General Gas Service

HomeStars  >  Gas Line Installation in Woodbridge  >  General Gas Service

Reviews for General Gas Service

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Gas line installation - Keith is as good as they get!

Originally hired Keith to help with adjusting a gas pipe for a new gas range, but what we thought was going to be a straightforward process actually turned out to be a complex situation which required the installation of a brand new gas line so that there would be enough pressure to support a connection to our BBQ.

Keith was honest and upfront about everything and tried his best to save us money where he could by offering different solutions. Keith is truly as good as they get and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing any type of gas line work!

Thank you Daniel for your terrific review. I appreciate your business.

Marija from Toronto
Marija from Toronto

BBQ Gas Line Hook-Up

This is the second job for which I've hired Keith. The first was last year when I hired him to hook up my pool heater to the gas line. He did a terrific job and so there was no question about reaching out to him again when I bought a new natural gas BBQ that needed to be hooked up to our gas line. Keith is very knowledgeable, considerate and committed to doing quality work. And to top it all off, he's just a very decent person! Without asking him to, Keith offered to come over this past Saturday morning to hook up our BBQ so we could have it working for the Canada Day long weekend. He worked hard in that sweltering heat and did a great job! Keith put a lot of thought into how to best extend the gas line to the BBQ because there were one or two challenges, and the result was neat and meticulous. Thank you Keith! You are a true gentleman and I have no hesitation in recommending you for similar work.

Thank you Marija for your glowing review. Your business is truly appreciated.

Patrick Bowman from Toronto
Patrick Bowman from Toronto

Fastest service EVER

Left message for Keith at 1:30. Got callback 1:40. Arrived 2:05 (yes, 25 minutes later). Work done, very professionally, by 2:45 including re-lighting our fireplace pilots.

Fastest response time ever. And as a bonus he's been doing this a while and has some very interesting stories.

Thank you Patrick for your kind review. I appreciate your business.

Paula C. from Toronto
Paula C. from Toronto

Great service, professional, and fast

Keith responded promptly to my request for a quote. He came out when agreed upon, quoted the job, and completed it very shortly thereafter. He installed a gas line to my barbecue, and the work was done well, he explained it thoroughly, and it was at the agreed upon price. He was courteous, friendly and helpful. What more could you ask for?!

Thank you Paula for your stellar review. I appreciate your business.

Laurel in Toronto
Laurel in Toronto

Outstanding Service!

I called Keith in a panic because Enbridge Gas placed multiple tags on my gas service. He arrived at my home within the hour and quickly cleared all the tags, most of which were false! He is a gentleman, nice to have in your home, does his very best and I will definitely be using him again. I can highly recommend him. Thanks, Keith!

Thank you Laurel for your amazing comments. You were a pleasure to work for.

Paul G
Paul G

Repair gas leak supply pipe

I called Keith and he was able to move his schedule and arrived with in a few hours as promised. He confirmed the leak , found it and corrected with in the scope of what he had quoted on the phone.

Very responsive and customer oriented

Thank you Paul for your kind review. I appreciate your business.

H. Carriere
H. Carriere

Gas pipe repairs to bring to code

Keith arrived at my home at the appointed time and completed all work needed. He explained what needed to be done to bring everything to code and also advised me to email the completed red tag form to Enbridge. I would highly recommended Keith's service.

Thank you H. for your tremendous review. I appreciate your business.

R. M.
R. M.

Gas line for new gas stove, hook up stove

We needed a gas line installed for our new stove. Keith put in about 40 feet of line. It was a complicated installation, as he had to route the line first through part of the basement, then outside along the back of the house, then back inside at the kitchen. It even had to travel behind a cupboard before getting to the stove location! Keith was up to the task and did an amazing job. He was easy to talk to and explained everything along the way. He did everything to code of course and leak-tested when finished. He hooked up the stove and then showed us how to use it. We definitely recommend General Gas Service.

Thank you Rick for your review. I appreciate your business.

Bogdan in Thornhill
Bogdan in Thornhill

Furnace not working - no heat

My furnace stopped working (heating) overnight (friday to saturday) in February 2018 (-10 outside temperature). Saturday morning I checked homestars and picked GGS not really knowing anyone else. Keith showed up quickly saturday morning (very soon after talking over the phone).
He is a nice person to talk to, and very respectful. He started working on the furnace doing trial and error type of maneuvers to detect the cause of the problem. He explained that there could be a few possible malfunctioning parts and wanted to find out which one might be the defective one. He narrowed it down to a defective pressure switch. After his trial and error maneuvers the furnace started working again. He said that we were both lucky. True. He wanted to run the furnace a couple times to make sure it works properly. During one of the cycles the furnace stopped again. He did something and got it back working again. We tested it again and the furnace behaved normally. He concluded that it has been fixed. I asked him about the hick-up during the testing cycles and he mentioned that it was normal. I asked him about warranty on the work provided and he said "call me and I will answer the phone". I said fine.
He charged 125 for showing up and 125 for the hourly labor, although he had only spent at most 45 minutes in my home altogether. He said that he charges 1 hour minimum work rate. Fine again. He leaves and assures me that I should not have problems.
After he leaves, the furnace stops working in less then half hour. I call him and he is on his way to the next job. Says he is coming when he finishes the other job, later in the afternoon. I was a little disappointed and started to look around for alternatives. I call this time a larger gas service company and they work on saturdays and sundays. They have an opening on sunday first thing in the morning, and they charge less for showing up (99). I decided to make an appointment with them and text Keith that I am leaving home and that I will call him back if I need his service. He calls me back twice saturday evening, but I could not pick up the phone.
Sunday morning the second technician shows up and from his actions I can see that he knows the furnace inside-out and pinpoints the cause shortly after troubleshooting it and fixes it in probably 20 minutes. After that he takes the time to explain some of the operational peculiarities of the type of furnace I have and gives me advises on how to properly operate it. We spent another 20-30 minutes and he answers all my questions about the furnace. The cost was similar to what Keith charged me, except that the furnace was fixed.
After the second technician left, I texted Keith telling him that my furnace is fixed and that I would appreciate if he refunded some of the money I paid him the day before. I did not mention how much. I never heard back from him.
Keith charged me full price for a poorly done job. And refused to acknowledge it.

When you catch a person in one lie, there are usually others to follow. There were no hiccups. Once the problem was pinpointed(pressure switch not closing), corrections were made without any new parts, and the furnace operated properly after thorough testing. That's why you paid me. When you called and claimed that the furnace had stopped working, I offered to come back after my next job, but you got strange and couldn't commit to be home. I called several times. Most people would want the same person to come back. It's certainly your choice to get someone else, however only a very low person would demand a refund. P.S.-Operational peculiarities? You have a very standard furnace. It's not a Jaguar XE. You turn the heat up, you turn it down. Bogdan, stick to car washing. All the best.

More about General Gas Service

General Gas Service is a natural gas contractor and we do all things NATURAL GAS. GAS line installation (including underground), GAS leak repair, GAS appliance installation, GAS appliance repair(furnaces, fireplaces, ranges, boilers, pool heaters, water heaters, gas lamps), GAS line testing.
Phone # 416-849-3416
E-mail keith@generalgasservice.com

No matter what type of gas appliances you use, we have all types of solutions available for you.
» We add gas lines for fireplace, stove, dryers, and BBQ's and all other appliances.
» We also repair gas furnaces, gas water Heaters, gas fireplaces, as well as gas ranges.

Adding and Relocating Gas Lines:
» Professionally done
» Installations adding gas lines
» Relocating gas lines
» Removing gas lines
» We work in all gas
» Appliances and lite commercial

Gas Line Leaks and Gas Leak Repairs:
We have the latest Technology used to detect leaks. There are no leaks too small or too big for us to handle. All of our work is done by professional, experienced Gas Technicians. We are able to do a quality job with any gas line repair because of our Technicians strong trouble shooting abilities.

If you take our services, you will be assured of your safety and smooth working of your heating and cooling system. We repair all gas appliances and provide tips to take care of your equipment so that it serves you for a longer period of time.

What is more, various maintenance packages are also available for you. You can choose a package based on your specific needs, or allow our professionals to choose the best package for you.