Reliable Locksmith

Farrah from Kitchener
Farrah from Kitchener
4 reviews Kitchener, ON

Lock drilling

This company has no integrity and is completely unskilled. While I was overseas, my neighbours called this company to help my tenants get into the basement apartment they were accidentally locked out of. The man was here for 2 hours and drilled through the deadbolt AND doorknob of my front door. Instead of picking the lock properly, he completely ruined the deadbolt and doorknob. The worst part is that he was not successful in unlocking the door! So my tenants had to pay him (I reimbursed them) and stay with the neighbours anyway.

In addition to having to pay for Reliable Locksmith for damaging my lock and door, I had to pay for a new doorknob and lock, and waste time replacing it.

When I called the company to ask for a receipt, they said they would email it to me. I called the next day to say that I had not received the receipt yet, thinking there might have been a typo in the email address. Instead the receptionist told me that she couldn't send it because we (my tenants) had paid in cash and the price didn't include tax. So she had simply ignored my request and had not even bothered to send an email to inform me of this.

By this point I was very frustrated and told the receptionist that we paid for work that wasn't even successful; basically I paid $50 for a man to ruin my door without helping my tenants. I asked for the $50 back. This caused her to quickly backtrack and say "okay, we'll send you a receipt."

She did email me a receipt then, with almost every bit of information on it wrong. The address, the postal code, and even my name were spelled wrong or had typos. I requested this receipt for tax claiming purposes so the information had to be correct. I emailed her back immediately pointing out and the mistakes and asking for her to make the changes. I never received a reply!

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. They are completely unprofessional and definitely not reliable.

I would also like to note that this company operates under several names on its website; basically they use the names of cities in and around the GTA to attract hits - "Waterloo Locksmith," "Chatham Locksmith," and "Toronto Locksmith" for example. Their website looks like it has a lot of links but they all direct back the the same page, with a different title.

rafi katz from Toronto
rafi katz from Toronto
1 review North York, ON

Fixing Old Lock

I was very impressed with the professional service by Reliable Locksmith. Technician arrived at my place exactly 30 min after I placed the call and fixed my old lock in no time.
Job Well Done!
Thank You Reliable Locksmith!!!

We are pleased to her that your lock is now working perfectly and that you are happy with the over all service that you received by us. Thank you very much we really appreciate your feed back.

kasia from Toronto
kasia from Toronto

change of lock

I had broken my key in my entrance door. Unable to enter my house,I was in a panic. I called Reliable Locksmith - the person on the phone was very helpful and polite. He informed me he would have the locksmith arrive as soon as possible. Long story short, I was in my house within one hour! Such professionals

Rhonda Scaiano from Toronto
Rhonda Scaiano from Toronto
2 reviews Scarborough, ON

Changing locks

The lock that we had bought at Home Depot became finicky and then finally broke. I was locked out of my house even though I had a key. Reliable Locksmith came within an hour. He drilled out the lock and replaced it with a much better quality one. I definitely recommend them.

Alexis from Toronto
Alexis from Toronto
2 reviews North York, ON

Locked out of my home

Last night I got locked out of my house, it was 2am- i called 6 different companies who claimed the could not help me or i will have to wait for the morning. Thankfully, my friend recommended i called Reliable Locksmith- not only did they help me out, the technician arrived within 20 min as per the ETA i got over the phone, and it was far more affordable than any other company I called. The technician was very pleasant and made my night much better. I would defiantly recommend Reliable locksmith to anyone!! Thank you Reliable locksmith.

David Levangie from Toronto
David Levangie from Toronto

Locksmith, Re-key locks

I just purchased a home and needed to have the locks re-keyed. I called on short notice and Yani was dispatched within an hour to assist. He was very knowledgeable and professional and completed the 3 lock re-keying quickly. All three keys work in the lock as smooth as butter. I would highly recommend Yani!

Looking for Locks & Locksmiths pros in Toronto?