YCL Structural Designs

Reviews for YCL Structural Designs

Kelsey And Dave in North York
Kelsey And Dave in North York

Structural Design Review

Very impressed. Prompt, professional and very personable. We will be recommending YCL Structural Designs Ltd to everyone we hear of needing the services they provide. We are overall very pleased.

Thanks Kelsey & Dave! Glad we were able to help!

Load Bearing Wall Removal

We contacts YCL after reading the reviews on homestars and Yu Ching lived up to all of the reviews. It was a great decision to go with YCL. We were removing a load bearing walls and YCL drew the entire house so we could submit to the city for the permit. There were many questions throughout the process of getting the permit and Yu Ching was always available to answer any of those questions, he was patient and knowledgeable. I also found the person to remove the wall on Homestars (Leuri Rebuild the planet) and he told me he could recommend the best person for the diagrams, and it turned out it was YCL, so I was relieved. You will not regret the choice.

Thanks Omar! You were great to work with. Glad we were able to live up to your expectations!

Cassandra
Cassandra

Structural Design for wall removal

We contacted YCL for the structural design to remove some walls. The walls were load bearing, YCL was able to design appropriate posts and beams needed to remove the walls. We are pleased with the work YCL did for us and would not hesitate to recommend them. Thanks!

Thanks Cassandra! You were great to work with!

jeannross in Toronto, Ontario
jeannross in Toronto, Ontario

Structural Engineering for our new house

We used YCL for some structural engineering with our first floor reno. They were easy to work with, friendly and efficient! Would definitely use again and recommend to anyone! Thanks for all your help.

Thanks Craig, good luck with the reno!

Carlo in Mississauga
Carlo in Mississauga

Structural Engineering Review/inspection for Load Bearing Wall Removal

I hired YCL to perform a review and recommendation for the removal of a load bearing wall between my kitchen and dining room. Yu Ching was very polite, prompt and professional throughout the entire process. Even after he had provided his reports, he was still available for a quick call or email to clarify items or even propose alternates, which is great for those looking to budget their projects. I have consulted with a contractor who is very highly rated on HomeStars (RebuildThePlanet), whom also works close with Yu Ching, and together they form a very professional and worry-free service for consultation and construction. I am pleased to know that even the contractors can depend on Yu Ching for his expertise.

I would highly recommend hiring the YCL team for any engineering reviews/consultations to anyone looking to perform renovations and projects. I'm glad that I have peace of mind in my home and its construction, thanks in part to the expertise and professional services of YCL.

Review has 1 previous version

Thanks for this thorough review Carlo! You are in great hands with Rebuild The Planet :)

Kris
Kris

Structural engineering for rear addition

I hired YCL to handle the engineering component of an underpinning and rear addition project for my home. Yu Ching did a great job on my project. His pragmatic approach and depth of knowledge was invaluable. I was also very impressed that my trades (foundation and carpenter) knew Yu Ching and were very happy to be working with him. He has a great reputation and did a great job on my project. I highly recommend YCL to anyone looking for an engineer for their renovation project.

Thanks for the feedback regarding your trades being familiar with us!

Zach
Zach
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Toronto

Igor and his team completed an underpin on budget and in the allotted time he asked quoted. very reliable and would definitely recommend them for any water proofing or foundation work going forward.

Bruce in Toronto
Bruce in Toronto
1 review Saguenay, QC

Simple Inspection - Easy and Efficient

We required an engineer's inspection report for some work that a contractor performed. Yu Ching was professional and easy to deal with. He came when he said he would, and delivered the services in line with his estimate.

Thanks Bruce! You were equally as easy to work with!

Emilie Adams from Old Toronto
Emilie Adams from Old Toronto

Basement underpinning

We hired YCL to do the structural drawings for our basement underpinning project of our semi detached. Yu Ching provided the necessary drawings, applied for all the permits on our behalf and answered any questions we had along the way in a timely manner. His team always showed up on time for the inspections and they also had a great relationship with our contractor Tri-Colour Concrete. We would highly recommend YCL for their services as they were very knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. E.A

Thank you Emilie! You and Matthew were great to work with!

SF in NorthYork
SF in NorthYork

Assessment for Removal of a Load-Bearing Wall

We hired YCL Structural Designs to assess a load-bearing wall that we wanted to remove - after a poor experience with another structural engineer. Yu was extremely easy to work with. He had excellent communication skills. He was very clear in providing us different service options and associated fees.

The assessment and construction plan we received for our wall was clear and he laid out 2 options for wall removal and required supports.

We had several questions through the process and Yu was very open to explaining things further and was very patient. I wish all our contractors and tradespeople were as easy to work with as Yu. His price was fair and there were no added surprise fees.

Glad I was going to provide alternative options you two were happy with!

More about YCL Structural Designs

We are professional structural engineers located in Toronto, specializing in residential and solar structures. We have built a strong reputation for being accessible to our clients and providing quick turnaround times on our practical engineering designs.

We invite you to visit our website (www.YCLStructuralDesigns.ca) for more information.
Thank you!