Paid attention to details and listened to everything we wanted. The quality of the workmanship and materials are top notch. Definitely recommend him to friends and family.

I was happy to fix up the old place and the new one. Glad you like the work!

Kenneth Peckham in
Kenneth Peckham in

Bathroom Updating

This company provided friendly and efficient service. The contractor is very patient and really listens to you about what you need — totally amazing and definitely affordable. I already have told my friends!

Thank you for the nice review.

Jay in Toronto
Jay in Toronto

Kitchen Backsplash

I had Taras do two back splashes for me in glass tile. Scheduling was easy and he was there when he said he would and more importantly the job turned out great. I would definitely use again and recommend to others

Thank you for the nice response.

More about Lilliput Construction

Big or small we do it all, whether you looking for a full bathroom renovation, or just interested in an updated look, we can accommodate you needs. From custom shower enclosures and bathroom design, to tile, or even facet and towel bar installation there is no project too small!

We believe that a bathroom renovation is not worth doing, unless it is done properly and with the best materials available. A well built and maintained bathroom should stand the test of time. This is why we commit to providing the best possible in bathroom renovation services & ensure that our clients expectations are not only met, but exceeded.