JL Landscape

14-3650 langstaff Rd suit 321 Vaughan ON L4L 9A8

Reviews for JL Landscape

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

landscaping

THIS COMPANY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, START THE JOB AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT JOB WITHOUT FINISHING YOURS. THIS IS HOW THEY OPERATE.
PLEASE DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY!! THIS COMPANY HAS LAWYERS AND COLLECTIONS CHASING IT FOR YEARS. SAVE YOUR SELF ALL LOT TIME, ENERGY AND HEART ACHE. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Private User reviews Vaughan, ON

Interlocking & Pool

Found his name on social media, asked him to come and give a quote, he ensured that he knows everything and talked non stop... After few days we signed contract.
He suppose to start Oct. 10, 2017. Claimed everyday he will be with his 4-5 workers from 7:30 to 5:00pm. That NEVER happened. On October 10 I called him at 10:30 am to ask why you still not there, he claimed today we will not work just gonna bring machines.
Next day he came again late around 10 am. alone, worked for 2 hours and said that cant get bin, because bin renting company dont work when it rained day before, which we found out later that is not true.
Third day he came 9:00am worked again for 2 hours claimed his machine getting muddy, giving an excuse just not to work.
Fourth day came 9:00 am worked again for 2 hours. And got another excuse, that our neighbours complained about the bin on the road (neighbours didnt complain)- we checked cameras and he was not stopped by anybody in front of his truck, and didnt fit his description when we asked how he looked, of our neighbours at all. Another story he gave us that Town of Aurora inspector showed up and gave warning not to place bin on the road- it didnt happen- we called our town there was no complain nor inspection, nor warning.
He told us our pool is piped on site and crane booked for Friday- we called pool distributor and owner told us pool is not piped nor crane was booked.
Only then we figured out that he is avoiding and delaying work.
In 4 days of two weeks that he was working he excavated 1 foot deep, half of estimated area.
After talking to our town bylaw representative we found out that he cant place bin on the road without permit, which he said is fine- he has done it 100 times.
He didnt call to locate pipes in our backyard- we have an email from him, that he called and had a green light, but when we called Locate company, they said they didnt get any request, so he was excavating
against the law.
His address on website and our contract is non existing. He operates without permits, excavates against the law, delays work, doesnt answer calls- put us in lots of stress since he left a mess in backyard, ruined front lawn, damaged drain pipe.
After we found out that he had no permits we texted him, that we dont need his services anymore. Next day he came took his equipment- DIDNT REFUND OUR DEPOSIT.
Our lawyer contacted him right away, and was given a week to return it, today was his last day to do so, money wasnt returned.
Stay away from John E. - its an honest advice. We had never met a person with so many untrue promises.
We contacted another pool company the owner said, he had to kick John out for pour workmanship and delays.
We filing a lawsuit against him.
He will probably respond to this review with another excuse or accusation, dont believe him anything he says, read previous reviews!

Driveway

Johnny E. was recommended to me by a mutual friend. Seemed like a reliable likable person although he was too talkative with promises. He does love to talk and spin great stories about his many jobs.

I had a laundry list of items and he committed to completing everything from building flower beds and providing top soil to removing unwanted trees. The project began with great promise in early May but then a week of no activity or communication. His commitment to me and my wife was completion within time frame that appeared to me as unreasonable. He was adamant that the time line would work. It didn't work and when he sort of competed the job in June, the work was not bad but the flower bed was missing top soil, the sod was not replaced and the trees remained because he didn't want to rent the necessary equipment.
r but, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding.

Johnny E. is a smooth talker who provides you with many promises such as having insurance (ask for a copy of the certificate), the workers will damage downspouts and he doesn't acknowledge the damage and has the nerve to suggest he provides a ten year warranty but the icing is the unreasonable time lines when he doesn't have the necessary manpower. He comes off as a buffoon.

He is a great magician because he disappears when the money is paid and the job is incomplete and the calls go unanswered, texts are not acknowledged and the voicemail is full.

You need to consider this point. He will tell you that he has many jobs on the go but there are few reviews of the work. In today's age of online presence, he is non existent. Why?

If you want to work Johnny E., I recommend you document every aspect of work you want done with time lines for completion and then you maintain at least 15% back if there is still work to complete.

Thanks for reading.

in Vaughan
in Vaughan

Interlock driveway with flagstone patio

I made a deal with John E. in May 2015 to be started right away. He started the job in July, he had most of my money so I couldn't stop or say anything. He barely finished the job in November 2015 6 months later. I asked for a contract from day 1 but just got game playing from him. Worst job I have ever seen. The whole process was a nightmare of chasing and problems. If I had a contract I would have taken him to court. I'm a real customer giving a real review and being extremely kind in this review. STAY AWAY FROM HIM is the best advise I can give. He is a fly by night company that prays on nice people. Never has a referral. I'm not saying this anonymously and would be happy to answer any more questions. See my photo's, wish I could explain them further. That's how the job was left after paying full 35,000. He will not give receipts, no such thing as a warrantee. The pictures show a puddle that always forms, grout missing and flagstone sunk, stone cut off on front steps, grassy area all dead and I had to clean all his garbage, Pic of one of the many loose interlock stones, side of the driveway curb stones not finished and not the curb stones I wanted as you can see they don't belong- they look like leftovers from another job, 9 lights installed in the driveway all rusted after the first rainfall as you see in the pic, worse now, second last pic shows interlock side of driveway with no edging to hold it.

"It is unfortunate that you did not have the same positive experience our other clients have. We advised you on how to care for your landscaping after we installed it so it would continue to look great ( cars that leak oil ) At this time, there is still a balance owing on your account due to the NSF cheque we received. We look forward to providing more service for you to resolve any small issues but we first need to be compensated for the work we have done.
This is the 1st we are herring about your lights and issues we would be more then happy to come replace it it's still under full warranty we don't make them we buy them so it could happen but I guess you never called us to advise us of such because of the 6000.00 you still owe for the NSF and we never even called you after for the money owed maybe we should but we understand people have hard times with money should of seen it coming
Keep in mind that the 35000 is including tax
No job is ever perfect but we try our best and for the small things you are talking about it's not much to fix and we have no problem coming to fix it after you take care of your outstanding balance.
We advised you to not walk on the flagstone for 24h and your kids walked on it after 3 hours but never the less you asked for credit for the flagstone it took you 2 months to pay us and when you did your payment came back NSF
We are sorry that your making excuses not to pay us and I get it you don't have the money to pay for it so you try to put our company down its ok and if you want us to come fix a few things and try to work out a payment plan I'm sure we can work some thing out and maybe we all can be happy regarding this matter
Best regards
JL Landscape

Mandeep from Vaughan
Mandeep from Vaughan
1 review Caledon, ON

Interlock, Landscape stone

I contacted John and asked for an estimate for my interest in interlock and landscape stoning. I was particularity impressed with how fast he responded to my inquiry. Afterwards he made sure that everything was to my satisfaction and that I was happy with the work. I was very happy! It looks beautiful!

Thanks so much im glad to here that i did the best i could for you

Cristina from Vaughan
Cristina from Vaughan

Pool and landscaping

I was looking for someone to help me improve the look of my home, JL Landscaping went above and beyond my expectations at such a good price! John was honest and helpful in so many ways!

Well thank.you so much hope you enjoy the new look

More about JL Landscape

JL Landscape has been perfecting the landscape industry for over 35 years now. No job is to big or to small for our company with a staff of 25 workers JL Landscape is your right choice We do interlock, armour stone, flag stone, concrete curbs, sod, landscape stone, steps and ...
Looking for Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs pros in Vaughan?