Ycl Structural Designs

Reviews for Ycl Structural Designs

Jen in North York
Jen in North York

Stamp Architectural design including underpinning

As my P. Eng retired, I sought a new engineer to move forward with projects. This project included an addition, complete renovation along with underpinning. Yu reviewed my structural design and provided an alternative design to support the existing roof for the 2nd floor open concept. He was professional, easily reached and provided the stamped drawings in a timely manner. I have already retained hm for other projects.

Kadian
Kadian

Structural Engineer Drawings

We needed a structural engineer to produce a solution to remove load bearing walls, and create an open concept (kitchen, living and dining room). Through various reviews on Homestar we were directed to YCL, Yu. On the initial 'information gathering' phone call, he provided us with a comprehensive overview of the process to obtain drawings for a building permit. Of all the 'information gathering' calls we made, he was the most generous with information.

When we decided to go with him, a few weeks later, someone was sent to do the initial measuring. We then communicated back and forth, until the final drawings were produced. We submitted the drawings to the City, and was granted the Permit requested with no issues.

I will recommend Yu and his team, at YCL, to anyone who needs the services that he offers. He was cost effective, prompt in all communication, accessible and informative.

Donna l.
Donna l.

structural for total renovation including underpinning

Yu Ching was very personable , responsive and professional , answered all of my questions with patience , I HAD A LOT, he was recommend by a trade and I plan on using him in the future. I would highly recommend him .

Thank you Donna! Looking forward to the next one!

Michelle in North York
Michelle in North York

Rush Report

Our original engineer went away on vacation and we needed an inspection report. Yu Ching was able to send someone from his team out on short notice and provided the reported we needed saving us stress before the holidays. Thank you again!

Thank you Michelle! Hope you enjoyed your holidays!

shane
shane

Interior Renovation

I worked with Yu Ching on an interior renovation project that I had designed. Yu worked on my plans and gave me specifications for beam and post sizes for some interior load bearing walls that were being removed. I have also worked with Yu on various other projects and his timing is great and he is very dependable to attend site meetings and provide drawings and/or specifications.

Thanks Shane! Enjoyed working with you over the years! Looking forward to more!

Shannon in North York
Shannon in North York

Structural Engineering for residential renovation

We hired Yu Ching to help us with the structural components of our permit drawings for the renovation of our home. He was always contactable, very pleasant to deal with and was able to make miracles happen for us by setting up urgent site visits and turning around drawings quickly. It seemed he was working day and night! Would highly recommend him and have thoroughly enjoyed working with him.

Thanks Shannon! We certainly work day and night ;)

bmiladin
bmiladin

Extensive House Reno Structural Engineering Services

We did an extensive house reno in the Moore Park area involving some complex structural features, including whole roof re-design, underpinning the basement, and used a few sizeable steel beams throughout the house. We used YCL Structural Design for all of our structural Engineering needs and were very pleased by the work done. Yu Ching was very responsive, professional, and provided a few great structural solutions to our house which improved the layout of our house. I would definitely use him again and would highly recommend his services to anyone.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to work on this challenging and rewarding project!

minkrealestatecapital
minkrealestatecapital

Structural plans and permitting

I am an owner for a mixed use commercial building in toronto. There were some issues we noticed with our beams and joists in the basement. Yu was very thorough from the beginning and explained the process to us. He came to the site and gave us practical and efficient solutions to the problem. Report was provided in a timely way and the job was conducted very professionally. Being a builder and investor of real estate you seldom come across professionals who provide creative, efficient and yet proffessional solutions. I would definitely use their service again and recommend to any builders and proffesional in construction.

Judy in North York
Judy in North York

Report for Inspector

We needed a structural report for our exterior staircase and called Yu Ching. He answered all of our questions and was able to come visit our home and turned around the report fairly quick. He is reliable and got the work done in a timely manner. We would use him again and will definitely recommend him to others!

Thank you Judy! Always an adventure trying to close out a permit from literally ten years ago!

Piscine100 in Toronto
Piscine100 in Toronto

Structural engineering services for basement underpinning

Thank you Yu for your excellent service. I engaged the structural engineering services of YCL for my basement underpinning. Yu was recommended by my underpinning contractor. I had lots of questions throughout the process and Yu was always available to answer them and very patient with me. It is hard to navigate the process when you are acting as your own general contractor, so I really appreciated Yu’s assistance. The cost for reviewing and stamping design plans and attending my premises to conduct the required inspections throughout the job was very reasonable. Also, I made some mistakes and Yu was helpful and accommodating when extra work was required. I’ve already recommended him to others and will continue to do so in the future.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback and referrals Jodi!

More about Ycl Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!