Cogan Contractors Inc.

Carpenters
Old strathcona Edmonton AB T6e2s2
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Edmonton  >  Cogan Contractors Inc.

Reviews for Cogan Contractors Inc.

Ruth in Edmonton
Ruth in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Complete basement renovation

My house is 50 years old and the basement had been partly finished. Cogan Contractors came in and removed the existing work and I now have a beautiful new basement. There is a large bathroom- with a large shower and a beautiful live edge countertop, a bedroom with a walk- in closet, a large finished laundry room with a large storage room and a large living room with refinished book shelves and cupboard. There is also a 6' live edge shelf for the TV. All the floors are done with vinyl planking with the laundry room being done with lino. All old cast iron pipes were removed and replaced and all new plumbing was done by

Eazy Peazy Plumbing. All old electrical was removed and redone by Jay-B Electric. Alan from Cogan Contractors arranged all the subcontractors which were all great. They were right on the original quote and the only additional costs were add ons that I requested. They were here in time every day, kept me informed every day and kept the work site cleaned at the end if every day. It was an excellent experience for me & I am delighted with the beautifully finished work. I also had flooring installed in three rooms upstairs and I love it.

John in Edmonton
John in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Basement Development

Very happy I hired this company to complete my basement. The project was completed on time and the overall finish was excellent. Highly recommend them for residential developments and construction.

Melanie in Edmonton
Melanie in Edmonton
0 reviews Edmonton, AB

Deck over unused in-ground pool

We strongly advise against hiring this company to complete any project as communication is strongly lacking and the professional manner the owner exhibits is almost on the line of harassing and bullying. We now feel unsafe in our house.

#1 – We had left specified drawings indicating our specifications on the job site as well as via email. At the end of day 1 of the project, we noticed that our drawings were not adhered to. Alan (director and owner) decided to do job differently because he thought it was better. At no time was this communicated to us. But, as the job was 1/2 done, we decided to let it go.

#2 - We asked at the onset if he accepted credit card for payment – he said he did. That was our determining factor on hiring this company as we had another company quote but they did not accept cc. After the job was almost complete, I heard from a previous client that the company does not accept credit cards. As surprised as we were to hear that, we then asked him if this was the case? Alan said he doesn’t take credit cards. We were shocked as this was why we chose this contractor to complete this job.

#3 – After stating there was no other way we could pay. He said there would be a 3% surcharge to use credit card. Again we were shocked as this was not mentioned at any time previous. As well, that 3% surcharge to use credit card is prohibited by MC and VISA. We mentioned this to Alan and he states we should pay for this service. We do not agree as it is prohibited.

#4 – Alan asked us to call him which we did because we had to clear this up and he started to yell at my husband and proceed to call husband names (very strong explicit names which I will not detail here). Alan quit the job (with the deck not 100% complete and the fence posts not touched) and finished the 'conversation' by yelling that he was going to sue me and lien my house. At that point, we no longer felt safe with that company on our property. We asked him to let us know what things he left on our property and we would leave them on the drive way.

#5 - We then asked for an invoice to be sent for work done so we could be done with this matter. After numerous harassing emails from Alan he finally sent an invoice for entire project. We will not pay for entire project as entire project was not completed. We asked him to send a revised invoice for work done so that we can pay. He has refused.

Update - Sadly as issues still unresolved, we decided to pay the full invoice for work not done in order to alleviate the amount of stress this situation has placed on us.

After this horrible experience, we will never go with a small time contractor/company again. After receiving multiple harassing emails from owner, this has left us feeling unsafe in our own house, vulnerable and appalled that a professional would treat his customers like this.

More about Cogan Contractors Inc.

We do not utilize this website for our marketing purposes.