YCL Structural Designs

Heron's Hill Way Toronto ON M2J 0A7
HomeStars  >  Structural Engineering in Toronto  >  YCL Structural Designs

Reviews for YCL Structural Designs

Kris

I hired YCL to handle the engineering component of an underpinning and rear addition project for my home. Yu Ching did a great job on my project. His pragmatic approach and depth of knowledge was invaluable. I was also very impressed that my trades (foundation and carpenter) knew Yu Ching and were very happy to be working with him. He has a great reputation and did a great job on my project. I highly recommend YCL to anyone looking for an engineer for their renovation project.

Thanks for the feedback regarding your trades being familiar with us!

Zach
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Igor and his team completed an underpin on budget and in the allotted time he asked quoted. very reliable and would definitely recommend them for any water proofing or foundation work going forward.

Bruce in Toronto
1 review Saguenay, PQ

We required an engineer's inspection report for some work that a contractor performed. Yu Ching was professional and easy to deal with. He came when he said he would, and delivered the services in line with his estimate.

Thanks Bruce! You were equally as easy to work with!

Emilie Adams from Old Toronto

We hired YCL to do the structural drawings for our basement underpinning project of our semi detached. Yu Ching provided the necessary drawings, applied for all the permits on our behalf and answered any questions we had along the way in a timely manner. His team always showed up on time for the inspections and they also had a great relationship with our contractor Tri-Colour Concrete. We would highly recommend YCL for their services as they were very knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. E.A

Thank you Emilie! You and Matthew were great to work with!

SF in NorthYork

We hired YCL Structural Designs to assess a load-bearing wall that we wanted to remove - after a poor experience with another structural engineer. Yu was extremely easy to work with. He had excellent communication skills. He was very clear in providing us different service options and associated fees.

The assessment and construction plan we received for our wall was clear and he laid out 2 options for wall removal and required supports.

We had several questions through the process and Yu was very open to explaining things further and was very patient. I wish all our contractors and tradespeople were as easy to work with as Yu. His price was fair and there were no added surprise fees.

Glad I was going to provide alternative options you two were happy with!

Yu Ching and his team at YCL went above and beyond to not only do thorough work for our basement underpinning engineering, but also provided so much helpful advice along the way.
We underpinned the basement of our semi-detached home. YCL provided the initial drawings and also did inspections as work progressed. His team was always prompt and courteous when coming to our home. YCL took care of applying for city permits on our behalf, saving us so much time and hassle.
Whenever we had a question, Yu Ching was there. With such a major renovation project, it was extremely reassuring to have such a great engineer looking after our home. Thanks so much for helping this project go smoothly. We'd definitely use YCL again!
Yu Ching was always prompt in replying to any concerns we had.

Thanks Chris, enjoy your renovated basement!

Cecile in Toronto

Yu Ching helped us obtain a city permit for adding a window in our basement. He was flexible enough to enable us use our own drawings which saved us a significant amount of money, and help us thru the city application process. He was quick and responsive and I would definitely recommend his services.

Very happy to help Cecile! Thank you for choosing us!

Darren from Toronto

We required drawings and permits to remove a load bearing wall for a kitchen project. Yu was incredible from beginning to end. YCL measured, provided structural drawings and obtained permits. Yu was so flexible and patient with us as well.

Thank you Darren! Hope your kitchen turns out great!

homeowner2016 in Toronto

We needed a structural engineer to draw up plans for taking down a wall and making our window bigger in our kitchen. I called Yu Ching (after calling some of the other guys on homestars) who told me a bit about himself and asked me a few questions about our plans before we made an appointment to come see the house. He was very knowledgeable and courteous when answering my questions. I found out through my research that he worked for a very large a reputable company for a long time before starting his own business, which made me feel comfortable with his experience. Yu Ching arrived on time and again asked me a few questions to find out more about my place and what my ultimate plans were. Not only is he knowledgeable but he also gave me some great pieces of advice of how i could go about accomplishing the plans for my home. He was able get all the measurements and have the plans to me in such a quick turnaround time as well. He also applied for the permits for my home for me so that saved me time and traveling and made this whole process stress free. In the end Yu Ching delivered the Permits for both building and plumbing and I was able to get on with my project very quickly. I think Yu Ching provides a great service for a reasonable price, if you're a homeowner like me that wants to get things done RIGHT but at a fair price, then call YCL, you will be happy you did.

Thank you Sam! Enjoy your new kitchen!

Decker from Toronto

Our condo board stipulated that we needed a structural engineer to assess the feasibility of installing an awning over our terrace since it would be installed on a common element wall. Yu promptly responded to my email request. I was able to send him the necessary information, and he followed up by doing a site visit within a few days. Yu provided us with exactly what was necessary and within our very tight timeline. He was professional and thorough. Thanks Yu!

Thank you Mary and Sue! Enjoy the summer on your terrace with the new awning!

More about YCL Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!