Ycl Structural Designs

Ycl Structural Designs

Best of 2019 winner 2 timesBest of 2019winner 2 times

Reviews for Ycl Structural Designs

Lowering Basement

YCL expertly and smoothly handled the engineering design and site inspections for our conversion of a sand filled crawlspace into a full height basement. The challenges of digging out a basement in an historic semi detached home required various problem solving and a hybrid of benching and underpinning. Although there were a few surprises which are not uncommon when dealing with an old structure, YCL addressed the issues with solid and timely solutions. We couldn't be more pleased with the results. It was also a pleasure to work with someone who was so reliable and pleasant. L.M.

Thanks Lily! It was a pleasure working with you the underpinning team! Glad you are finally able to make use of that space.

Kitchen renovatio

We hired Yu Chin to work on the structural drawings of our kitchen as part of House and Home Ikea Kitchen renovation contest in the spring of 2016.
Yu Chin managed to do an outstanding job in very little time, understanding the time constraint of the project. He also managed to ensure that permits and the amazing amount of paperwork needed was prepared and delivered within a week. Furthermore Yu Chin obtained revised permits within a few days. On top of his professional abilities and experience, Yu Chin is a very fair, decent, pleasant and kind person to work with. We would certainly recommend Yu Chin’s company to anyone planning renovations or construction projects.

Thanks Radford, I'm truly appreciative of the opportunity to be a part of such a unique project. The new kitchen looks great!

Angela B in Toronto
Angela B in Toronto

Structural Drawings for Underpinning

I hired Yu to complete the structural drawings required for the permits to underpin my basement. He was great at explaining the process and walking me through all of the different documents that I would require to submit my building permit to the City of Toronto.

The drawings themselves were great; both my contractor and the Building Department staffer at the City of Toronto commented on the quality of the drawings, which I believe led to a speedy permit approval.

As part of the scope, I also asked Yu to do drawings for a future wall removal on my first floor, which he added for a minimal extra cost (which saved me from having to pay the full set of fees again).

Based on the quality of his work and the fact that he answered all of my questions (and I had quite a few!), I would definitely hire him again.

Thanks Angela! Happy to answer any more questions you may have! ;)

Ivan in Toronto
Ivan in Toronto

Structural Engineering

For my home renovation project, I needed structural engineering drawings as I was removing certain walls and was unsure about what I needed. I used YCL Structural Designs services and I was very satisfied. Yu Ching provided me a quote and timeline for his services. As it was my first time doing doing major renovations, Yu Ching was patient in answering my questions and guiding me through the process. He completed the scope of work within budget and schedule.

Thanks Ivan, glad you were happy with our work!

Load Bearing Walls

I called Yu from YCL Design for a structural report on removing existing load bearing walls and open up the space for a small home. He was able to make the appointment on the same day I called him. Yu provided exceptional customer service and easily understood our requirements. He is knowledgeable, professional and provided us additional advice on moving forward. He committed a turnaround of 3 days and met this in a timely fashion. Yu also came back again to explain the report and provided an overview of his report. Thank you so much Yu.

Mary and Robert

Thanks Mary and Robert!

Frances in Toronto, Ontario
Frances in Toronto, Ontario

Structural Drawings and Permit

I found YCL Structural Design on Homestars and very glad I did. I needed drawings pulled together very quickly and Yu Ching and his team did just that - even working the weekend which was very much appreciated. They also submitted for the permits which saved me a lot of hassle. I found them to be professional, knowledgeable, responsive, empathetic, meticulous and a great team to work with. They understood my situation and took the extra steps to make it as easy for me as possible. I would highly recommend YCL and would use them again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Frances, we were more than happy to take the extra steps for you given the situation!

Richard Vaz in Etobicoke
Richard Vaz in Etobicoke

Support Beam on Main floor for Kitchen Renovation

Yu Ching is fantastic! I called him for a quote and he came to my house right away, provided a competitive quote as well as timing of when I can expect to have the final drawing. He applied for the city permit which I received a week later from him. When the contractor had questions about some unforeseen joists, he provided the work around immediately thus avoiding any delays. I just passed the inspection and it was so smooth. Thank you so much for your professionalism and for always being accessible.

You're very welcome Richard and Joanne! Glad everything went smoothly!

Stephen Co in Toronto
Stephen Co in Toronto

Low bearing wall removal - Awesome work!

Yu Ching was referred to us by a friend to help with a renovation of our kitchen, living room, and dining room. It involved removing several walls to make it more open concept. He was super friendly, knowledgeable, accessible to answer questions (whenever my wife and I didn't understand anything), and provided practical solutions. He assisted us in obtaining the permits which required little work from our end (which is amazing!) and followed through with closing off with the permit at the end. I would definitely recommend his services if anyone is looking to do structural work on their home or building. Top quality work at an affordable price!

Thank you for the great review Stephen and Vivien! It was a pleasure to work with you two!

More about Ycl Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!