Distinct Heating & Cooling

194 Chapalina Close SE Calgary AB T2X 3W3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Distinct Heating & Cooling
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Distinct Heating & Cooling

BrianI in Calgary

Nothing like having to trust a company that I have never used. I called on my York furnace not working ( where I bought from - they lost contract ) and Nate called me back at 8:00 PM and explained a very reasonable charge. I set up an appointment at 3 the next day. The service tech Jordan was there right at 3 and what a professional young man. He completed the almost complete inside replacement of my furnace. I was billed just what Nate explained, 160.00.
I have found a company I can TRUST!

Hello BrianI,
Thank you for calling us when you had an issue with your furnace. We try to respond to any homeowner that is in this situation as quickly as we can. We understand that being without heat can be very unsettling! Therefore we want to respond quickly and have the situation fixed as quickly as possible. You have articulated exactly what we aim for with any service call: respond quickly & get the equipment operation at a reasonable cost keeping the customer informed all the way through the process. We are very glad that we were able to take care of you!

A.Lui

We had distinct heating replace our two furnaces and hot water tank in our aging home. We found Nate to be very knowledgeable and honest about what our home needed to do the job correctly. Other companies had told us that our home could operate on one furnace when it was originally built to operate with two and Nate was very thorough explaining why that was not the best option for us. We also had been told by other companies that a tankless water system, while a huge investment, would save us money and grant us a rebate from the government. Nate also explained to us why a tankless was not an option for Calgary and had the evidence to back it up. His crew was polite and efficient and left my basement looking better than before. I would recommend distinct heating to everyone!

Hello A.Lui,
Thank you for the wonderful endorsement! You have articulated well what we strive to do for all of our customers - give the the facts and then help them make the best decision for their situation. We couldn't be happier with the results of your installation and your response is exactly what we aim for. It was such a pleasure to work in your home! Call if you should need anything. Lori

Jennyyc22

Where do I begin with how amazing of a company Distinct is! We hired them to install two bathroom vents and a new furnace. Nate the owner came to our house to assess our two projects and gave us a very fair quote (we received two other quotes). He is professional, kind and incredibly knowledgeable. His employees were always punctual and wonderful to have in our home. They worked efficiently. Nate even came to check on the status of the furnace install which was very comforting. We highly recommend Distinct and plan to use them for future housing projects!

Job Price

Hello Jenny, It was a pleasure to work in your home! We couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome of this job and we are ssoo very pleased that you are happy with it as well! We want you to have the most comfortable home possible and we are sure that the improvements you made are going to be felt for a years to come. Thank you for trusting us with your installation! Enjoy your new furnace & equipment! Lori

Brent R.

Distinct HVAC’s high ratings caught my eye on HomeStars while reviewing companies to assess and estimate my furnace and AC needs. We added them to our list of five companies whom we would invite into our home. Very quickly it became apparent who would and who would not make the list.

One was erased from the list quickly due to assuming, instead of asking, what we wanted done. Another did not know Calgary code so they were removed from our short list. A third was incredibly slow at getting back to us; when they finally did, they overwhelmed us with alternatives. We struck them from the list too. The fourth company wanted to help us save money by having us source a furnace from one big box store to save a bit while they would source the AC themselves. It seemed a bit awkward but was manageable. There was nothing bad about the company or the salesman. We also had Distinct HVAC in to talk about our needs.

Nate showed up on time; accurately assessed our needs; thoroughly explained all the facets of heating, cooling, filtration, and humidity; carefully took measurements; provided an appropriate number of options; and quoted us for exactly what we needed. No, he wasn’t the lowest bid, but would you trust your home comfort to the lowest bidder? You get what you pay for, as is the case in all of life.

His techs showed up when promised; cleaned up (literally vacuumed the work areas and stairs with their own vacuum) after finishing each day; and installed everything in a very aesthetically pleasing yet mechanically sound fashion. My dad, a gas fitter, and former maintenance supervisor at a gas plant in the foothills west of Calgary was very impressed.

When Nate came to do the post installation walk-through, he carefully showed and explained to me all of the important physical aspects of our new comfort system (AC breaker, furnace filter, humidifier filter and water valve setting; the manuals). I almost forgot— his tech broke the light switch cover during his work. so the first thing Nate did when we entered the mechanical room was to replace it with one he brought. Nice!

He also explained in great detail the use of the Ecobee3 system control unit. He detailed why he made certain settings and why we might want to alter them, based on our personal comfort preferences. He setup reminders for the filters and annual system maintenance as well to ensure a long life for our new system.

He also carefully reviewed the summer and winter checklist for the AC unit so that I understood its importance.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience. I highly recommend Nate, the two installers Landon and Kristian. as well as Lori, the coordinator who kept us in the loop all the way through the process.

Start with Nate. Don’t bring him in last.

Job Price

Hello Brent, All I can say is Wow! We cannot begin to say Thank You! The detail of your experience with our company is what we aim for with each and every customer. It has been such a pleasure working with you - from the beginning of the quote process right through to the very end of the walk-through. We are very thankful that you put your trust in us - Thank you for that! Enjoy your new home comfort system! If you need anything call or email us anytime. We are here to help! Lori

Dirk S.

The work was done very professionally and the staff was friendly.

Prior to the work commencing a representative from Distinct Heating & Cooling came to visit the house to evaluate the requirements. He also made recommendations on the location of the AC unit based on the city's by laws which I really appreciated.

The pricing was fair and overall we are very satisfied and would definitely recommend Distinct Heating & Cooling.

Hello Dirk,
Thank you for your wonderful endorsement! We want every job to be completed to all specifications by the City of Calgary and still keeping in mind what works best for our customers. We will always make suggestions to the homeowner based on city bylaws that they may not be aware of. We want the work we do to be above board with everyone we work with - from the homeowners to the city.
It was a pleasure to work in your home. We know you will enjoy your A/C next summer!

Don R.

We had two furnaces, filter units and thermostats replaced and added two a/c units. Nate and his team were knowledgeable, courteous and professional from the initial consultation and quote through the installation and final follow up. Throughout the process it was obvious that they took pride in their work and the result was a high quality installation. They were done within the time estimated and left the job site clean and tidy each day. The final bill was exactly as quoted - no surprises. We are thrilled with our new system and we have no hesitation in recommending Distinct Heating and Cooling.