Afterglow Abode Inc.

Handyman Services
12 Hawkridge Court Northwest Calgary AB T3G3C1
HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Calgary  >  Afterglow Abode Inc.

Reviews for Afterglow Abode Inc.

Lisa from Calgary
Lisa from Calgary

Fence + Railing job = Super Happy!

We have been extremely happy with Troy's job! We first wanted to do some fence repair since our fence looks extremely crappy but the neighbours are not able to pay for a new one. I heard about Troy on a FB group (looks like he is getting a lot of referrals there!) and asked him to come over for an estimate. He was the first contractor to come and see the fence the next day at like 9 oclock and after seeing 2 more contractors I gave him the job.
He came back the very same day and repaired our fence within 45 min.

Then we asked him if he could remove our aluminum railing and get a treated wood instead. His quote was honestly 30% cheaper than the other guy we saw and again, he was able to do it right away.

I feel that Troy is really fair when quoting a job and he told me he was usually 30% cheaper than other companies in YYC. He is right! With this economy, there is no way we can spend tons of money on stuff so I was really glad we found him and he was so prompt at completing the two jobs we gave him.

I already told him I would like to hire him again for another section of our fence that should be brand new this time + Windows work.

Will definitely recommend him to our friends/neigbhours!

Terry from Calgary
Terry from Calgary

Deck Railing Replacement

I couldn't be happier with the service we received from Afterglow Abode! I contacted Troy and he was able to provide a firm quotation within a few days of the request. Once we decided to proceed, he was able to order the materials, complete the demolition, and install the new railings inside of a week.

The deck looks great. The project was delivered extremely fast. The price was much better than the other two quotations I received from other vendors.

I would definitely recommend Afterglow Abode to others and I will keep them in mind when the next house project comes up.

That is a truly GLOWING review Terry! Thank you for your business. It was a pleasure working with you. TROY

Alison
Alison

Stairs off back deck

I came across Afterglow Abode on a Facebook group I am part of. I had asked for recommendations/referrals from the group, and obtained 5 quotes, which ranged from $2000 - $6500, all for the exact same job, materials, etc. Although Afterglow wasn't the cheapest (2nd cheapest though), I did choose them, as Troy seemed reliable, honest and seemed to know what he was talking about. The job was completed within the time frame they promised, he did an excellent job, and the invoice matched the quote - no extra surprises! Troy followed up to make sure I was happy after the fact. Workmanship and customer service was excellent.

Door replacement

Afterglow Abode Inc.
403-990-1687
12 Hawkridge Court Northwest
Calgary
AB
T3G3C1

Although Troy seemed like a nice guy and is just getting his business going, we were super disappointed with our experience. He installed 3 standard doors and one large 3 panel patio door. He really oversold himself and wasn't able to deliver. We ended up paying someone else $1800 to reinstall all the doors he installed as they didn't close properly - particularly the large patio door that he overadjusted the hinge on and broke.
The framer he brought with him that was supposed to be "fantastic" ended up charging for numerous hours of work and only accomplished partially framing a wall, incorrectly framing a door opening (had to be pulled out and redone), and incorrectly framing the opening for the patio doors.
He needs more experience and expertise before he should be going out on his own. The positive was that he was reasonable about the process and agreed not to charge us for the other 1/2 of the bill since he was unable to adjust doors and fix properly and we had to hire someone else to fix them.