Viper Home Services Inc.

Waterproofing
29 Holmesdale crs. Toronto ON m6e1y3
Drain Services
Viper Home Services Inc.

Reviews for Viper Home Services Inc.

Samuel from Toronto
Samuel from Toronto

Rear Basement Walkout

I looked all over the GTA and got tons of quotes, cheap and expensive. Then by chance somehow found Manny on Homestars.com. We spoke by phone then I emailed him my drawings. He dropped by i wasent here but he had a look anyway, called me and gave me a quote that was fair, seemed to be a very very busy guy. My drawings had some errors to do with the underpinning that I knew about, Manny was the only one to realize no one else that quoted me did. I gave him the go ahead right away and himself and the crew showed up on that day time."Peace of mind" is the term I can use to describe Manny, Dago and the team. These guys show up rain or shine and worked in cold weather. They really know the meaning of team work. Manny took everything on his shoulders, dealing with inspectors, drawings right down the finest details he took all my worries away. Dago and Manny are very knowledgeable, they have a lot of experience in the trades I realized this quickly. They are very aprochable and willing to answered all my questions no matter what. They are a very hard working group of guys, I am very happy with the work they have done, the job turned out great I know it has been done properly. I've been ripped off many times in my life I have a hard time trusting people. This whole experience has helped me a lot on a personal level in my personal life. Manny I really thank you for everything, your a very smart guy. It's not easy trying to make a living and be a good person at the same time. Your actually doing that. Thank you again and I'm looking forward to seeing you Dago and the boys in the spring to do our backyard patio and concrete pad for our shed. Thank you for everything and sorry for the late review, I really appreciate it thanks again see you soon.

Sam. Hope your doing well. Thank you very much for the review.

New porch, window cutout, plumbing services

This was my first major home project and it required the demolition my existing concrete slab and brick porch, making a cut-out for a new window in the basement and building a new smaller porch and stairs. The work had to be coordinated with my interior basement renovations. It was difficult finding a masonry company that had the right expertise and that also responded in a reasonable amount of time to my request for a quote. Ziper Home Services did both and I found his quote very acceptable. After interviewing a number of companies, I selected Ziper because Manny provided a detailed quote, was clearly knowledgeable and he was able to answer all my questions about the job while explaining the options.
Manny & team worked hard to complete the work on schedule and despite some weather and equipment delays, had the job finished well before the window was to be installed
Viper also has plumbing expertise and was able to complete the basement plumbing work required when some last minute decisions were made to move the drain and expand the incoming waterline.
Manny was great to work with, and the whole crew were friendly and polite and they did a great job of tidying up when the work was done. Viper Home Services did an excellent quality job and I wouldn’t hesitate to hire them again or to recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable company.

June, thank you very much for your review and also for taking the time to upload the photos.

Mila S from Toronto
Mila S from Toronto

back-up valve, new sewer system and sump pump installed

Manny was very approachable, helped with rebate, everything done way he explained, on schedule and on budget. Team hard-working and efficient, cleaned up and put everything back in place. It was huge undertaking and messy job but Manny and team minimized the problems associated with it all. Thanks for a job well done!

marta h. from Old Toronto
marta h. from Old Toronto

Basement Waterproofing

IMG_20140516_150531.jpg Viper Home Services Inc.
416-894-2913
29 Holmesdale Cres.
Toronto
M6E 1Y3

Manny and his team waterproofed our basement as part of a larger basement renovation this past summer. We were very impressed. Manny was super helpful, gave us a competitive quote and believe it or not - completed the job ahead of schedule! Throughout the project, he was always prompt at returning our calls, took the time to explain the details of the work, and was always happy to answer any questions. He was also very mindful of the family and our little kids (we were living in the house throughout most of the reno) and made sure to give us a heads up on all the work so we could plan accordingly. Definitely recommend Viper Home Services. Great guys. Great work. Thank you Manny! Marta H.

Marta thank you very much for your review i hope that you are enjoying your new basement

Martin M. from Toronto
Martin M. from Toronto
1 review North York, ON

Concrete slab for a shed

When I was trying to get someone to build me a concrete pad for my new shed, I have send emails to probably 30 contractors listed on HomeStars. Only few of them bothered with a reply and I had got quotes from only 3 companies. Manny was the first to call me back and his quote was also the most reasonable one. He was ready to start the work almost immediately and he and his whole team did a great job. They cleaned the remains of the old pad, poured a new one and even protected it from the rain that was expected to come next day. It does not happen very often with contractors that they do their work to your 100% satisfaction. But with Manny and Viper Home Services, it had happened to me!

thanks for the review martin

Dave  from Toronto
Dave from Toronto

Basement waterproofing and concrete removal

I just finished paying Manny for a job (completed on time and on budget) and I am jumping on Homestars right now to write a review before I forget.

Not that I will ever forget the professional way in which I was treated by Manny all of the people at Viper Home Services including Dago and the "boys", or how hard they worked, or how open they were to answering my questions. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

I hired Manny to replace the cement floor and drains in my basement, install a backwater valve and sump pump and internal waterproofing, install a new water line AND do a buttload of cement removal in my back and front yard (because he was there and I needed the concrete removed and he was able to give a good price, trust me, I've looked around, all of Manny's prices are good). It was a huge job but now that it is over I am happy to say that it went off without a hitch (or at least a hitch that resulting in anything slowing down my renovation schedule or impacting my pocketbook, which is all I care about as a homeowner) .

I often read these glowing testimonials on Homestars and wonder if they are genuine, now that I am writing one I am happy to say that sometimes they are. This is the simplest way to put it: if you want an honest, hard working person to take care of your waterproofing and plumbing, someone who will do excellent work at a fair price, based on my experience, Manny and Viper home services fit the bill.

Dave, thank you very much for your great review

Andrea LeBannister from Newmarket
Andrea LeBannister from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Waterproofing and Drainage

Manny and his team were very professional. What needed to be dissasembled for the job was put back together exactly the way it was prior to the work being done. His whole crew was on-site and did an excellent job. The job was done in the estimated time frame. I was very happy with the service and overall job!!!

Amy & Ken from Toronto
Amy & Ken from Toronto

Waterproofing Basement

I hired P & P Painting and Renovation to do a complete basement renovation including waterproofing. Manny from Viper Home Services was hired by our contractor to take out our old concrete, lay down new concrete and complete the waterproofing work. He installed a back flow water valve and explained how to apply to the city for a rebate for installation of the back flow water valve and sump pump.

Along the way, Manny noticed some plumbing problems that he helped us fix. He re-installed a toilet that was leaking down to our basement and fixed the pipes under our kitchen sink that weren't installed properly from a previous renovation.

Manny was always polite and answered all my questions. He was easily accessible and always answered the phone when I called him. Even after the job was done, I contacted him when I was having trouble getting my rebate and Manny went out of his way to contact the city inspector and city offices to find out what was happening.

I would definitely use his services again in the future.

Thank you for the review Amy.

Professional Painting Toronto
Professional Painting Toronto
2 reviews Newcastle, ON

Waterproofing around complete house

Manny was hired based on a referral from a very good friend.
Not having much experience with waterproofing we trusted the referral was reliable and Manny and Dago would be honest with his work. We hired Viper Home Services to waterproof the whole exterior of the house. We are under construction renovation our whole house.

After numerous conversations with Manny, he kept assuring us the work was being completed properly and we had nothing to worry about. We had a GC that came by when we wanted a 2nd opinion. He would ask Manny why he was using pea stone instead of 3/4 crushed stone- Manny brushed him off stating it was the only stone he used all the time. Using the regular stone didn't filter dirt and water properly and he only used very little. We asked Manny to change the stone to the proper one when it was delivered and Manny kept telling us not to worry it was still fine.
We had our 1st thaw from the winter and had a swimming pool in our basement not once but twice. My husband kept calling Manny to come out and see our swimming pool. He did in the beginning when we explained the existing foundation cynder blocks were still wet. He kept saying they will dry up not to worry... they never did.
After numerous calls Manny didn't want to come back and blamed the winter freezing and stated it was our fault. Need I add his invoice stated fully guaranteed for 15 years!!
We decided to investigate further and dug out the leaking side of the house ourselves to find a horrendous mess of weeping tile all bunched up and not extended properly, wavy up and down and away from the foundation. There was also a broken weeper. There was no patching of any cracks in the foundation walls, the seams at the exterior foundation extensions weren't sealed, and the windows weren't sealed as discussed in our agreement there would be. The footings were soaked wet. In the third picture the weeper was installed with slack and veered from the front of the house to the back. The area was soaked because of the slope going in the right direction. A flow test revealed that there was blockage in the back when water flowed back and not through. There was no mention of installing blue skin which our new contractor suggested that is the only way to go by using it on top of the tar application. Our contract included installing window well drains for 2 of our windows, and as you see in the pictures this is the installation of the drainage pipes..
The pipes were not even connected to the main weeping tiles leaving the water to sit and not drain at all. The drains weren't blocked and got filled with dirt and Styrofoam from the stucco installation.
We continuously called Manny to come back and fix this mess he did with no response back other than to tell my husband he didn't know what he was talking about and he was not a contractor.
After seeing this mess we had no choice but to dig out the rest of the foundation and redo the waterproofing again....Costing thousands of dollars and unwanted headache.

- The window wells weren't done properly
- The cracks and seams weren't sealed
- The windows weren't sealed
- There wasn't enough tar to coat the foundation.It was coated thin
- The dimpleboard was wavy, there wasn't termination at the top of many areas. He told me I can get the termindation bars at Home depot.
- The water main in the house was cracked. Manny said it cracked from the cold winter and it wasn't his fault.

I urge you to look at my pictures before you decide to hire Manny to do your work in your home. If you still don't believe my review look carefully at the pictures... I went thru this trouble entering all these pictures to avoid this happening to you. Unless, you really want to spend money and redo your work again.

At the beginning all looks good however in the long run this company has taken short cuts in their workmanship and they are the only ones reaping the benefits.

The problem didn't end there...
Manny went against the GC's instructions and Manny ran the water and drain line to the property line before the city did their lines. The city didn't match Manny's lines and Manny insisted it was the city's error. According to city's written recommendations, the city should always install their lines before our lines. Manny said it was just recommendations and Manny was right.

I gave Manny the option of correcting his work and he said he is done with us.

Tony and Caren, i understand your frustration but as I have told you many times before I can not be held responsible for all the mistakes you guys have committed at your renovation. the number one mistake you committed was not heating your house over the winter. we did the job for you back in November of you guys did not heat the house all winter so your foundation shifted and cracked all over the place after we had repaired the homes original cracks. as for the stone i have no idea what you are talking about we always use 3/4 inch stone and that is what we used at your house, no where in your house did we use pea stone. we we did the job for you in November we had the building inspector look at all our work and it all passed. I went to meet you at least 10 or 12 times after the spring thaw every time i you called i came and every time I told you that you had to get at least temporary power to the sump pump. and you never did. you had a stop work order at you house from the building inspector and I understand that you couldn't have the electrician working there but you didn't even follow my suggestion of running a temporary extension cord from your neighbour. I told you over a dozen times if the pump is not working the water has no were else to go but build up on the basement floor. as for the cracked valve on your water service you are lucky only the valve cracked and not the pipe underground. Again this was due to not heating the house. anyone knows that if you don't heat the house your pipes will crack. Your very good friend as stated by you still recommends me to all their clients because they know I do good work. Again I understand but it was your fault that you didn't provide heat to the house over the winter.

Karen Johnson from Old Toronto
Karen Johnson from Old Toronto
3 reviews Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Cement demolition, masonry, waterproofing and backwater valve installation

We had our concrete basement entrance removed and the entrance to the basement closed off. Concrete demolition, masonry and exterior waterproofing was required. We also had a backwater valve installed.

Manny is a very personable and professional guy. He is always available and answers all your questions. He gave reasonable and accurate estimates for the work. He is punctual and goes above and beyond what is called for. He is very reliable and does excellent work! He made this renovation process easier for us - with little worries on our end. I would definitely recommend his services. We are very pleased with the work!!

karen, as you already know it was a pleasure working with you. thank you very much for your review.

More about Viper Home Services Inc.

Viper Home Services Specializes in waterproofing drains and all types of concrete work. Our mission is to offer a unique and reliable service within the Greater Toronto Area. We always deliver what we promise on time and on budget.

- We have excellent references from our satisfied clients
- We are a family owned and operated business.
- We are professionals and guarantee our work 100%
- We are an Ontario registered company
- We are registered with W.S.I.B. and are fully insured
- We satisfy our client and follow their recommendations
- We are friendly and professional
- We get the work done on time and on budget

So stop putting off that nagging renovations project and let the pros handle it

Call our references and they will speak for us!!

- Drains