Kwality Home Services

Irfan in Toronto
Irfan in Toronto
1 review Milton, ON

Duct Cleaning .. avoid at all costs

I found this "company" on Kijiji who offered duct cleaning for $79.99 just as the other reviewer mentioned. Called him up. He started talking for 10 minutes about how duct cleaning is supposed to be done.

I told him I have two houses that need to be done and we set a time. Great. We show up at the first house, he was on time which was nice, but unfortunately there was a mixup with the keys and we lost about 10-15 minutes of our time while we sorted it out.

Great. On to the cleaning. We went into the basement to look at the furnance, with another 15 minute lecture on how the duct cleaning was done incorrectly and he has to cut two holes to do a proper cleaning. Fine. $25 for each hole. Fine. $12 for swapping out the filter. Fine. All of a sudden his $80 post turns into a $140 job for a brand new home built just a couple of months ago. It was also amazingly kind of him to walk upstairs on our brand new carpet in his muddy shoes. Thanks !!!

Before leaving, I asked if he could shove in a cheap $50 matrress in his truck as we didn't need it any more. He accepted and off we went to the second house.

Second house is an older and bigger house (which I already explained in the first phone call and he seemed to be fine with it). Show him the furnace and this is when he became rude and insulting my parents. He said we never cleaned this before, we obviously don't care about our health. Needless to say his price jumped from $80 to $250. When we obviously refused, he started name calling again, saying we are cheap and how he "knows how the women act, they go and shop in dollarama instead of spending in home depot". Very nice words!! Even after all of this, we were trying to negotiate a price with him and he was already packing his stuff and getting ready to leave.

Went to pay him for his first job, and now he's saying we owe him another $35 for "wasting his time". Unbelievable. I offered him an extra $20 and this is where he became his absolute best, he said don't pay him anything at all, and turned around and muttered "so stupid" while he was talking to my 65 year old mother.

He then ran into his truck, locked the doors and tried to drive away while I stood infront of his truck trying to pay him. He wasn't budging, doors locked, windows up. I knocked on his window multiple times while my mother stood infront of the truck and he finally opened a little slot in his window. I threw the money inside and off he went.

The absolute WORST experience in dealing with a company I've ever had. All this from a man who said we need to build trust with each other and that his name is Muhamad and he is an honest and courteous man. I'm sure an honest man like yourself Muhamad wouldn't be texting me the next day saying I didn't pay you the full amount and claiming that we just used you for a mattress delivery.

I would definitely not recommend this "company' to anybody. Buyer beware.

mcfaz from Toronto
mcfaz from Toronto

dry vent cleaning

based on the above add on kijiji. i called and make an appointment. for dry vent cleaning since there was bird nest in of the dry vent. when the guy come and saw the vent, he said he is going to charge me $80 each vent. i was getting late for work and try to show him the add as a proof on my cellphone. i was trying to find his add and he dint even listen and said if you take my time i will charge you $20 extra. since i was getting late and i came all the way from Toronto for tenanted property. i agreed on $120 plus $10 for putting a a flap cover/net on the vent which he had the extra used piece available and cut it according to the size. he just cleaned 2 vent on $130.

Ad ID 1058478696 Professional Duct Cleaning.
There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding Exhaust Fan and Dryer Vent Cleaning. Nowhere in our ad is there a mention of additional services in 79.99 dollars other than the following:

- Air pressure cleaning main/return line
- Free Sanitizing
- Free filter cleaning
- Free clean up of J panel
There is no dryer and Exhaust vent cleaning included in our ad.
After diagnosing, the nest and dead birds were actually in the bathroom exhaust vent, not in the Dryer Vent. So, the bathroom was closed off because it was extremely smelly.
The client thought that the Dryer and Exhaust vent cleaning were included in the Ad ID 1058478696 Professional Duct Cleaning
The Client showed a different ad instead of; Ad ID 1058478696 Professional Duct Cleaning, which does not include dryer and exhaust vent cleaning.
So I showed to the client hard copy of Ad ID 1058478696 Professional Duct Cleaning. So after, the client agreed to get both vents cleaned for $120 & bathroom flap/net for $20.

After the job finished the client needed more discount, so instead of $140 he paid $130 including the flap/net of bathroom and we didn’t take a flap/net fixing fee for dryer vent because the client was going to Home Depot to buy both flappers, even though, in the comments, he said he was getting late.
Both vents were extremely dirty and clogged and smelly. If you need more detail feel free to contact.