Distinct Heating & Cooling

194 Chapalina Close SE Calgary AB T2X 3W3
Nate Burlando from Calgary
Owner/Manager
Nate Burlando [Full profile]
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Distinct Heating & Cooling
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Distinct Heating & Cooling

vande77

So I never write reviews, but I will for this because I was so impressed with the outcome. I had gotten a bunch of quotes and Nate himself stood out from all of them. He came across as honest and very knowledgeable. His team were on time, there was extra unforeseen work that had to be done and he did not charge extra for it and was all done on the quote he originally provided. The finished work was better then I expected and cleaner then when they had started. I will definitely use them when I have any other needs. They are not the cheapest, but you definitely get all your moneys worth.

Edward Brost

Distinct Heating & Cooling installed equipment (furnace, a/c unit) in our previous home. They also did an annual service, and a 5 year a/c cleaning. Very impressed with their technical knowledge, install and after sale service. Easily accessible via email, text, phone. Nate and his team also align themselves with credible trades (ie. 4Star Electric).
We recently purchased a new/old home and required a new furnace, water tank, and wanted an a/c unit. Upon site inspection, Nate recommended we address the electrical. I went out to other electricians to confirm. It was confirmed this was the right direction. Distinct Heating & Cooling answered all my questions, even though it was not confirmed yet that they would receive the work. Nate recommended other contractors to consider for the electrical.
They planned well; worked around our schedule; showed up on time; Distinct employees are professional, pleasant, and technically competent. They delivered. When I poked my head in where they were working, they were very good to explain what was taking place, along with what we could expect. Over the years I have seen Distinct Heating & Cooling add some very good people (internal customer-service and technicians). Well done! They were also clean. They took their boots off before entering our home and respected our property when bringing in equipment (I know this sounds trite, but we had trades walk through our home with soiled boots on).
Distinct Heating & Cooling has always gone above and beyond what was quoted/expected. They are accessible. They align themselves with competent companies. It has been a pleasure.

Job Price

Hello Mr. Brost, Thank you! You were able to sum up what Distinct strives for in a service industry. We want to be set apart by the quality & reliability of our work, the quality of our staff and the quality of other service companies that compliment our business ~ topped off by ensuring that our customers are taken care of above all else. We cannot begin to say what your endorsement means to us. I hope THANK YOU is sufficient! Lori

Myrna Lamb in Calgary

For 3 years in a row their technicians have shown up on time, look professional, very courteous & performed the service work while addressing any questions I had regarding my furnace. All had lovely personalities too! I highly recommend this company & look forward to their annual visit.

Job Price

Hello Ms. Lamb! Thank you! We certainly do look forward to seeing you each year as well! We value all of our customers and the relationships we build over the years is not underestimated by any of our staff - we know that you have stuck with us for a reason and we do not take that lightly. So thank you. We appreciate you! Lori

Liliana in Calgary

Fabulous service!
Nate walked us through the options, spending time to explain the challenges with our system and we were able to make a decision.
Jordan, the installation guy was great, very friendly and polite, and his work is very neat. He even corrected the messy wiring that we had from our home builder.
I’m very happy that I found them and I will certainly recommend them to anyone looking for furnace/HVAC work.

Job Price

Thank you Liliana! We were very glad that we could help to improve your system so that it was doing what you wanted it to. There are some simple things that can be done (like correct wiring issues) that help to improve efficiency. It's a simple fix that can help to avoid issues in the future. Thank you for trusting us! Lori

David

Very pleased with the work performed, Distinct identified issues with our existing furnace from previous improper repairs. For the quote process Nate walked us through the scenarios and options and challenges and we felt was providing a custom solution, spending plenty of time explaining the issues. The installation guys were great, worked hard all day and were friendly and polite, and the work is very neat and looks great. The follow up visit to explain in full the operation of the unit, plus lityke things like the one page checklist are really helpful. Overall, really happy with the process from start to finish. Thanks.

Job Price

Hello David, Our journeymen technicians take a lot of pride in being able to make a homeowner's comfort system work efficiently & reliably with all of their equipment - not just the new equipment that we may installing. Thank you for trusting us ~ we take that very seriously! We hope you enjoy your new A/C this summer ~ we hope to see some warmer weather soon! Lori

Alex

I'm so glad that I found Nate and his team in my search for someone to install air conditioning at my house. We had several companies come by and I was very impressed with the detail that Nate went to in order to answer my question of "what makes you different?". Once I was armed with that information I can tell you first hand that it's not comparing apples to apples in terms of what Distinct does on an install versus others. It's more like apples and oranges. It made my decision to go with Distinct very easy. Even during the installation process, Distinct went above and beyond to correct some other issues we had from some shotty electrical work from our home builder. The a/c install was done perfectly and everything was done with a high level of detail.

Overall, I am extremely please with my decision to choose Distinct and I would highly recommend to others.

Please make sure you ask Nate about what makes his installs different so you are armed with the information you need to evaluate all vendors equally. Knowing what I know now, it's clear to me that other companies are cheaper because they are cutting corners or not making sure everything is perfect.

Job Price

Hello Alex! Thank you SO much for your kind review! You really did say exactly what it is that we strive to do for our customers every time we enter someone's home - ensuring you are left with a equipment that is going to be working for you for years to come, leaving your home in a better situation than it was found (for things that are within our control). Knowing that you are happy and pleased with our work - that is the best compliment we could ever receive. Thank you! Enjoy your A/C this summer!

I called the company that had sold and installed our furnace among other things too but I was told they don't service our system anymore? They gave me "Distinct" phone number. Nate said he would be here that same morning and indeed was and early too. He did his inspection, went and picked up parts and within just a few hours , we had heat... He is a very nice person and we felt at ease right away with him. we are both senior citizens and he was very concerned that we had been without heat over night. Service was fabulous and would definitely call him again and certainly pass on the company name to anyone.

Job Price

Hello! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Nate (as well as all of our technicians) are very aware that these types of calls need to be high on our priority list. We do not want any of our customers to be without heat and want to minimize any downtime you may experience. We are very thankful that we could help you out & get your furnace up and running in a very short time-frame.

David in Calgary

Woke up early in the AM I January to freezing cold house. I came to find my furnace was not operating properly and would not fire up. A call around to different HVAC companies and Distinct Heating and cooling answered the call and had a technician enroute within 1 hour. The issue was rectified at a fraction of what others that I know have had the same issue. I was very impressed with the Proffesionalism and courtesy of Didtinct Heating and Cooling. Two thumbs way up!!!

Chris in Toronto

Our Furnace stopped working and after sending several requests for repair to various companies Nate Burlando @ Distinct Heating called me within 30 minutes to say that he could have someone come to our home that afternoon to take a look. Jordan arrived on time and diagnosed the issue immediately, he had the parts in his truck and repaired within 30 minutes. Professional, trustworthy & affordable sum up Distinct Heating....I'd recommend Nate and his team to anyone needing furnace repairs.

Job Price

Hello Chris, When your furnace stops working on one of the colder days of the year - it can really throw your day off. Our technicians realize what that is like and work very hard to do whatever they can to get to our customers that have no heat! We are thankful that your wait time was very minimal and we could take care of your issue so quickly! Your recommendation means the world to us! Thank you! Lori

Carl in Calgary

My wife and I recently put our Furnace/AC/Hot Water tank replacement out to bid with three companies including Distinct. Of the three companies Nate was the most thorough in the description of what we needed (and did not need) and took a lot of time explaining the equipment, sizing of it, etc. We awarded them the job and couldn't be happier. The install was great with Jordan and Landon going above and beyond to install everything. Neat and clean and very professional. The York furnace is as advertised. Absolutely should use these guys.

Job Price

Thank you Carl! It was a pleasure to work in your home! Thank you for trusting us with your installation! Taking a little extra time up front helps us to ensure that the job flows smoothly and that both our customers and our staff know exactly what to expect! We are sure you are going to be happy with your new furnace, A/C & HWH for a very long time! Enjoy! Lori

More about Distinct Heating & Cooling

What makes us different from other heating and cooling companies that installs or replaces furnaces, air conditioners & home automation? At Distinct Heating & Cooling, it is all about quality. We believe in doing it right the first time. We take tremendous pride in our quality and attention to detail.

WE DO MORE THAN TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE
At Distinct, we do business according to old-fashioned values.
• We stand behind our quotes; there are never any surprise charges
• We show up on time
• We keep you informed every step of the way
• Our uniformed technicians are courteous and professional
• We treat your home like it’s ours. If we wouldn’t do it in our home, then we won’t do it in yours.

WE GUARANTEE QUALITY
The highly skilled technicians at Distinct complete a strenuous four-year apprenticeship program. We take tremendous pride in the quality of our service, down to every detail of an installation or repair. Our workmanship is second to none, and we sell only top quality equipment built by leaders in the industry.

WE’LL GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE PICTURE
Whether you’re looking to replace your inefficient Calgary furnace, add air conditioning, increase the air quality in your home, or just repair your existing system, the experts at Distinct will guide you through the entire process. We will explain all your options to you upfront, in a way that will make sense to you. Then we’ll help you make the decision that works best for you so that you can feel confident about your choice.

WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
» 24/7 Emergency Furnace Repair
» A+ Rating with BBB
» Furnace Installations
» Furnace Replacements
» Furnace Repair
» Air Conditioning Installations & Repair
» New Home HVAC (full installations)
» Air Filtration
» Humidifiers
» Thermostats
» Indoor Air Quality products & testing

Our technicians are fully trained to meet all your HVAC needs.