Renovation Et Restauration Apres Sinistre- Renovco Inc.

Design/Project Management
Dorval QC H9P1B2
HomeStars  >  Design/Project Management in DORVAL  >  Renovation Et Restauration Apres Sinistre- Renovco Inc.

Reviews for Renovation Et Restauration Apres Sinistre- Renovco Inc.

H in Toronto
H in Toronto
1 review Montreal,

Renovco kept my $5000 deposit!

Renovco kept my $5000 deposit!
Before you give these people a deposit, first ask them if they have returned Hong's $5000 deposit yet!
I had some issues with a previous, "gem", of a contractor, so by the time Renovco was called, I was ready with a complete list of ALL the jobs that I wanted done to complete my renovations.
To avoid surprises, and that game so many contractors like to play, "Name that extra", as he walked through the door for the quote, I provided Alex from Renovco with his very own, take-home copy, of a completed list of all of the jobs to be done.
We went down the list, looked at all the jobs, an agreeable quote was given, so we signed a contract, and I gave a deposit. Part of the agreement was that we would be working from a list, at least as detailed as the one I provided.
A few days later Alex returned with an unacceptably incomplete list of the jobs to complete the contract.
We signed the contract on March 17, 2017, work was to begin April 19 2017, by April 14 they still hadn’t provided me with a copy of the list of the jobs to complete the project that they would be working from, so I told them they couldn’t begin the project until they provided me with a copy of their list. Renovco, with the help of a guy I hired to keep an eye on the project, finished Renovco’s list by April 30th.
They wasted a month and a half of my time as I tried everything imaginable to get these people to provide a copy of the list of jobs they would be working from to complete the renovation. The game was, every few days they would copy and paste a few more jobs from the list I provided for them to their list, until they had finally recreated the list that I provided for them as their working list. It was ridiculous. I should have just said at the beginning of April, "Well, I guess we're going to be working from the list I provided, if you can't provide me with a copy of your list". Renovco apparently doesn't like working from a detailed list and were doing everything to avoid having to work from one.
After playing around with the lists for a month and a half then Renovco scheduled the work to begin 3.5 months later, in Mid-August.
By July, I had experienced such a lack of professionalism, and had read so many bad reviews about Renovco, that I cancelled them doing the work.
I have requested the return of my deposit ten times in the past nine months, since August 2017. It appears that they intend to keep my $5000 deposit.
If and when Renovco returns my deposit, or I am in the process of collecting the money they kept from me through a court proceeding, I will edit this review to reflect any developments with the situation.
Best advice I can provide about Renovco: Avoid these people unless you have time and money to burn.
Best Advice about Renovations in general: With any contractor, and especially Renovco, insist on a complete list of all of the jobs to be done, and all imaginable aspects of each job (finish, number of coats, materials, specs, everything..), to avoid surprises, unless your contractor arrives with wings and a halo.

1 review Dorval, QC

Quality Work

Renovco is a very good company! They renovated my kitchen and 2 bathrooms, the quality of the work and materials is not to compare with any other contractor. They actually finished their work before the work schedule they had promised me. Their workers are very pleasant and very polite, nothing to say about the staff in the office that are very joyful and project manager are on the top!

1 review Montreal, QC

Project

I renovated my kitchen with Renovco. I visited their showroom, and that's when i decided to renovate, they have beautiful stuff. Their team is clean fast and respectful. I recommend renovco to everyone.

1 review Montreal, QC

Neverending horror story

-Built the floor over leaving the packaging and old nails under it
-Left big gaps near doors
-Chipped the floor in more than 10 places
-Big area without a subfloor
-Suspected installing used material

June in Toronto
June in Toronto
1 review Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC

Ensuite Bathroom and walk in closet

We had an ensuite bathroom and walk in closet built by renovco. They did quite a nice job and the only issues were a few lengthly delays. The problems started immediately as the shower started to leak into the room below and they couldn't find the cause. Finally after many months of phone calls and different repair guys the problem was solved but they never repaired the ceiling where the paint bubbled. Unfortunately, this was not the only issue. The toilet gasket began to leak, the handles fell off the cabinets and the valve fell off the shower tower. It has been 2 years of telephone calls and visits to renovco and these issues have never been resolved. Each time we go in they assure us they are working on it, but after 2 years..... well!!!! I give them 1 star as the original job was nicely done but since then it has been a nightmare!

2 reviews Dorval, QC

Flood Damage

Spring flood!!! what a disaster!!! this is what my wife and I thought of at first, when water was filling my 5 rooms basement last week. I called Renovco at 4 am in the morning. Their team is superb! they made the emergency look so easy. WE are definitely recommending!

2 reviews Dorval, QC

Basement Renovation and Restoration

Renovation Et Restauration Apres Sinistre- Renovco Inc.
514-856-9993
Dorval
QC
H9P1B2

When it is time to think renovation, think Renovco.
They are the best. They did my basement 3 years ago. The result was extraordinary!
I suffered from a flood in my basement (Winter 2010) and my wife and I were devastated. A good friend of ours suggested we use Renovco's services. He did his kitchen remodeling in Summer and was impressed by the punctuality, the quality, and the service they delivered. So we gave them a call and in matter of minutes they were in. They cut down the damages at minimum and restored it to the way it was. Even better, with a renovation spirit!
Early this year, my wife and I decided to move to another city, and our house was put out for sale.
I couldn't believe that in such bad economic condition, my house was sold in less than a week. My broker told me, that the finished basement was a major uplift to this sale.
We got every dollar spent back.
Highly recommended.