Masonry & Bricklaying
45 Wingold Ave Toronto ON M6B 1P8
HomeStars  >  Masonry & Bricklaying in Toronto  >  Avenue Road Masonry

Reviews for Avenue Road Masonry

Matt in Toronto

Called Avenue Road Masonry based on other reviews on Homestars and was not disappointed with my decision. Setting up a date/time for a quote was simple and easy and work was able to be done just a few days after. Very informative discussion and did not feel pressured to do any work outside of what was needed. Company was on-time, efficient, clean, and responsive. Even a follow up call the day after ensuring I was satisfied with the work was a pleasant surprise. If I ever need future masonry work on my home, I would call Avenue Road Masonry again and would recommend to others.

Hi Matt. Thank you for choosing us for your project. We are happy to hear everything is satisfactory. We look forward to working for you again in the future should the need arise.
Avenue Road Masonry

Excellent communication with me re: quote, date and time of work, completion of work. The work was well done. Pictures before and after we’re very reassuring. Thank you very much

You are most welcome. Thank you for selecting our company for your project!

N. Burgess in Saint Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Chris came out to give me an estimate, making sure to tell me to get at least 2 other quotes--he was very clear & straightforward about explaining what his team would do. When I decided to go with Avenue Road, the amount quoted was firm, the work team came when they said they would (with a check-in call before). The finished work was done well, but the measurements were off and it needed to be redone. Chris agreed & organized that, which meant breaking up the whole step all over & reforming & repouring the concrete. He personally made sure that I was happy with the end result (Moïse & his team checked with me as well), and there was no extra charge to me. I have a great deal of respect for Chris & for the way the situation was handled, and heartily recommend Avenue Road Masonry to my friends & anyone who asks.

Thank you for the great review and for choosing our company for you masonry project. It was a pleasure to meet and work for you. I'm glad that your happy with the end result and look forward to providing you with excellent service if you ever need us in the future!

Chris

Ash in Toronto

I have used Avenue Road Masonry a couple times and what a wonderful experience it was to hire you guys. You guys did an awesome job thank you so much for making everything so easy to work with. I appreciate your hard work and great customer service.

Your welcome! Thank you for your continued business

David Lee from Toronto

Chris came to have a look at my house and quoted me $3K for tuckpointing work based on scanning the wall at eye level. The workers came and did the entire job in 2 hours with little to no work done at eye level. After I raised questions that $3K for 2 hours of work seemed excessive based on his eye-level estimation, Chris lowered the cost to $2K. That was fair and I appreciate that. However, I had to mark off areas at eye level the workers missed and when they claimed they double checked the entire wall, I challenged this and the workers admitted they did not check the wall and had to return to do so. I still don't understand how I was quoted for a job based on an estimation at eye-level but when the time came for the work to be completed I was told there was nothing that needed to be done there. Even $2K for this work (2 hours) seems very expensive to me, not to mention that the workers were dishonest about double checking the wall. Based on this experience, I cannot recommend the company.

David, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is always to provide exceptional work and have satisfied customers.
Thank you for choosing us for your project, your feedback is important to us, as we continue to grow.
Chris

We have used Avenue Road Roofing in the past and were very pleased with their work. Recently we had a water problem in our finished basement. We were extremely pleased with the work of Avenue Road Masonry on this project. We greatly appreciated that they scheduled our job quickly so it would be completed before our new tenants moved in at the end of the month. Robert kept us informed at all points during the work. The crew was very pleasant, very careful to protect the garden, and did an excellent job of the cleanup.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are very happy to hear everything was satisfactory.

Adrienne D

Impeccable work and impeccable customer service! We've dealt with a lot of companies and individuals while making our way through all the work needed on our home and we know that this is an extremely rare combination. Avenue Road Masonry gets our highest recommendation! Robert G.was a pleasure to deal with, and he went way above and beyond to deliver. Our 100+ year old home needed some tuckpointing very high up on the house and Robert painstakingly filled every gap with custom-mixed mortar so the repairs are not even visible. The quote was fair, scheduling was convenient, the work was fantastic, the whole process was totally smooth and Robert's expertise, pride of craftsmanship and dedication were evident every step of the way. He was even gracious enough to teach us all about masonry and concrete work, fill some gaps between concrete blocks in a storage area on the other side of the house, and leave us with supplies to address any further issues with the concrete blocks.

Hello Adrienne, thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear everything was satisfactory. We will definitely forward the praise to Rob.

Susan

The service was impeccable:
- They called back when they said they would.
- They showed up on time to give us a quote.
- They showed up at the stated time to do the
work.
- The workers were very knowledgeable and professional.
A to Robert Grantham for following up with us throughout both jobs.

Thank you Susan! we are happy to hear everything was satisfactory. This is our number 1 goal. Thank you for the review.

Dan

Avenue Road Masonry rebuilt our chimney this summer. They came out to our house and provided a very good quote - other companies we spoke with either provided a quote based on Google Street images or not at all. The competing quotes we received were significantly higher than Avenue Road's (which made me think they didn't really want the job).

The job itself was impeccable and done in a day. Avenue Road cleaned up before they left. I highly recommend them for chimney work.

Thank you Dan for reaching out to us and choosing us for your project.
Your recommendation mean a lot to us.
Avenue Road Masonry

I had Chris come and give me a quote to shorten my chimney and cap it off, fix my garage pillar and repair some of the cracks of the outside walls of the house. His price was reasonable. His men came, did the work and cleaned up after themselves. There was a small area missed and they promptly return to fix it. I am very happy with the work done and would hightly recommend Avenue Road Masonry to anyone.

Hello, we appreciate the review and are happy to know the job was satisfactory.
Thank you for your business.

More about Avenue Road Masonry

Toronto’s masonry professionals

GTA homeowners, property managers, and commercial building clients have come to rely on Avenue Road Masonry to provide the same professional standards of service and quality, that Avenue Road Roofing has provided for almost four decades.

Avenue Road Masonry is a professional Toronto brick masonry company that provides a variety of services involving brick repairs, replacements and installations.

Experienced and highly referenced; Avenue Road Masonry provides their clients the advantages of proven quality installation standards, full safety compliance and certifications, and competence with regard to chimney rebuilding, tuck-pointing, foundation waterproofing and heritage brick restoration; including stone work and fireplace construction and re-facing. Additional customer benefits include the ability to finance their projects, and coordinate with regard to other Avenue Road exterior services; providing single source responsibility.

Our Services Include:
*Chimney Repair: Brick Replacements, Tuckpointing, Mortar Scrapping, Brick Repairs, Mortar Repair, Mortar Removal Service, Brick Installation
*Fireplaces: Fireplace Installations, Brick Fireplaces

Masonry & Bricklaying, Waterproofing, Chimney Build & Repair, Concrete Contractors, Tuck Pointing, and Historical Restoration
Chimney Repair: Brick Replacements, Tuckpointing, Mortar Scrapping, Brick Repairs, Mortar Repair, Mortar Removal Service, Brick Installation *Concrete Services: Concrete Patios, Block Masonry, Home Concrete Features, Concrete Masonry, Concrete Retaining Walls, Stone Walks, Decorative Walls *Parging: Stone Parging, Brick Parging, Stone-Wall Parging, Mortar Cleaning, Concrete Parging *Waterproofing: Residential, Commercial, Basement, Foundation, Roof Waterproofing, Water0Resistant Seals, Concrete Sealing *Brick Repairs: Pathway Brick Replacements, Brick Wall Repairs, Masonry Stove Repairs *Brick Window Sills: Concaved Joint, Raked Joint, Weathered Joint, Struck Joint, V Joint, Grapeview Joint, Flushed Joint, Extruded Joint *Natural Stone Masonry: Stone Walkways, Stone Patios, Stone Retaining Walls, Decorative Walls *Fireplaces: Fireplace Installations, Brick Fireplaces *Structural Masonry: Structure Walls, Masonry Stoves, Brick Homes, Pathways, Brick Businesses, Walkways, Masonry Stoves