YCL Structural Designs

Reviews for YCL Structural Designs

Shannon in North York
Shannon in North York

Structural Engineering for residential renovation

We hired Yu Ching to help us with the structural components of our permit drawings for the renovation of our home. He was always contactable, very pleasant to deal with and was able to make miracles happen for us by setting up urgent site visits and turning around drawings quickly. It seemed he was working day and night! Would highly recommend him and have thoroughly enjoyed working with him.

Thanks Shannon! We certainly work day and night ;)

minkrealestatecapital
minkrealestatecapital

Structural plans and permitting

I am an owner for a mixed use commercial building in toronto. There were some issues we noticed with our beams and joists in the basement. Yu was very thorough from the beginning and explained the process to us. He came to the site and gave us practical and efficient solutions to the problem. Report was provided in a timely way and the job was conducted very professionally. Being a builder and investor of real estate you seldom come across professionals who provide creative, efficient and yet proffessional solutions. I would definitely use their service again and recommend to any builders and proffesional in construction.

Judy in North York
Judy in North York

Report for Inspector

We needed a structural report for our exterior staircase and called Yu Ching. He answered all of our questions and was able to come visit our home and turned around the report fairly quick. He is reliable and got the work done in a timely manner. We would use him again and will definitely recommend him to others!

Thank you Judy! Always an adventure trying to close out a permit from literally ten years ago!

Piscine100 in Toronto
Piscine100 in Toronto

Structural engineering services for basement underpinning

Thank you Yu for your excellent service. I engaged the structural engineering services of YCL for my basement underpinning. Yu was recommended by my underpinning contractor. I had lots of questions throughout the process and Yu was always available to answer them and very patient with me. It is hard to navigate the process when you are acting as your own general contractor, so I really appreciated Yu’s assistance. The cost for reviewing and stamping design plans and attending my premises to conduct the required inspections throughout the job was very reasonable. Also, I made some mistakes and Yu was helpful and accommodating when extra work was required. I’ve already recommended him to others and will continue to do so in the future.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback and referrals Jodi!

tina_sorensen1 in Toronto, Ontario
tina_sorensen1 in Toronto, Ontario

Engineering for load Bearing wall

Great group to work with
I would highly recommend
From start to finish everyone at the company was professional, courteous, and completed all work in a timely manner
All work provided cleared the first time with the City Inspector which ensured our project wasn't delayed

Thanks Tina, we enjoyed working with you as well!

Kelsey And Dave in North York
Kelsey And Dave in North York

Structural Design Review

Very impressed. Prompt, professional and very personable. We will be recommending YCL Structural Designs Ltd to everyone we hear of needing the services they provide. We are overall very pleased.

Thanks Kelsey & Dave! Glad we were able to help!

Load Bearing Wall Removal

We contacts YCL after reading the reviews on homestars and Yu Ching lived up to all of the reviews. It was a great decision to go with YCL. We were removing a load bearing walls and YCL drew the entire house so we could submit to the city for the permit. There were many questions throughout the process of getting the permit and Yu Ching was always available to answer any of those questions, he was patient and knowledgeable. I also found the person to remove the wall on Homestars (Leuri Rebuild the planet) and he told me he could recommend the best person for the diagrams, and it turned out it was YCL, so I was relieved. You will not regret the choice.

Thanks Omar! You were great to work with. Glad we were able to live up to your expectations!

Cassandra
Cassandra

Structural Design for wall removal

We contacted YCL for the structural design to remove some walls. The walls were load bearing, YCL was able to design appropriate posts and beams needed to remove the walls. We are pleased with the work YCL did for us and would not hesitate to recommend them. Thanks!

Thanks Cassandra! You were great to work with!

Carlo in Mississauga
Carlo in Mississauga

Structural Engineering Review/inspection for Load Bearing Wall Removal

I hired YCL to perform a review and recommendation for the removal of a load bearing wall between my kitchen and dining room. Yu Ching was very polite, prompt and professional throughout the entire process. Even after he had provided his reports, he was still available for a quick call or email to clarify items or even propose alternates, which is great for those looking to budget their projects. I have consulted with a contractor who is very highly rated on HomeStars (RebuildThePlanet), whom also works close with Yu Ching, and together they form a very professional and worry-free service for consultation and construction. I am pleased to know that even the contractors can depend on Yu Ching for his expertise.

I would highly recommend hiring the YCL team for any engineering reviews/consultations to anyone looking to perform renovations and projects. I'm glad that I have peace of mind in my home and its construction, thanks in part to the expertise and professional services of YCL.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for this thorough review Carlo! You are in great hands with Rebuild The Planet :)

More about YCL Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!