Carlos Construction

Reviews for Carlos Construction

Sam in Toronto
Sam in Toronto

Basement apartment renovation

We were really impressed with Carlos.

To be frank, I haven't seen such a level of professionalism, hard work, attention to details and trustworthiness in pretty much anyone I've hired for anything.

This project was a complete gut of a 550 sqft basement apartment that had suffered some moisture damage in our 130 year old house. Carlos patiently took the time to look, discuss and quote various options to repair and restore the place. He took care to keep us involved with every important decision, monitored everything and achieved results we were really happy with. We've since worked with him again and found the same flawless professionalism.

Jenny in Toronto
Jenny in Toronto

Main floor gut job renovation

Carlos is kind of a unicorn - a Toronto contractor who is not only talented, trustworthy and reasonably priced, but also the kind of guy you wouldn't mind having over for a beer.

He was recommended to us by a friend after we fired our first (nightmare of a) contractor; feeling stressed and desperate, we called Carlos on a Friday and he was at our house by Saturday morning.

Within minutes of meeting Carlos, I knew we had found our guy. He was friendly, patient and thoughtful, suggesting creative solutions for problems we wanted to address and others we hadn't noticed or anticipated. One thing I really like about Carlos is his ability to think several steps ahead. For example, when we discussed the possibility of replacing our basement stairs, he asked us about our laundry machines - which, he pointed out, would get trapped inside the basement if we decided to narrow our staircase.

He gave us a (very reasonable) quote and started work just a few days later. Over the five-ish weeks that he spent on our house, Carlos and his crew were consistently respectful and pleasant to be around. I was impressed by how carefully they sealed off the rooms during the demolition process and how tidy and organized they were throughout. Even though Carlos was juggling multiple projects, he came by our house almost every day to ensure things were going smoothly and regularly checked in with me to ensure we were happy with how things were progressing.

Something I also came to appreciate about Carlos was his attention to detail. Our entryway has a small partition wall that was slightly crooked; Carlos noticed this, even though I did not, and took the initiative to fix it without charging me extra ("I just couldn't leave it like that," he told me). When we had our new window delivered, it had a small scratch on the glass - which, again, I didn't notice but Carlos did. He chased down the window company and made sure they replaced the pane.

After getting burned by our first contractor, it is such a relief to have found Carlos. He's earned our complete trust and we can't recommend him enough. Thanks so much, Carlos.

Kim from Toronto
Kim from Toronto

Basement apartment reno post-flood

Our basement apartment suffered enormous damage last winter when a water pipe burst and flooded for 6+ hours before it was discovered. The insurance co paid for most of the repair and offered to supply a contractor, but we chose Carlos based on the strong recommendation of a friend ("I trust him with my life. Everyone who has used him raves about him."). He is incredibly respectful, trustworthy, kind, diligent, multi-skilled, completes projects on time and within budget. Also very good rates. We are so happy with his work, his team and him. We will only use him for every future project and recommend him without reservation to everyone.

Caroline from Toronto
Caroline from Toronto

Basement renovation

Carlos and his team are the exception; they're professional, honest, thorough, and a genuine pleasure to have around. I've done major renos with other excellent contractors, but I still felt like I needed to be monitoring to make sure the job was done properly, and inevitably discovered little mistakes or problems after they left. And of course, even the best contractors end up taking longer or costing more than they said they would. Carlos, on the other hand, gets the job done on time and on budget, and his work is standing the test of time (and he stands by it long after he's left). The few times there were concerns, he was the first to bring them to my attention and resolve them, so I never had to worry. He also goes beyond just not cutting corners: I once mentioned to him that I was struggling to find a specific size of hood fan, and when I came home the next day, there it was.
I've passed his name on to friends and neighbours who've all had the same positive experiences and we all agree, we'll never use anyone else.

Mark B from Toronto
Mark B from Toronto

Garage renovation, Tuckpointing, Replace windows and trim, Replace garage floor

Carlos Silva combines strong personal integrity, a deep and thorough understanding of how buildings work, and incredibly high work standards to be THE ideal renovator. He always keeps his commitments, he is trustworthy and honest, and I would recommend his work to anyone.

Vanessa F from Toronto
Vanessa F from Toronto

Basement renovation

Carlos is amazing! He is always on time, he comes prepared, he offers incredibly fair estimates and actually sticks by them -- and will explain exactly why a particular task will cost X amount of dollars. He goes out of his way to make sure you're happy with the job and he works very fast but without cutting corners -- he makes sure he does the job right and that it will last. Our basement has remained dry through many storms since.

Rae from Toronto
Rae from Toronto

Bedroom, bathroom, basement, deck

Carlos is honest, reliable, and the sweetest man around. He does excellent work and his quotes are bang on. He returns even after being paid in full to correct any details that need tweaking. He is a gem. I recommend him highly and now don't bother to get quotes from anyone else.

Fern
Fern

Bathroom, bedroom, main floor renovation

Triple "A"review- Awesome experience, Awesome workmanship, Awesome person. Our renovation was painless,affordable, expertly constructed.Trades people were honest, reliable, true craftsmen, a pleasure to work with.Carlos is methodical, experienced and a first class gentleman. Carlos construction is the best- don't waste time shopping around!!

Samantha from Toronto
Samantha from Toronto

Basement renovation, general home maintenance work

I have used Carlos Construction for small jobs and for major renovations. Most recently, Carlos gutted and renovated my basement. I couldn't be happier with the finished product. Carlos guided me through the entire process and made it stress free. He and the people he works with are professional, punctual, and reliable. Carlos ensures that everything is done properly and never cuts corners. He is upfront with pricing and is very competitively priced. I would (and have) recommend him for any job- you will not be disappointed!

More about Carlos Construction

Carlos Construction for all your Interior and Exterior Renovations and General Carpentry needs. We do Basement Renovations, Kitchen Renovations and Bathroom Renovations. We specialize in General Carpentry. No job to big or small! We take care of roofs of all types including cedar shake, solid wood, fiberglass, fiber cement, steel ...