733,710-20 Crowfoot Cresent NW Calgary AB T3G 2P6
Valley View Appliances Ltd.

Reviews for Valley View Appliances Ltd.

Taylor from Calgary
Taylor from Calgary

Washing machine diagnosis

Based on the reply from Steve, I have edited this review. I originally posted it with some degree of anger and that is never a wise thing. Steve's response is so reasonable that I cannot argue with it. I will not seek any reduced fee as Valley View Appliances did exactly what they promised and what I asked for. I don't want to compromise their ratings on HomeStars. Thank you Steve for your integrity. Following is my original review.
I sent in a request hoping to hear back from someone who knew something about washing machines. Unfortunately the person who called back knew very little and would not pursue the conversation on the phone. I clearly explained that the washing machine sounded like a jet engine on spin cycle along with some other symptoms. He said it might be as much as $300 if it was a bearing. I went ahead and scheduled the appointment.
The technician, who did not seem aware of the nature of the problem until I told him, didn't even move the machine out. He only rotated the drum a little bit, showed me that the drum was looser than it should be, did some research on his phone and in 5 minutes told me that shaft and bearing would be $1024 to repair. When I told him what I had sent in on the Homestar description and what I told the person at the store, he just said "Oh Yeah" as if to say it was obvious what the problem was. It could easily have been diagnosed over the phone and I could have been spared the service call, as one reviewer was lucky enough to experience.
This was a total waste of $120.72 (down the drain?:-). I take responsibility as I did not phone around, just trusted the reviews on Homestars.
I recommend getting two or three opinions and trying to talk to a knowledgeable person before committing to an expensive service call. Oh well, lesson learned and I off to buy a new washing machine!

Dear Taylor,
I'm sorry to hear that the repair did not go as anticipated. With over 30+ years experience in the appliance service industry I can't begin to count the amount of times I have given free advice out over the phone. With the complexity of today's modern appliances it's pretty difficult to properly diagnose a noise over the phone as I'm sure you can imagine. That's why we most times need to book a service appointment to take a proper looked to determine the issue. As an example, have you ever called your medical doctor and told him you had a pain in your side and then explain in detail that you have Utube'd and Goggled the symptoms and only needed his diagnosis over the phone? Sounds pretty absurd right; however that is exactly what you have indicated we did as a foul play on our part.
If we would have guessed that your main tub and bearings were failing and it turned out to be what we normally see as item's jammed between the drums you would have been pretty upset to say the least. I personally think you did the smart thing and called us the professionals, that were able to quickly diagnose and provide an accurate estimate on the spot for the cost of a service call. Sounds fair to me, and from what I can see we did exactly what was promised without any compromise. I'm sorry you felt it was a waste of money as I've been in your shoes many times feeling the same way. The fact is that a professional and honest opinion is worth every penny paid.
We would have been more than happy to discuss some sort of discount prior to this negative review. Hopefully 30+ years of experience accounts for something.
Dear Taylor,
Thank you for your mature response, as well as changing the rating. If I can help in anyway please let me know as I would be more than happy to help.
Steve

lbnisbet
lbnisbet

Dryer repair

Fourth time I have used Valley View Appliances ( Stove twice, dishwasher and now dryer) Always prompt, courteous and reliable. Fair prices and great service.

Hi Bill,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you as a client as well as your business!
Valley View Appliance Service Team

chambersadrian1
chambersadrian1
1 review Cochrane, AB

Fridge repair

Steve worked tirelessly to source a circuit board for the fridge . On fitting the fridge would not reset and Steve had to call engineers at Whirlpool in the US . Thanks to his diligence we now have a working fridge freezer and not had to buy a complete new model.

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for your awesome review! We really appreciate you as well as the business. So glad I was able to get your fridge up and running as well.
Hopefully no more trouble.
Valley View Appliances Ltd

wendykirlin
wendykirlin
1 review Cochrane, AB

Dishwasher Repair

I love this booking in line sites.
Steve came as indicated in the the phone call.
Excellent work as always.

Hi Wendy,
Thank you for trusting us with your appliance repairs. We so appreciate your positive feedback!

SBender from Calgary
SBender from Calgary

Dishwasher repair - no water

I had a problem with my dishwasher - no water coming in. I received a call from Steve with Valley View Appliance Ltd. (contacted through HomeStars). Steve solved the problem over the phone. Turns out it was a simple fix, caused by operator (me) error. Thanks Steve for your timely response and your honesty. You saved me what I thought would be a big repair bill.

Would I use Valley View Appliances again? You bet. I've added his name and their number to my list of "who to call" for any appliance problems.

Thank you for the awesome review! Always a pleasure helping awesome clients like yourself.
Valley View Appliances Team

craigt
craigt

Fridge fan repair.

Fridge fan repair. Excellent service. Very helpful. Arrival time and work time very efficient And productive.

Hi Craig,
Thank you so much for trusting us with your Samsung fridge repair. Hopefully no more issues and smiles all around. We appreciate your business as well as you as a person! Thank you for your vote of confidence!

petro
petro

Dishwasher repair

Our dishwasher stopped draining so I gave Valley View a call based on their HomeStars rating. It took the technician about 5 minutes to figure out the problem and the dishwasher was working again.

Hi Rob,
Thank you for letting us sort out your Bosch dishwasher issue. We appreciate the business as well as the positive feedback!

Marilyn in Cochrane
Marilyn in Cochrane

Installation of Over-the-range Microwave Oven

I was contacted by Robert shortly after requesting service online, to arrange for service installation and a recall on my dishwasher. He was very friendly and helpful. Our service tech, Wade, was such a nice person and very competent. Wade did a superb job on installing our over-the-range microwave oven, far better than the initial installation years ago. He was meticulous in his work and his clean-up. He also went the extra mile with our dishwasher recall by correcting an electrical issue. I would highly recommend Valley View Appliances for all your repair and installation needs. Thank you for your excellent service!

Hi Marllyn,
Thank you so.... much for trusting us with your over the range microwave oven installation, as well as you Bosch dishwasher repair. You made Wade's and Roberts’s day!
Valley View Appliance Service and Installation Team

Matt in Toronto
Matt in Toronto

Fridge power issue

I had an issue with no power to part of my fridge door. Steve from Valley View appliance called me right away, looked up the required parts to fix the issue, and determined the parts were no longer available. He saved me the cost of sending someone out to trouble shoot be looking it up on the phone for me. Greatly appreciated.

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your kind review! Much appreciated!
It was our pleasure answering your question over the phone and saving you some cash.
Enjoy your summer!

Blanca F.
Blanca F.

Dishwasher recall

There was a recall on our dishwasher, the tech. Steve knew exactly what he was doing, and fixed the faulty issue with the power cord/box. My dishwasher was crooked and not leveled, and Steve was nice enough to level this for me. He did an excellent job, very professional, and I am very pleased with the service! Thank you!

Hi Blanca,
Thank you for your kind review! It was a pleasure taking care of your Bosch Dishwasher cord kit recall. Your kind words made our day!
Valley View Appliances Service Team

More about Valley View Appliances Ltd.

**MENTION HOMESTARS AT THE TIME OF BOOKING AND SAVE 10% OFF ADDITIONAL LABOUR BEYOND THE DIAGNOSTIC CHARGE **
What do we do?
At Valley View Appliances we bring " Peace of Mind" to your appliance headaches. Or aim is to give you Fast, Friendly, Trustworthy Service at a cost that is affordable. No headaches.
All of our service is proudly guaranteed and performed by government trained technicians. We have over 47 years of accumulated experience in repairing home appliances and we are authorized to perform warranty service for many manufacturers. We pride ourselves in providing fast, trustworthy service at a reasonable rate. Our service vehicles are fully stocked with the most common parts, so that in most cases, we can finish your repairs on our first visit. We try our best to make your repair a quick and pleasant experience, knowing that a satisfied customer is a repeat customer.
We are pleased to serve Calgary and other areas, including: Cochrane, Airdrie, Springbank, and many others. If you have appliance repair needs, give us a call @ (403)247-9602 or book online on our website @ www.ValleyViewAppliances.com

Needing you new Appliances installed? You are in good hands as our installation professionals are true craftsmen and take pride in a job done with excellence. Needing a installation quote please email: Installs@Vvapp.ca

Fall is upon us. This is a good time to book your dryer vent cleaning to keep your household and loved ones safe. Call now!