YCL Structural Designs

Heron's Hill Way Toronto ON M2J 0A7
HomeStars  >  Structural Engineering in Toronto  >  YCL Structural Designs

Reviews for YCL Structural Designs

Cassandra

We contacted YCL for the structural design to remove some walls. The walls were load bearing, YCL was able to design appropriate posts and beams needed to remove the walls. We are pleased with the work YCL did for us and would not hesitate to recommend them. Thanks!

Thanks Cassandra! You were great to work with!

jeannross in Toronto, Ontario

We used YCL for some structural engineering with our first floor reno. They were easy to work with, friendly and efficient! Would definitely use again and recommend to anyone! Thanks for all your help.

Thanks Craig, good luck with the reno!

Carlo in Mississauga

I hired YCL to perform a review and recommendation for the removal of a load bearing wall between my kitchen and dining room. Yu Ching was very polite, prompt and professional throughout the entire process. Even after he had provided his reports, he was still available for a quick call or email to clarify items or even propose alternates, which is great for those looking to budget their projects. I have consulted with a contractor who is very highly rated on HomeStars (RebuildThePlanet), whom also works close with Yu Ching, and together they form a very professional and worry-free service for consultation and construction. I am pleased to know that even the contractors can depend on Yu Ching for his expertise.

I would highly recommend hiring the YCL team for any engineering reviews/consultations to anyone looking to perform renovations and projects. I'm glad that I have peace of mind in my home and its construction, thanks in part to the expertise and professional services of YCL.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for this thorough review Carlo! You are in great hands with Rebuild The Planet :)

Kris

I hired YCL to handle the engineering component of an underpinning and rear addition project for my home. Yu Ching did a great job on my project. His pragmatic approach and depth of knowledge was invaluable. I was also very impressed that my trades (foundation and carpenter) knew Yu Ching and were very happy to be working with him. He has a great reputation and did a great job on my project. I highly recommend YCL to anyone looking for an engineer for their renovation project.

Thanks for the feedback regarding your trades being familiar with us!

Zach
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Igor and his team completed an underpin on budget and in the allotted time he asked quoted. very reliable and would definitely recommend them for any water proofing or foundation work going forward.

Bruce in Toronto
1 review Saguenay, PQ

We required an engineer's inspection report for some work that a contractor performed. Yu Ching was professional and easy to deal with. He came when he said he would, and delivered the services in line with his estimate.

Thanks Bruce! You were equally as easy to work with!

Emilie Adams from Old Toronto

We hired YCL to do the structural drawings for our basement underpinning project of our semi detached. Yu Ching provided the necessary drawings, applied for all the permits on our behalf and answered any questions we had along the way in a timely manner. His team always showed up on time for the inspections and they also had a great relationship with our contractor Tri-Colour Concrete. We would highly recommend YCL for their services as they were very knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. E.A

Thank you Emilie! You and Matthew were great to work with!

SF in NorthYork

We hired YCL Structural Designs to assess a load-bearing wall that we wanted to remove - after a poor experience with another structural engineer. Yu was extremely easy to work with. He had excellent communication skills. He was very clear in providing us different service options and associated fees.

The assessment and construction plan we received for our wall was clear and he laid out 2 options for wall removal and required supports.

We had several questions through the process and Yu was very open to explaining things further and was very patient. I wish all our contractors and tradespeople were as easy to work with as Yu. His price was fair and there were no added surprise fees.

Glad I was going to provide alternative options you two were happy with!

Yu Ching and his team at YCL went above and beyond to not only do thorough work for our basement underpinning engineering, but also provided so much helpful advice along the way.
We underpinned the basement of our semi-detached home. YCL provided the initial drawings and also did inspections as work progressed. His team was always prompt and courteous when coming to our home. YCL took care of applying for city permits on our behalf, saving us so much time and hassle.
Whenever we had a question, Yu Ching was there. With such a major renovation project, it was extremely reassuring to have such a great engineer looking after our home. Thanks so much for helping this project go smoothly. We'd definitely use YCL again!
Yu Ching was always prompt in replying to any concerns we had.

Thanks Chris, enjoy your renovated basement!

Cecile in Toronto

Yu Ching helped us obtain a city permit for adding a window in our basement. He was flexible enough to enable us use our own drawings which saved us a significant amount of money, and help us thru the city application process. He was quick and responsive and I would definitely recommend his services.

Very happy to help Cecile! Thank you for choosing us!

More about YCL Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!