B Higgins Contracting

Reviews for B Higgins Contracting

iwoodconstruction.ca
iwoodconstruction.ca

excavation and backfilling

the communication to start was great ,but once they got busy it felled trough , to get the backfill job happening to accommodate other trades never happened , I had to do it myself , and no communication back after texting and calls , good guys just to busy to realize that many is not everything , but commitment to what you promise makes business go around ,
with my experience I will not use them again
but they did good job on excavating 85%
thanks

Franco from Oakville
Franco from Oakville

Excavation of backyard

Brent and his crew excavated a large section of my backyard. He also delivered and moved a truckload of gravel to a specific area of my yard. He and his team were prompt, professional, courteous and very responsive. His fees were reasonable and the work was executed with precision and efficiency. I would highly recommend him!

Patricia in Saint Catharines
Patricia in Saint Catharines

Excavation & Footings installed

I had the yard in front of the house excavated and footings installed for a new roof and porch reno. Brent did a good job on a timely basis. I would definitely use his company again. Knowledgeable and timely. Always returned calls, texts and emails on a timely basis too.

Thanks Patricia, it was a pleasure working for you. If anything comes up where you need our services again throughout your reno project please do not hesitate to call!

Stacey Dunn in Burlington
Stacey Dunn in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Basement Weatherproofing

B Higgins Contracting was our number one pick after meeting with five different foundation repair and weather proofing experts. He was prompt to the initial meetings ( we met him twice) and was happy to review each step with various budget parameters and choices based on our budget. He was the only contractor that gave it to us "straight up" and helped us to decide on our overall project plan to repair two walls, outside foundation work and mason repair. We appreciated Brent's professionalism and great customer service. He did not try to up sell, as the others did. What could have been a $30,000 job turned into a $6000 job after much deliberation and review with Brent. That sold us!
He was early each day, very tidy ( put down boards to support the Bob cats to ensure our grass was not compromised), worked 2 days with minimal breaks and even drove my husband to pick up some items from Home Depot in his truck that would not fit in our SUV.
We would highly recommend Brent and his team to anyone looking for outside foundation repair and weatherproofing.

It was a pleasure working for you guys! Need anything else We are one call away

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Waterproofing

Having received two earlier quotes, I deemed B. Higgins Contracting the most competent to complete the work, not because they came in cheapest - they didn't, but because of their professionalism and attention to detail.
I received a fair, competitive quote; the work was completed as per the detailed quotation; in a timely manner and the area was restored to its original state. I am happy to recommend them.

Thanks again, great client to work for!

Charlene in Mississauga
Charlene in Mississauga

Backyard Concrete Removal/Demolition

We were ready to do some landscaping work in our backyard but before we could begin, we needed to have a ton of concrete removed. Having been through 6 months of renovations this past year, we've experienced the good, bad, and the ugly and so with our lessons learned, we approached this project with caution. We searched for several demolition companies and fired out a quote request to 10 of them and ended up hiring Brent from B Higgins Contracting for the following reasons:

1. He was the first to respond out of 4, even on Thanksgiving weekend. (The rest of the 6 didn't even bother responding.)
2. He was the first to show up to visit the site and turned a quote around within 3 hours of the visit.
3. He came in with a fair, competitive quote.
4. He is always an email away and is extremely responsive. (If you've ever worked with contractors you can never get a hold of, you would know how important responsiveness is!)

We are writing this review for all the reasons above AND ultimately because the job was very well done. The concrete was thoroughly removed and the job site is spick and span. The experience was completely painless and it was a true pleasure working with Brent. Highly recommended.

Chris & Charlene

Great clients to work for! Anything else we can help you with in the near future please don't hesitate to contact us!

Blaz in Oakville
Blaz in Oakville

Exterior waterproofing

The workers including the owner are very professional and safety minded. They take their work seriously and they take steps to protect your neighbours and your property. Left job very clean.

Thanks Blaz, we try and be as safe as we can in all types of working conditions. Great client to work for, who also does amazing reno work!

Laura in Burlington
Laura in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Excavate and Waterproof basement

I hired Brent at B Higgins contracting to fix my leaking basement. Brent and his team excavated down to the footing to replaced the old weeping, fix the cracks and applied the new waterproofing membrane and board as well as added 3 window wells. They did a great job! Everyone on the crew was polite and hard working. Brent went out of his way to make sure my tenant and also my dog could still access the area safely and put up temporary fences each day to keep the dog in. They also finished the job a day sooner than planned! I highly recommend hiring him! Great job!

Jon in Oakville
Jon in Oakville
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Excavation and Demolition

We hired Brent from B Higgins Contracting to provide excavation and demolition services for our custom home project. They came in with a very fair price and did a fantastic job, not to mention they finished right on schedule. The crew members were very polite and hardworking and the job site was left immaculate at the end of each day. I would not hesitate to recommend B Higgins Contracting to family and friends.

Thanks Jon, was a pleasure working for you. We try to keep our sites as clean as possible and meet and exceed customer expectations!

More about B Higgins Contracting

B HIGGINS CONTRACTING is a general contracting company that specializes but is not limited to Waterproofing, Excavation and Demolition. We provide our clients with great service, hard work, quality results and fair pricing all in a timely and cost efficient manner. We also put a 20 YEAR Guarantee in writing on most of our Waterproofing work!!

Services:Waterproofing, Excavation, Demolition, Retaining walls, Land and Lot clearing