Distinct Heating & Cooling

194 Chapalina Close SE Calgary AB T2X 3W3
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Calgary  >  Distinct Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Distinct Heating & Cooling

Excellent - Professionalism/Customer Service/Quality

I believe that it is important to share positive or negative information about contractors that do work for you as it tends to benefit all consumers and forces contractors to work to a higher standard in quality workmanship, products, customer service and ethics. Companies like Distinct HVAC need to be recognized for their efforts in these areas and great work in the community.

After talking to several HVAC companies, there left no doubt that I should go with Distinct HVAC. From the initial meeting with Nate right through to the actual install and clean-up what I got was nothing short of phenomenal! Satisfied beyond expectations. I myself am considered to be a very particular consumer that asks for a lot of details (I have a technical background). Some would say I am very fussy. I just believe in getting the best value possible for the money I spend (not necessarily the cheapest). Before the actual install, I did call Nate numerous times to get clarification on every detail. Distinct HVAC were not the cheapest, but I just believed are among the best, if not the best in Calgary. Nate is very knowledgeable (as are the people working for him). He is quite capable of going into every technical detail and aspect if one wanted that kind of thing. We were looking to replace our 15 year old mid efficiency furnace with something a little better. Nate was not the least bit pushy and was perfectly willing to install what I was originally looking at, but after having all the details explained (pros/cons, cost/benefit etc.), I decided to go for the best high-end furnace that he recommended for what I wanted to achieve. I also got a replacement for the A/C coil in the furnace to match with the furnace because it was never done right. It was originally installed by one of the biggest, recognized HVAC companies in Calgary). I told Nate, that I wanted to also upgrade my thermostat to something better even though I already had an electronic programmable Honeywell. He suggested something that I did not know about (not Nest). He is personally familiar with the thermostat he suggested and had me go out and buy it myself to save money (even though he sold and installed a much more expensive professional grade Honeywell). It’s quite obvious that he is extremely honest and ethical and actually does believe in quality of product, workmanship and customer service. I also had them install my new thermostat and set everything up. Nate, as well as his crew, Landon (and I believe Ed) that did the work at my place were thoroughly professional, friendly and great to work with. They were very respectful and paid attention to detail and left everything very clean. Final invoice was exactly the same as quote even though the actual install was extremely challenging. Offered to pay more but was declined by Nate. I knew how difficult the install was. This is honesty and ethics!

Anyone who sees the installation will immediately see that the workmanship and quality of the install is superior. Many features of the installation go beyond the basic minimum requirements.
The entire heating and humidifier system (have not had a chance to test the A/C yet) works perfectly and is very balanced and comfortable throughout the house. I hardly hear it running unless I go to the furnace room and it continuously maintains a very comfortable level in the whole house. It seems to hardly be running and I’m sure will definitely translate into significant heating/cooling savings. I am recommending everyone I know to get an estimate and talk to Nate if you are in the market for anything HVAC related. You won’t regret it. There is a reason why these guys are rated so highly and have great reviews on Homestars and the Better Business Bureau A+ rating.
Note: I don't know Distinct HVAC or Nate from the past before this experience with them.

Sam Y.

geoff in Calgary
geoff in Calgary

Furnace and Air Conditioning

I have the utmost pleasure to recommend Distinct Heating + Cooling as they exceeded all of our expectations. From the start, Nate willingly shared his extensive expertise and knowledge while thoroughly answering all our questions. While in the beginning our research was based more on price ( we got more than one quote), but after our quote discussion it was clear that Distinct was the one to go with for numerous reasons:
* products came with excellent warranty
* Distinct supports warranty with yearly maintenance
* only installs York brand therefore high expertise in this product
* provided solutions to a complicated install and made it work

As for the install, the technicians were on time, courteous and a pleasure to have in our home. They were respectful, kept work area clean and had a strong work ethic ( long install - took 10 hours).
After install was complete, the technicians provided training on our new Ecobee thermostat and made sure we knew how to work this device.

Finally, Nate booked a follow-up appointment to go over the install and answer any further questions we had. He sincerely cares about customer service and is always asking how they can improve. For a such major purchase, I felt very comfortable and had no reservations or concerns.

It was all the little things that sets this company apart from the rest. For example, they sent us a message before their arrival that included a picture of the technician who would be installing our furnace. Distinct has truly earned their 10 star rating.

Hello Geoff, Thank you so much for the review! Nate & all of our journeyman technicians take a tremendous amount of pride in ensuring any installation is completed above and beyond what is considered "standard". We believe that part of what makes us different for other companies is our customer service and paying attention to all the small details. We want our clients to feel that they have our full attention and that they are being taken care of - 110%! We are thankful that you have experienced this with us! Enjoy your furnace & A/C this summer! Lori

Sandra from Calgary
Sandra from Calgary

Furnace tune up

Renters complained furnace was not responsive. Contacted Distinct Heating and Cooling and spoke with Nate (owner?). He was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Ed was the assigned furnace technician and he was not only courteous but also very knowledgable. Overall I was impressed with this company's communication and professionalism; so much that I am getting them to come in to give me a quote to replace the furnace in my own home. I highly recommend contacting Distinct Heating and Cooling if you have any furnace issues.

Hello Sandra, Thank you so much! When a customer is in a position of having furnace issues & heat loss, sometimes it is hard to make those difficult choices. Our technicians are all journeymen and are able to help walk you through what needs immediate attention and you what might be able to wait a little longer on. Also, Thank you for trusting us to come by to give you a quote for a new furnace for your home as well! That is one of the best compliments we can receive!

Ron G in Calgary
Ron G in Calgary

Furnace replacement

Job well done, on budget, on time . Removing old furnace and intalling new one with humidifier and state-of-the art termostat . Plolite and friendly staff. Really professional. I reccomend!

Hello Ron, Thank you very much ~ It was a pleasure to work in your home! We were incredibly pleased with the outcome of your installation and to know that you are pleased as well - that is just the icing on the cake! I hope you are enjoying the new system!

Install of high efficiency furnace

Nate from Distinct came to give us a quote and was very informative. We learned that Nate was the owner of the company and when he is the one who gives the quote, you know he really cares about giving his customers the best service.

He explained how our HVAC system works and recommended two models that would best fit our home along with a new humidifier. He explained to us the work they would do, how they would do it, what type of warranty comes with the furnace and showed photos of similar work they have done.

Distinct's workmanship was superb when the installation was complete. The technician did exactly what they said they would do and left the place cleaner than it was. Nate even stopped by after the install to spend time to teach us how to use our new thermostat.

Highly recommend Distinct if you want the job done right.

Hello, Thank you so much! When our customers are this happy with our work and leave us a review like this - we couldn't be more grateful! We believe that each home is to be treated like our own home - with care, a plan & the best job possible. We hope you enjoy your new furnace! Lori

Margaret from Calgary
Margaret from Calgary

Top Notch Company

When both our furnaces stopped working Nate (the owner) Ed, Landon and Christian were the technicians involved in assessing and replacing a motor in one of our furnaces and installing a completely one. All were most personable, prompt, knowledgeable, efficient, clean and careful in their work. Throughout the service the coordinator, Lori, kept us well informed and we are very happy with the new furnace equipment. We would have no hesitation in recommending the company 'Distinct' to anyone looking to solve a heating or cooling problem.

Hello Margaret,
Thank you so much! When our customers are happy enough with our work to leave us a review like this - we couldn't be more grateful. We believe that each home is to be treated like our own home - with care & doing our best work. Each of our customers deserve only the best! Enjoy your new furnace this winter! Lori

nltremblay in Calgary
nltremblay in Calgary

Replacing furnace in crawl space

Nate and his team, Landon and Christian, were professional, punctual and very competent. Our two furnaces and ductwork were a disaster. Not only were they very old (our house was built in '59) but they were in the deepest recess of a 4 foot crawl space. We had 3 quotes. One company just told us they wouldn't touch it, the other seemed almost in a panic about the project and weren't sure if how they would do it. Nate come in with such confidence, showing us Before and After photos of a job almost exactly like ours and gave us the number of the client so we could call her. We did and she had rave reviews. For a week, Landon and Christian worked in that horribly cramped and dirty space first dismantling the old and then custom building new ductwork and installing one high-efficiency furnace to replace our old two. Not only was the job beautifully done, but the crawl space was spotless when they left. They used a shop vac to vacuum 50 years of debris, old cement, as well as everything leading to the furnace AND vacuumed the family room! I have worked in the crawl space to store things and to organize and after an hour, my back and knees are done. These professionals worked there 8 hours a day for a week. I was home at the time and could hear them and never once did they swear, despite bumping their heads on the beams more than once. I was SO impressed by this company from start to finish. If I could give 15 out of 10 stars, I would.

Hello Nltremblay, Thank you so very much! Yes, the installation job in your home was a wee bit challenging - but at no point did we think that it wasn't do-able! We are very happy with the outcome of this job & we are even more pleased that you are happy with it as well. Our technicians are the face of our company to many of our customers - they all are courteous and professional in all situations - and we are thankful for them as well! Thank you for trusting us to be in your home - we are sure that you will be very happy with your new heating system in your home! Enjoy it!

3 reviews Delta, BC

Furnace/AC rough-in

We just moved to Calgary and the property we purchased needed an updated heating system. Our daughter and her husband recommended Distinct Heating & Cooling on the basis of their excellent experience with the company. From the time we first met with Nate Burlando when he came to assess our needs and provide a quote until yesterday when the job was completed we were confident we had made the right decision. A detailed quote was provided along with an estimated time of installation and, in fact, they were able to move up the installation date due to a cancellation. The technicians, Landon and Christian, were right on time, installed the furnace and had it up and running by the afternoon of Day 1 (very important as the outside temperature was -10C), returned on Day 2 to complete the installation which included rough-in of an A/C system, replacement of CO/smoke detectors, a humidifier and a new thermostat, all of which was completed on time in accordance with the original estimate and the price came in exactly as quoted. Landon and Christian provided excellent workmanship and left the work area spotless when they left. It has been a real pleasure working with Nate and his team and we would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Hello Freyr! Thank you very much for your wonderful words! The goal for all of our staff is to help you with the best of everything - knowledge, professionalism, and quality. We are very happy that you are pleased with the furnace installation in your home and the quality of our work. We always want to finish each job knowing that you are comfortable, have safe & efficient equipment and that you know how to operate it! Enjoy it all this winter!

More about Distinct Heating & Cooling

What makes us different from other heating and cooling companies that installs or replaces furnaces, air conditioners & home automation? At Distinct Heating & Cooling, it is all about quality. We believe in doing it right the first time. We take tremendous pride in our quality and attention to detail.

At Distinct, we do business according to old-fashioned values.
• We stand behind our quotes; there are never any surprise charges
• We show up on time
• We keep you informed every step of the way
• Our uniformed technicians are courteous and professional
• We treat your home like it’s ours. If we wouldn’t do it in our home, then we won’t do it in yours.

The highly skilled technicians at Distinct complete a strenuous four-year apprenticeship program. We take tremendous pride in the quality of our service, down to every detail of an installation or repair. Our workmanship is second to none, and we sell only top quality equipment built by leaders in the industry.

Whether you’re looking to replace your inefficient Calgary furnace, add air conditioning, increase the air quality in your home, or just repair your existing system, the experts at Distinct will guide you through the entire process. We will explain all your options to you upfront, in a way that will make sense to you. Then we’ll help you make the decision that works best for you so that you can feel confident about your choice.

» 24/7 Emergency Furnace Repair
» A+ Rating with BBB
» Furnace Installations
» Furnace Replacements
» Furnace Repair
» Air Conditioning Installations & Repair
» New Home HVAC (full installations)
» Air Filtration
» Humidifiers
» Thermostats
» Indoor Air Quality products & testing

Our technicians are fully trained to meet all your HVAC needs.

Heating & Air Conditioning and Home Automation
Furnaces, Air Handlers, HRV, Air Conditioners, Humidifiers, Thermostats, UV Lights, Air Purifiers.
HVAC Installation. Service & repair of all makes & models. Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation, Ductwork, Humidifiers, Thermostats, Indoor Air Quality.
York, Honeywell, LifeBreath, General Aire, Sanuvox, Aprilaire, Rheem, Lennox, Carrier, Goodman, Amana, American Standard, Bryant, Tempstar, Heil, Armstrong, Coleman. Service all brands.
Visa, MasterCard, Cheque, Cash, Financing
Best warranties in the business!