Gulliver Garage Doors

Steven R in Edmonton
Steven R in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Dealt with Issues Promptly

Polite Service, seems to be a quality job.

had some minor issues that were dealt with within a day of installation to my satisfaction.

were able to fix my door quickly.

Please shop around first

I want to be clear first. The tech who came to my home was great, very polite, did a good job, clean and meticulous with his work. Where my challenge was is the price. I called because the spring in my garage door went , when they showed up (the next morning) they confirmed this and advised the cost would be 650.00, i have never replaced this before and was shocked, i asked if they could do a bit better and they did, to 550.00. He was there and my door was broke so i said go ahead and fix it. Where i went wrong is not shopping around, it came up later that day at work when i spoke of it only to learn others paid much less, i was curious so i called 8 other reputable door repair companies and received prices from 342.00 - 389.00 all in for the repair with same warranty. I contracted the work, they did the work, i owe the money. Can't complain about being stupid (me) BUT..... they did say the door industry is not regulated and everyone charges different amounts, but when i called a sample of eight companies and all were within 50 bucks of each other then that suggests some form of regulation if for no other reason then to maintain or capture market share. So if you are going to call this company (who did a good job) call around first and get some quotes if they match it fine if not you won't be out the extra 175.00 bucks like me.

Very Rude!!!

When they answer phone, they wont say hello hi how are you or how may i help you or even company name.. they will say “what do you need” .. Seriously?!!!!! Estimate given $100 over the phone, tech came , very rude and unprofessional, quote $450 just to put the rollers on. I refused and he said he can’t put the doors down as it will damage the rails.. i said, put it back or i will do it myself . He was not allowing me to do that too.. Seriously???? It was my property, my garage door... this people are deserve KARMA ! Would not ever use them not recommend. And yeah, they have several websites with different company name such as “Edmonton Garage door repair “ Gulliver Garage door repair “ etc..BE AWARE

Private User reviews Sherwood Park, AB

BEWARE

They quote you at $29 for assessment and promise to tell you if there are any additional costs, but after simply assessing and removing a lightbulb suddenly the bill was $133 (with a discount he told me), but neglected to tell me prior to of the extra cost incurred with removing that lightbulb which I easily could have done on my own. The guy from Gulliver was extremely unprofessional, constantly taking personal phone calls throughout and had a very rude demeanour. I neglected to receive any invoice. When I called back the next day, I asked the lady if the technicians for sure tell you about any extra costs prior to incurring them, which she promised me they definitely do. I told her about my experience and she proceeded to basically call me a lia r and get very defensive on the phone. All I was offered was very rude remarks and discounts if I was a returning customer on my next garage door repair with them.
PLEASE BEWARE OF FALSE ADVERTISING!
I then received an e-mail from Gulliver Garage Doors tonight in response to my online review. Not only is it extremely unprofessional and childish, but also quite aggressive. Makes me slightly worried for my safety. Please beware of this company.

Spring Replacement

This company charges a fortune for their services. They are frustrating to deal with. Management doesn't seem to care about customer opinions, although their website states "Satisfaction Guarantee". They simply want your money! Also, be careful who you call by looking at google ads. These guys seems to use different numbers and different names, but at the end it ends up being Gulliver Garage Doors that ends up showing up at your home. Do your research!!

Garage door quote

We called them to estimate on a commercial overhead door removal. They demanded money upfront to secure the job, and then when we tried to schedule it in, they were not able to meet our timeframes, which were quite tight. A refund has been very difficult, I agreed on an amount for them going out and looking at it, and when I called back a week later, they upped that amount. The other company we found to remove the door, met our timeframes and did it for half the price Gulliver quoted. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Paulette from Edmonton
Paulette from Edmonton

Definitely pays to compare!

When Gulliver's technician came out to do an estimate, he recommended replacement of both springs ($195 each) and all 10 rollers ($175) which, along with labour, came to $690! I was a bit staggered and after phoning around found those prices to be way out of line and when a second company came to sort things out, the rollers were fine and normally last the life of the door. The springs, which are only replaced when they actually break, did not need replacement either. Everything was checked, adjusted, silicone sprayed for the price of the callout fee!

anneprice132
anneprice132
3 reviews Edmonton, AB

Good Technicians, Frustrations over billing

We had a new opener and track installed but found we had insufficient power to the unit, so we were advised not to use it until the power was fixed. It took a long time and three visits from electricians to find the source of the problem and solve it. Once that was done, we arranged for Gullivers to return to install the Smart Control Panel.

We thought the original technician had taken it with him, but when we tried to contact him his number was no longer in use. Gullivers knew nothing about it, and the technician had left the company.

So, we were told to pay in advance for a new control panel, which we did. When the new technician came to install it he said that we still owned for the cost of the new panel and that the previous payment had been for the callout.

We have paid, before taxes, $650 for the opener and track, $175 for the callout, and $50 for the control panel.

Both technicians who came were knowledgeable and courteous. The system they installed works well.

Garage Door

The technician who came out to do the job was very prompt and professional. There was a concern that arose regarding the billing, however this was dealt with in the end and I am satisfied with the outcome.

More about Gulliver Garage Doors

Gulliver Garage Door Sales-Repair-Installation Best Service In Town 24/ 7 Emergency Repairs Call Us For Your Estimate Today www. gullivergaragedoorsedmonton. com