Distinct Heating & Cooling

194 Chapalina Close SE Calgary AB T2X 3W3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Distinct Heating & Cooling
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Distinct Heating & Cooling

Dustin c.

professionalism and craftsmanship are at the top of their list .... right beside positive customer relationship , and respect for your house .... these guys are awesome , they should be your only choice when it comes to A/C and furnace installation or issues

craig

Extremely scientific approach to HVAC. Knowledgeable people. Responsive service. Pride in worksmanship. Very pleased with the finished product and the peace of mind of having a ten year warranty.

Job Price

Hello Craig, Thank you for the wonderful review! You are correct - there is a scientific approach to HVAC. We don't like to take chances or guess. There is always a reason why ~ and we take a lot of pride in ensuring that we do the job right with the information to back it up. And we love it when homeowners take an interest in it! Thank you for trusting us with your installation ~ Enjoy it! Lori

HomeStars in Toronto

I called Distinct for a free estimate due to the excellent reviews on homestar. We had Nate and company install an air conditioner and smart thermostat in our house. We were very impressed right from the time of the estimate. Nate obviously has a superior knowledge of air conditioning and spent a great deal of time reviewing our options. Though we paid a little more from his company, we felt his knowledge, customer service and attention to detail was worth it. After installation, he came back to our home to review the maintenance and daily use of the AC. He also had recommended a few upgrades such as a smart thermostat which I love! Nate's company was on time, reliable and professional. We have had no issues whatsoever and I look forward to a nice cool summer in my home. I highly recommend his company. His pride in ownership is apparent and he works hard to ensure the customer is satisfied.

Job Price

Thank you so much for the review! Nate & all of our journeyman technicians take a tremendous amount of pride in ensuring any installation is completed above and beyond what is considered "standard". Our prices may be slightly higher than some of our competitors, but ~ you're right ~ we believe that part of what makes us different is our customer service and paying attention to all the small details. We want our clients to feel that they have our full attention and ensuring they are taken care of - 110%! We are thankful that you have experienced this with us! Enjoy your A/C this summer! Lori

Warren

Had a new furnace installed with new humidifier, 5 inch air filter and thermostat. Landon, Jordan and Christian came out to do the work. They were all very friendly, polite and very professional. The work was very meticulous and clean. Cleanup was likewise immaculate. Nate came by on both days and then came back so he could run through it again with me. Very accommodating. I would highly recommend Distinct Heating & Cooling.

Job Price

Hello Warren, It was a pleasure to work in your home! We couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome of this job and we are ssoo very pleased that you are happy with it as well! When we are in your home - we treat it as if it were our own. We want to ensure the job is completed perfectly & that we leave our work space in better shape than we found it. Thank you for trusting us with your installation! Enjoy your new furnace & equipment! Lori

vande77

So I never write reviews, but I will for this because I was so impressed with the outcome. I had gotten a bunch of quotes and Nate himself stood out from all of them. He came across as honest and very knowledgeable. His team were on time, there was extra unforeseen work that had to be done and he did not charge extra for it and was all done on the quote he originally provided. The finished work was better then I expected and cleaner then when they had started. I will definitely use them when I have any other needs. They are not the cheapest, but you definitely get all your moneys worth.

Job Price

Hello! Thank you for your review! We know that these reviews come from our customers' hearts and knowing that you took time out of your day to do this ~ is something that we are very grateful for! We are ssoo pleased that you are happy with our install in your home & we always try to leave it in better shape than we found it! You may be right that we are not always the cheapest ~ however, we never skimp on product quality, quality workmanship or with the skill of our employees ~ which are all important aspects of any proper installation. It was a pleasure to work with you! Enjoy your A/C this summer!! Lori

Edward Brost

Distinct Heating & Cooling installed equipment (furnace, a/c unit) in our previous home. They also did an annual service, and a 5 year a/c cleaning. Very impressed with their technical knowledge, install and after sale service. Easily accessible via email, text, phone. Nate and his team also align themselves with credible trades (ie. 4Star Electric).
We recently purchased a new/old home and required a new furnace, water tank, and wanted an a/c unit. Upon site inspection, Nate recommended we address the electrical. I went out to other electricians to confirm. It was confirmed this was the right direction. Distinct Heating & Cooling answered all my questions, even though it was not confirmed yet that they would receive the work. Nate recommended other contractors to consider for the electrical.
They planned well; worked around our schedule; showed up on time; Distinct employees are professional, pleasant, and technically competent. They delivered. When I poked my head in where they were working, they were very good to explain what was taking place, along with what we could expect. Over the years I have seen Distinct Heating & Cooling add some very good people (internal customer-service and technicians). Well done! They were also clean. They took their boots off before entering our home and respected our property when bringing in equipment (I know this sounds trite, but we had trades walk through our home with soiled boots on).
Distinct Heating & Cooling has always gone above and beyond what was quoted/expected. They are accessible. They align themselves with competent companies. It has been a pleasure.

Job Price

Hello Mr. Brost, Thank you! You were able to sum up what Distinct strives for in a service industry. We want to be set apart by the quality & reliability of our work, the quality of our staff and the quality of other service companies that compliment our business ~ topped off by ensuring that our customers are taken care of above all else. We cannot begin to say what your endorsement means to us. I hope THANK YOU is sufficient! Lori

Myrna Lamb in Calgary

For 3 years in a row their technicians have shown up on time, look professional, very courteous & performed the service work while addressing any questions I had regarding my furnace. All had lovely personalities too! I highly recommend this company & look forward to their annual visit.

Job Price

Hello Ms. Lamb! Thank you! We certainly do look forward to seeing you each year as well! We value all of our customers and the relationships we build over the years is not underestimated by any of our staff - we know that you have stuck with us for a reason and we do not take that lightly. So thank you. We appreciate you! Lori

Liliana in Calgary

Fabulous service!
Nate walked us through the options, spending time to explain the challenges with our system and we were able to make a decision.
Jordan, the installation guy was great, very friendly and polite, and his work is very neat. He even corrected the messy wiring that we had from our home builder.
I’m very happy that I found them and I will certainly recommend them to anyone looking for furnace/HVAC work.

Job Price

Thank you Liliana! We were very glad that we could help to improve your system so that it was doing what you wanted it to. There are some simple things that can be done (like correct wiring issues) that help to improve efficiency. It's a simple fix that can help to avoid issues in the future. Thank you for trusting us! Lori

David

Very pleased with the work performed, Distinct identified issues with our existing furnace from previous improper repairs. For the quote process Nate walked us through the scenarios and options and challenges and we felt was providing a custom solution, spending plenty of time explaining the issues. The installation guys were great, worked hard all day and were friendly and polite, and the work is very neat and looks great. The follow up visit to explain in full the operation of the unit, plus lityke things like the one page checklist are really helpful. Overall, really happy with the process from start to finish. Thanks.

Job Price

Hello David, Our journeymen technicians take a lot of pride in being able to make a homeowner's comfort system work efficiently & reliably with all of their equipment - not just the new equipment that we may installing. Thank you for trusting us ~ we take that very seriously! We hope you enjoy your new A/C this summer ~ we hope to see some warmer weather soon! Lori

Alex

I'm so glad that I found Nate and his team in my search for someone to install air conditioning at my house. We had several companies come by and I was very impressed with the detail that Nate went to in order to answer my question of "what makes you different?". Once I was armed with that information I can tell you first hand that it's not comparing apples to apples in terms of what Distinct does on an install versus others. It's more like apples and oranges. It made my decision to go with Distinct very easy. Even during the installation process, Distinct went above and beyond to correct some other issues we had from some shotty electrical work from our home builder. The a/c install was done perfectly and everything was done with a high level of detail.

Overall, I am extremely please with my decision to choose Distinct and I would highly recommend to others.

Please make sure you ask Nate about what makes his installs different so you are armed with the information you need to evaluate all vendors equally. Knowing what I know now, it's clear to me that other companies are cheaper because they are cutting corners or not making sure everything is perfect.

Job Price

Hello Alex! Thank you SO much for your kind review! You really did say exactly what it is that we strive to do for our customers every time we enter someone's home - ensuring you are left with a equipment that is going to be working for you for years to come, leaving your home in a better situation than it was found (for things that are within our control). Knowing that you are happy and pleased with our work - that is the best compliment we could ever receive. Thank you! Enjoy your A/C this summer!

More about Distinct Heating & Cooling

What makes us different from other heating and cooling companies that installs or replaces furnaces, air conditioners & home automation? At Distinct Heating & Cooling, it is all about quality. We believe in doing it right the first time. We take tremendous pride in our quality and attention to detail.

WE DO MORE THAN TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE
At Distinct, we do business according to old-fashioned values.
• We stand behind our quotes; there are never any surprise charges
• We show up on time
• We keep you informed every step of the way
• Our uniformed technicians are courteous and professional
• We treat your home like it’s ours. If we wouldn’t do it in our home, then we won’t do it in yours.

WE GUARANTEE QUALITY
The highly skilled technicians at Distinct complete a strenuous four-year apprenticeship program. We take tremendous pride in the quality of our service, down to every detail of an installation or repair. Our workmanship is second to none, and we sell only top quality equipment built by leaders in the industry.

WE’LL GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE PICTURE
Whether you’re looking to replace your inefficient Calgary furnace, add air conditioning, increase the air quality in your home, or just repair your existing system, the experts at Distinct will guide you through the entire process. We will explain all your options to you upfront, in a way that will make sense to you. Then we’ll help you make the decision that works best for you so that you can feel confident about your choice.

WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
» 24/7 Emergency Furnace Repair
» A+ Rating with BBB
» Furnace Installations
» Furnace Replacements
» Furnace Repair
» Air Conditioning Installations & Repair
» New Home HVAC (full installations)
» Air Filtration
» Humidifiers
» Thermostats
» Indoor Air Quality products & testing

Our technicians are fully trained to meet all your HVAC needs.