Howes Plumbing

Erica C
Erica C
3 reviews Newcastle, ON

what hasn't he fixed??

Although we had the unfortunate luck of moving into a new home that proved to be riddled with multiple hidden plumbing issues, we were SO fortunate to have found Howe's Plumbing!!! Sam has been to our place about 5 times since we moved a year ago. He identified a fault in the plumbing of our home, allowing us to mqke a successful flood claim on our insurance, repaired two toilets, a tub overflow drain, soaker tub faucets, double sink traps, a backyard tap, and most recently a shower drain that was protruding and leaking through our living room ceiling. With every issue Sam helps us with little to no wait, he always worka hard to fit us in. He always shows us the problem and explains the why and how to us thoroughly. There are never any surprises with his pricing and he is always reasonable. And to boot, super friendly and professional. I would recommend Howe's Plumbing to anyone needing any level of plumbing repair. He is that good!!

Jennifer from Oshawa
Jennifer from Oshawa

Toilet,

At first Mr Howe was quite pleasant. I had him replace a $14.95 toilet tank fill valve. My husband was out of town at the time. Upon his return he asked that if upon Mr Howe's return to complete some additional work if he would explain the $130 charge for the work performed. Mr Howes reply email was most insulting. He called my husband clueless. As my husband was absent when the toilet part was replaced, he simply was requesting an explanation..My initial email was pleasant and addressed mainly his pending return for subsequent work. I then asked if he would please speak with my husband as he felt the charges were a little high and he wanted to ensure an amicable price for the additional work prior to commencement and not like the toilet job, price given only upon completion.
My husband & I both own small home-based businesses and thus we always shop local and look to help our fellow entrepreneurs. I have been in business 17 years and NEVER would I tell a customer/client that he/she is clueless. Mr Howe felt the need to expand on his training and credentials and all that was required to be a plumber. Sadly, none of that taught you customer service skills sir.. You are not the only person who spent several years honing their craft. My husband is CSA certified in his field, and spent several years honing his craft in the British Military-Royal Engineers and he was in the Gulf War...You said that you required a minimum of a 70% to be successfully pass and be certified.Funny thing about war, it takes 100% pass just to get home.
You are skilled Mr Howe but your interpersonal business skils....you missed that class and definitely did not get the minimum 70%. I simply and politely ask that the breakdown of the charges be explained to my husband. Your rude reply was not deserved and were most inappropriate and unprofessional. Even more astounding is that you replied to us with such a disparaging tone knowing we had several hundred dollars of aditional work which we were prepared to hire you to complete. You sabotaged this because someone asked for an explanation.

reid from Whitby
reid from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Faucet and valve repairs

Sam and Sandy arrived 10 minutes early and promptly got to work. They are very efficient and freely gave DIY advice on minor repairs in the future. They installed a new kitchen faucet, fixed 3 leaking valves and installed 2 cartridges in the bathroom in just under an hour. Charges were reasonable considering the work involved. Would definitely use them again.

3 Repairs in 1 hour

Sam and Sandy did a great job replacing our toilet's shut off valve, fixing a leaky tub faucet and replacing our kitchen faucet. They were quick but thorough, friendly and they cleaned up after it all. I would definitely recommend them and use them again in the future. Thanks again guys!

Repair to bath tub taps

Once again I had plumping problem, this time with the bathroom tub taps dripping..

As I do not have full strength in my hand I was not able to fix this myself.. and since the last time I called Howes plumbing the service was excellent so I called them again for this repair work

They arrived looked over the problem and said they would order the parts and return the next day about 2pm to do the work.

They arrived the next day with an hour of the promised time, and went to work fixing my taps, within and hour they were done, the dripping taps were fixed,, he even knew of a part I didnt even know exsisted in the pipe..The price was fair ,,the work was again excellent

Again I cannot recommend them enough..if you need a plumber I strongly recommend Howes plumbing

Michael  from Ajax
Michael from Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Installed 4 faucets and shut-offs

Sam showed up on time, did the work promptly, cleaned up and took the old faucets with him. The pricing was reasonable and I have no problems with his work. I will use him again and would have no problem recommending him.

Thank you for you review Michael. I'm very happy that you were pleased with the work preformed at your home. I appreciate that you would recommend us. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day

Plumbing Repairs

I contacted Howes Plumbing when moving into my recently purchased home,, The service man was TOP NOTCH.. he repaired 3 plumbing issues for me from a leaking kitchen sink to a cracked drain pipe in the basement, he was on time, totally profession and polite. I was thoroughly pleased with the serviceman and his repairs to my home plumbing problems , I would highly recommend him to anyone and I will surely be calling him in the future for any of my plumbing needs.

Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm glad we could fix your new home as nobody likes to buy a new home to find a few leaks in a couple locations. Thanks again and I hope you have a wonderful day.

More about Howes Plumbing

HOWES PLUMBING Howes Plumbing is a fully licensed & insured plumbing company servicing the Durham Region & G. T. A. -All plumbing repairs and services -Clogged drains/ Sewer cleaning -Hot water tank service and installations -Residential, commercial & industrial services available -Full kitchen/ bathroom renovations -Dishwasher & washing machine installation ...