Gillespie Handyman Services

C Daly
C Daly
5 reviews Ottawa, ON

Successful projectd

I hired Gillespie to replace a the toilet and sink in my bathroom and everything went really well. Jade in their office was really understanding when my wife had to move our installation date last minute. Oscar was very efficient and professionalism in our home completing the work. I have no complaints and had a great experience.

Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you had a great experience working with us!

Best,
The Gillespie Handyman Team

Joan in Toronto
Joan in Toronto

Excellent service

We hired Gillespie Handyman to build a custom tv unit in our living room. It was important that it be done well to match our custom kitchen. Everything went very well. Jade was great to deal with from their office and the two workers were very professional.

Hello Joan,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that everything went well and our team members were professional.

Best,
The Gillespie Handyman Team

Private User reviews Clarence Rockland, ON

Moving dryer vent

I paid a downpayment of 25% to schedule work and was assured they could do the job within two weeks. Work was never scheduled and was told they were booked into the next month. Having trouble getting back my deposit. Do not hire this company.

deb from Ottawa
deb from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

TERRIBLE WORKMANSHIP AND COMPANY RESPONSE

Terrible, hired to remove cedar shingles from a roof of roughly 21 x 7 feet in size & replace any rotted boards and to lay tar paper, 2x4's and pre-cut pieces of steel roof on a low shed type roof. (I supplied all the materials AND MY labour to assist) guy tried to cover over some severely rotted and sagging boards with tar paper and other bad practices I sent pictures to the co. and they stand behind the work. the pictures tell the story

Evan
Evan
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Shower re-caulking

A very poor experience with Gillespie from the perspectives of workmanship and customer service. We hired them to re-caulk our shower, which had been leaking. After being quoted for a job that they said would take a few hours, Ryan (the owner) came and went, removing old caulking and applying new stuff in under 40 minutes. Once dry, an inspection of the work showed some gaps, which we requested be fixed. Upon returning, Ryan was quite rude, asking "you called us back for THIS?". Again rushed, he quickly patched the gap inside the shower, and stated that the other areas with gaps or excessive application (in his words) "didn't matter" because "you can't have it look good and not leak". Of course, it is perfectly possible for a skilled worker to apply caulking evenly, in a way which is functional and not an eyesore. To top it all off, Gillespie quoted us on a job which would (and probably should) take a few hours, and of course charged the full quoted amount despite the fact that it was done in a rushed 40 minutes and was unsatisfactory. I would warn other prospective clients that in our experience this company has neither an interest nor the ability to provide high-quality work. A real let-down.

Susana de la Fuente in Gloucester
Susana de la Fuente in Gloucester

Repairs for a shed

The wind storm made my shed tilt and the doors were blown out. Gillespie handyman my a fantastic job fix in it to perfection. I will gladly recommend this company.
Susana de la Fuente

Relic in Cumberland
Relic in Cumberland

Repaired Fasica

Great service, excellent company to work with. They were fast and delivered the work as promised and at the price quoted. I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

laurenarmstrong
laurenarmstrong
1 review Ottawa, ON

Basement renovation, soffit ventilation, deck construction

Every time we have used Gillespie’s services we have been completely satisfied. Ryan always has great ideas and has talked us out of some of our own “bad ideas”. Service is always fast, professional and completed on time. We highly recommend them.

Ryan
Ryan
1 review Ottawa, ON

Deck build, basement renovation and multiple other repairs and consulting

Ryan and his team are incredibly experienced and have saved us a great deal of money over a variety of jobs. Ryan has an ability to see things and provide guidance that few other in the industry can. He has provided us fabulous advice and guidance on how to solve and finish a multitude of jobs around our house. He and his team are prompt, hard working and efficient! They have extended our living space with a beautiful deck (built in a day) and most recently finished our basement in record time! I would strongly recommend them for any work around the house.

BFRockland
BFRockland
1 review Clarence Rockland, ON

Deck replacement

Our old deck was badly weathered and underbuilt for it size. We got a number of quotes for its removal and replacement but selected Gillespie because they included all the features we were looking for and pile foundations, not blocks. The Job took longer than anticipated due to unforeseen rock bu the result was worth it. The deck looks great, and is solid underfoot.
I have already recommended Gillespie to my neighbours.

More about Gillespie Handyman Services

For 15 years, Gillespie Handyman Services has been serving commercial and residential customers in Ottawa and throughout the National Capital Region. We are a unique company in the market as our experience cuts across disciplines – we’ve done it all, and we’re ready to bring that knowledge and experience to ...
Looking for Handyman Services pros in Ottawa?