Green Works Contracting Inc.

Landscape Contractors & Designers
2680 Overton Drive Ottawa ON K1G 6T8
HomeStars  >  Landscape Contractors & Designers in Ottawa  >  Green Works Contracting Inc.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Green Works Contracting Inc.

Redkestrel in Ottawa
1 review , ON

I contacted Green Works to have my front and backyard completely overhauled. I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and design work, and relieved to find that the attention to detail they have is the same as mine. My front yard needed a new lane way, resodding, downspouts fixed, and a new walkway. My backyard was in dire need of a new set of stairs, and a new patio design to incorporate a small garden.

The workers were pleasant, professional, and able to answer any questions I had. They were efficient, and cleaned up after they were done each day.

The work was so well executed that several of my neighbours also contracted them.

I would highly recommend Green Works to anyone (and have). It's comforting knowing there are still companies out there that take pride in their work.

Job Price

Thank you! We really appreciate the great review.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Spectacular design. Unwavering professionalism. Superior quality. After completing both the back and front yard renovations with Green Works Contracting Inc. (GWC), we are absolutely pleased and extremely impressed with the service and quality of work they provided us with. We originally hired GWC to redo our backyard as the landscaping was in dire need of help, with overgrown and un-kept vegetation, rotted tree stumps, poor water drainage and, above all, zero liveable outdoor space. With time, persistence and patience, Kellaway navigated through our wish list, created a beautiful vision and made it become a reality. Kellaway worked with us to prioritize our needs and create a realistic budget. We appreciated his quick turn-around on the latest design proposals that always included an upfront detailed cost breakdown. Sure, there was a little apprehension on some of the design ideas such as the colour of the pavers or paying what seemed to be a lot of money just to cover your original back patio step with veneers… but Kellaway’s design was always proven to be the right choice. After seeing the new backyard patio we soon increased our scope of work to the front yard patio, lawn and driveway and we were very pleased with how quickly GWC made it happen. The crews for the hardscaping and the sodding were exceptionally hard-working, always positive and represented their company very well. They were equipped with the right tools and knowledge to get the job done, and they welcomed every question we had along the way. Our exterior is now one masterpiece that we are truly proud of, as it reflects who we are and provides us with peace of mind. We trust GWC and highly recommend their services to anyone who wants to get their jobs done right, fast, and with satisfaction guaranteed.

Job Price
Caroline in Ottawa
14 reviews Ottawa, ON

I hired Green Works primarily to fix the grading around my house and in the backyard. I've lived here for three years but the house is 37 years old and it didn't look like the grading had ever been maintained. All the ground, including that under my deck, was draining towards my home. I contracted Green Works to fix the grading around my house, in the backyard and under the deck; to install a new interlock pathway and some river rock; to install pop-up drains from all the downspouts; and to lay new sod in the backyard.

From beginning to end, all went smoothly. Kellaway arrived at the scheduled time to look at what I wanted done and I received a very detailed estimate via email in a timely manner. I decided to go with Green Works and was given an estimated start date. They were two days late starting due to torrential rains which was understandable and out of their control. What I did appreciate a lot was that I was regularly kept informed by Kellaway as to the status of the start.

The crews who did the work were some of the hardest-working contractors I've ever seen. They arrived before 7:30 AM every day and didn't leave until between 5:30 and 6:00 PM. They were unfailingly polite and respectful of my property. All the work was done without disturbing any of the established plants in my back garden.

The first crew did the major grading of the backyard, took apart my deck and graded under it by hand, installed pop-up drains from the downspouts, and laid the interlock. When they were digging the foundation for my interlock (17"!), they came upon a very large section of boggy soil. They could have just ignored it and gone ahead and done the interlock. I would never have known until a few years down the road when the interlock started to sink in spots. They took the time to show me what they'd found, explain what would happen if it weren't fixed and to tell me how they could fix it. Fixing it put them quite a few hours behind schedule but doing the job right was obviously of utmost importance.

After the interlock was done, another crew arrived to do the final grading along the sides of the house and to install the new sod and river rock. The sod order was put in after they arrived at my house so it was cut and delivered fresh. New topsoil was installed, starter fertilizer put down and some seed was spread before the sod was laid. All of this was done to ensure a thick, healthy lawn. I'd wanted my garden beds left a little bigger and they were very helpful in determining a nice shape.

I was also impressed with how careful the crews were with all their trucks and machinery so as not to block neighbours' driveways or park for long periods of time in non-parking zones. There have been a lot of paving and landscaping contractors on my road this year and not all companies were as considerate as Green Works! After the job was finished, they cleaned up very well around my property and on the road.

The whole job was done in 4 days and looks wonderful! I would not hesitate to hire Green Works again for any future landscaping work.