COLZ ELECTRIC

HomeStars  >  Electricians in Calgary  >  COLZ ELECTRIC

Reviews for COLZ ELECTRIC

Rodney in Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Woke up at 5am to head to the office early. no hot water.... called at 645am had a guy at my house by 9am. Boiler was fixed and i had a hot shower.. i was back in the office by 1030am. great job guys. thanks.

Oh this was Dec22 also..

I had Colz Electric come in during a kitchen renovation. They updated the wiring and the panel for me. Chris and Derek were professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and quick.
They did a great job and were in and out in no time. Loved the service!!

Gianmarco in

Chris and the team came to move and swap a commercial panel for our liquor store, they did a stellar job! I couldn't be happier with there performance! keep on doing great work!

Thanks,

Michael

Hey Michael

Was great working for you guys. Thanks for the time to write a review.

Cindy

Chris Coles snd his crew of electricians with COLZ ELECTRIC were Lifesavers for our kitchen renovation project.
Chris came to our rescue on extremely short notice when we were left stranded by a previous electrician. Because of his willingness to squeeze us in, we were able to keep our project and other trades people on schedule.
Chris and crew did a great job of fixing and finishing up electrical work that was already started and that needed to be completed.
They were respectful, patient and very efficient to work with. Chris gave us a credit for labour from the previous electrician which we were not expecting but are very grateful for.
I have recommended COLZ ELECTRIC to my family and friends.
It is my pleasure to write this review and recommend
COLZ ELECTRIC for homestars.com.

Hey Cindy thanks for the review. Glad to hear, glad to have kept you on schedule. Thanks allot for the clear email notifications on scheduling was very helpful. I'll let the team know. Thanks again for choosing COLZ ELECTRIC

Bill from Calgary

I called Chris regarding a section of my house that had lost power.
The problem was fixed on time and on budget. Derek was very professional and efficient. I will definitely be calling Colz in the future.

Hey Bill. Glad to hear thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Our firm needed a few data lines ran in short order. Chris came same day when we called, provided a quote and the work was done within 2 days at a reasonable price. Amazing service.

Hey. Thanks allot for the review. Staff was very friendly and easy to work with. Thanks again for choosing COLZ ELECTRIC

Devon in Calgary

I recently had Colz electric run a full service to my garage. Their quote was on par and if not better than all other quotes I received. The crew was professional and knowledgeable. I'm very happy with the cost and the service provided.

Hey Devon
Thanks allot for the review. Making the customer happy is the best reward for us. Enjoy your nice new garage ?

Fabio in Calgary

Chris was very professional, friendly, and most of all confident and reassuring in his job replacing a sensor light for the back yard. A real classy man you can trust. Thanks again Chris!!

Hey Fabio. Thanks for calling us was nice to meet you

Broderick in Calgary

I called Chris at colz electric with an electrical problem. After I explained my situation he came immediately and fixed it. Reasonable priced and an honest guy. I would recommend this company for sure.

Hey Broderick. Thanks for the review and recommending us

KLYYC in San Francisco

I hired Colz Electic in October 2016 to bury the overhead wires (from the service pole to my house) and wire a new garage that was being built in my backyard. The garage was completed mostly smoothly however when it was discovered that he buried only 1 of the 4 overhead lines, trying to get the remaining lines buried became a nightmare. When the error was discovered (Nov 2016) Chris assured me he would ‘make it right’ and get the remaining lines buried. However, by then the ground was frozen and he asked if it was ok to come back in the spring (April 2017) to complete the work. When it came time to actually follow through with his commitment it became a fight.

Chris mentioned he would be out of pocket for costs as he hadn’t quoted all of the lines in his estimate. I was repeatedly referred back to our agreement which simply stated “bury overhead cables”. Although neither Chris nor I could identify a situation where a person would tear up an entire backyard to bury only one of four overhead lines, I decided to accept some responsibility for the ambiguity in the contract and take it as a lesson learned (don’t assume any logic will be applied) and agreed to pay for the additional materials. In the end, I even re-dug the entire trench in an effort to make it easy for him to complete the job as he had told me the trenching was a time consuming and generally unpleasant task. I can confirm that this is true, it’s terribly unpleasant.

Scheduling with Chris was consistently frustrating and it took multiple emails/calls/visits over a span of 4 weeks to coordinate. In our final conversation trying to schedule the remaining work, Chris was uncomfortably aggressive and untruthful (although he later apologized for this). Ultimately, the work was not completed until May 2017 when I hired another electrician to do it.

In short, I found when things went well Chris was fine. Unfortunately if there is any chance of a problem arising, he is not pleasant or effective to deal with. Would not recommend and certainly would never hire again.

More about COLZ ELECTRIC

Colz Electric provides a full array of residential and commercial electrical services in Calgary and the surrounding areas. We are ready to come out to your home, or business for regular services or urgent after-hour electrical needs.
We ensure all electrical service and equipment and material used will be up to code and regulations. Our strength is our passion to provide honest quality work to our customers.