Avenue Road Masonry

Best of 2021 winner 9 timesBest of 2021winner 9 times
Giving Back Award winnerGiving Back Awardwinner

Reviews for Avenue Road Masonry

Avenue Road Masonry

Avenue Road Masonry is a very professional, honest and friendly company. We used the company to do several jobs over the course of several days. The results are wonderful.

We live in an Edwardian semi-detached and, in conjunction with our neighbour, had a shared non-functional chimney repaired. Fourteen courses of bricks were removed, several bricks were replaced in the chimney that remained, and venting and a new cap were installed. The chimney, which looked like one more storm would keel it over, is now extremely sturdy and handsome. It is a beautiful feature of our 3rd floor deck.

Another mutual house project was the repair of the base of a shared porch pillar. Bricks in some of the bottom courses were badly crumbled. These, as well as a few below grade, were replaced and the 4 above grade courses were parged all around the pillar (even under the porch!) to protect the pillar for years to come.

Lastly, our own front porch pillar was in a horrible state as it is in a location which is lashed by inclement weather in winter and spring. It required 22 bricks replaced, complete 360 degree tuck-pointing and a bottom parging which again went under the porch. It looks like a million bucks.

Greg and Dan (the masons) worked with care. They are skilful and meticulous. We were concerned that the repairs would stick out like a sore thumb against our old bricks. Bricks removed from the chimney were used for the front pillars as well as old bricks from the company’s yard. For each of the three projects, mortar was stained differently to match the old remaining mortar. Tuck pointing was very neat and the parging very smooth with sharp corners. Greg and Dan were always punctual, stayed later than usual to finish steps in the projects, always tidied up well and were easy and pleasant to speak with.

The owner and project manager of Avenue Road Masonry are also to be commended. Chris, the owner, was our initial contact. He addressed all of our concerns (and technical questions) about the various projects in a direct and knowledgable manner and emailed photos of pillar parging which we, at first, were not entirely keen about. His quote was fair. We had interviewed 2 other companies but felt most comfortable with his approach and price. Rob, the project manager, viewed the work in progress several times and touched base with us to make sure we were happy with developments. He kept us abreast daily about weather conditions and work stoppage (as it was spring, there were a couple of inclement days with no work). He took good care of us.

Needless to say, we are delighted with the completed projects and our very positive experience with Avenue Road Masonry from start to finish. It is a good feeling not only to have work on one’s home done well but also to have that work done by people who one likes. Thanks Avenue Road Masonry for a terrific experience.

WOW!!! Thank you so much for this, I was a pleasure dealing your you. I had a chance to review the work and it does look great! Thank you for choosing us for your project!

Diane Meyer from Mississauga
Diane Meyer from Mississauga

Excellent Customer Service

Too notch customer service. They contacted me at each stage and made sure I was happy with the job. They poured a slab and it was not exactly what I wanted and they fixed it. They made sure I was happy with it. Plus they have reasonable prices.

Thank you Diane we are not perfect but we do strive to do better and will always make it right in the end!

Front step repair

Winter salt takes its toll on the stones and mortar, but the pros at Avenue Masonry do a thorough inspection and a long-lasting repair. As with their roofing work, the on-site cleanup, daily and at the end of the job, is superb. Office support by phone is great, too

Thank you!

Chris

Brick, mortar and parging repairs to home

Robert, the job project manager, and Dan and Greg the 2 men who did the work, were wonderful to work with. Friendly, helpful, on time and hard-working. They cleaned up after their work very well and the quality of their work was outstanding. I would recommend them to anybody who needs masonry work done.

Thank you for the review!!

Tracey Hamilton
Tracey Hamilton

Repairing patio (Concrete/Parging/Tuckpointing)

From start the finish, these guys are A++++

I initially chose Avenue Road Masonry because of their excellent reviews here on Homestars & I was not disappointed.
After contacting the company, Chris came to my home and provided a detailed estimate of the work that I wanted done. He answered all of my questions & also suggested a few minor repairs (tuckpointing) to the bricks of our aging home.

On the day of the repair, Robert, who was in charge of overseeing the project, checked in several times & kept me updated on its progress.
The workmen were on time, did a fantastic job & thoroughly cleaned up before leaving. They made a point of showing me the finished project to make sure I was happy with what they had done. Robert even called the next day to confirm that I was happy with their work.
This is what I call great customer service! These guys obviously take pride in their work & it shows.
If & when I need masonry services again, I will not hesitate to use this company & I highly recommend them to anyone else in need of the same services.
Quality work at a reasonable price & Excellent customer service...what’s not to like.

Many thanks Tracey glad your happy with the work and your experience with us met your expectations!

Cale
Cale

Basement parge + tuck pointing

Excellent job by Mark and Leeroy from Avenue Road Masonry. They parged the side wall and did some tuck pointing for us. The crew was professional, courteous and on-time. The craftsmanship was 10/10. I’m very pleased with the outcome. Highly recommended.

Thank you Cale!

Zeny
Zeny
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Rebuild two chimneys

It's my first review here on Homestars.com and I'm happy to post how this site helped me find the right company to rebuild our two chimneys. Quite a few brick pieces missing and concerned that another wind storm will bring these chimneys down. I requested a quote online through Homestars.com and Avenue Road Masonry immediately responded. They sent Sean to check out the chimneys and emailed me the quote. Hired them and honestly didn't bother to check around for other companies. I was impressed with all the positive feedbacks received from several homeowners. Robert coordinated the work and sent Altin with his crews yesterday. These guys are very experienced and finished it. Bricks look like the original considering our house is over 45 years old. We're very happy with their work. We hired the right people!

Thank you Zeny!
We are glad your first experience with HomeStars and Avenue Road Masonry met your expectations and look forward to working with you in the future for all your masonry needs!

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Exterior brick mortar repair

The estimate visit and process was very professional. The work crew were great. Very happy and satisfied with the repairs to my house brick mortar.

Would highly recommend Avenue Road Masonry to others and definitely use them again.

Thx!

Thank you!

John from Richmond Hill
John from Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Chimney Repair

We recently had a leak in our roof. When an inspector investigated the issue it was related to a toilet vent, but more importantly the furnace/fireplace chimney was in need of significant repair. Avenue Road responded within 24 hours and repaired the chimney and sealed the leak on the toilet vent. Staff was professional and efficient.

Thanks John!

Glad we could help and rush your repairs in.

More about Avenue Road Masonry

Toronto’s masonry professionals

GTA homeowners, property managers, and commercial building clients have come to rely on Avenue Road Masonry to provide the same professional standards of service and quality, that Avenue Road Roofing has provided for almost four decades.

Avenue Road Masonry is a professional Toronto brick masonry company that provides a variety of services involving brick repairs, replacements and installations.

Experienced and highly referenced; Avenue Road Masonry provides their clients the advantages of proven quality installation standards, full safety compliance and certifications, and competence with regard to chimney rebuilding, tuck-pointing, foundation waterproofing and heritage brick restoration; including stone work and fireplace construction and re-facing. Additional customer benefits include the ability to finance their projects, and coordinate with regard to other Avenue Road exterior services; providing single source responsibility.

Our Services Include:
*Chimney Repair: Brick Replacements, Tuckpointing, Mortar Scrapping, Brick Repairs, Mortar Repair, Mortar Removal Service, Brick Installation
*Fireplaces: Fireplace Installations, Brick Fireplaces

Masonry & Bricklaying, Waterproofing, Tuck Pointing, Chimney Build & Repair, Concrete Contractors, and Historical Restoration
Chimney Repair: Brick Replacements, Tuckpointing, Mortar Scrapping, Brick Repairs, Mortar Repair, Mortar Removal Service, Brick Installation *Concrete Services: Concrete Patios, Block Masonry, Home Concrete Features, Concrete Masonry, Concrete Retaining Walls, Stone Walks, Decorative Walls *Parging: Stone Parging, Brick Parging, Stone-Wall Parging, Mortar Cleaning, Concrete Parging *Waterproofing: Residential, Commercial, Basement, Foundation, Roof Waterproofing, Water0Resistant Seals, Concrete Sealing *Brick Repairs: Pathway Brick Replacements, Brick Wall Repairs, Masonry Stove Repairs *Brick Window Sills: Concaved Joint, Raked Joint, Weathered Joint, Struck Joint, V Joint, Grapeview Joint, Flushed Joint, Extruded Joint *Natural Stone Masonry: Stone Walkways, Stone Patios, Stone Retaining Walls, Decorative Walls *Fireplaces: Fireplace Installations, Brick Fireplaces *Structural Masonry: Structure Walls, Masonry Stoves, Brick Homes, Pathways, Brick Businesses, Walkways, Masonry Stoves