Reviews for Distinct Heating & Cooling

Brandon in Calgary
Brandon in Calgary

New Furnace Installation

I met Nate down at the Calgary Fall Home Show and we discussed my options for replacing my 26 year old furnace. Out of ever company representative I talked to about options for furnace replacement, Nate was definitively the most knowledgeable. I left my contact information with him and was contacted the very next day to set up an in-home estimate.
When Nate came to my house, he spent an hour going over all the options and fine details needed to meet my specific requirements, without trying to upsell me on unnecessary products. Side note - the other two in-home consultations I had from other companies spent about 10-15 minutes at my place and provided me with limited feedback, one of which didn't even follow through with sending an estimate!
During installation, the Distinct team always arrived on time, were very careful with the removal of the old furnace, installed the new furnace with perfection, and cleaned up so well that my house was actually cleaner than before they started!
The final invoice had no hidden fees and was exactly the same as the estimate provided. I am undoubtedly happy with Distinct's superior quality of service and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.
Thank you Nate, Chad, and the rest of the team!

Hello Brandon, Thank you so much! You have articulated what we expect from our team right from first introduction all the way through to the process to when we have completed work in your home. We expect that our team will help you understand the what options are available to you, how that will be accomplished in your home and then when we get there - you are left in better shape than when we got there! We are very thankful for your review and appreciate the time you took to send it in!

Denise in Calgary
Denise in Calgary

Furnace stopped working

We has Distinct Heating and Cooling install AC in June 2018 and they did a great job. Unfortunately our older furnace (installed by another company) was giving us some trouble and I texted Nate about it. He was right on it and with some good trouble shooting by two technicians, they found the problem and we had a working furnace again. The service was very prompt and the technicians were very respectful and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone. They deliver top notch customer service.

Hello Denise, We understand how unnerving it can be when your furnace stops working - and it's cold outside! You need it up and running as soon as possible - but you need it to operate safely, reliably and efficiently too. All of our technicians are trained journeymen and they know what to look for, how to fix it and keeping you informed along the way. Thank you for your placing your trust in us! Enjoy your warm home! Lori

Dave
Dave

New Furnace, A/C, Air Filter, and Water Heater, and service

I had not planned to write a review, but something happened recently to change my mind.

About a year ago, Distinct gave me a quote to replace an old furnace, hot water heater, and install a new air conditioner. It was not the lowest, but Nate spent a lot of his time to explain to my wife and I what had to be done, and why, as well as exploring some options. We took several months to decide and Nate was very patient and helpful while we waffled.

The installation went exactly as planned, with a minimum of issues. Ok, a couple of almost inconsequential things. We had a dip switch on a control board that was set wrong, and an overpressure cutout on the A/C. Each time Nate dispatched someone the same day the the issues were addressed in minutes.

I still didn't want to write a review.

Then last week I broke the Air Filter. I still have no idea what I did but I busted it. (I believe it was an ID-10.T error...) Nate was impressed, he didn't think it could even be broken.
I called Distinct expecting bad news, and a steep repair price, since it was entirely my fault. But Nate had one of the technicians stop by my house and drop the parts off before I even got home from work that day. He charged me the minimum amount possible.

Service: 10 out of 10

Hello Dave, Thank you for writing this review for us. It means a lot to us that you took the time to do this. Also, we couldn't be more pleased with what you have experienced with our company! It is our goal to take care of each of our customers as if they were the only one that we have. We know you put a lot of time into your research, the equipment that you wanted installed in your home, and what you expect from a service company ~ and our aim is to exceed that ~ as much as we possibly can. We know we are not perfect, but we will always correct what was incorrect, fix what was broken and help you whenever we can with things that like the air filter - it was a mistake and we are glad that we could help. Enjoy your new systems! Lori

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Furnace Replacement

We had Nate and his crew replace our furnaces and hot water tank. Our furnace room is tight (an understatement) and right in the middle of our house. It was not an easy job that required ripping out and replacing the chimney all the way up through the attic/roof. Nate and his crew completed the work, on budget, a day earlier than they estimated. They also coordinated the inspection with the roofing company so we didn’t have to worry about it. As much as we don’t like having to have a furnace company out for visits, it’s always a pleasure to see Nate and his crew and with the new equipment, I expect our visits will only be annually for quite some time.

Hello, We are so glad that your job went as smoothly as it did! If a job has a few twists and turns that we are aware of and we give it a little extra time, and things go smoothly - well, it's better to have the extra time and not need it rather than to not take that into account and then be pressed to get the job done which is when mistakes will happen. Thank you for having us in your home. We are happy you are pleased with the outcome! And yes, we expect that we will only be seeing you annually now as well! Enjoy the heat this winter! Lori

Shawny in Calgary
Shawny in Calgary

Air Conditioning System

I was very happy with the professional services I received from Distinct Heating & Cooling. They were recommended to me by a neighbor. I was given different options to ensure optimal performance which I appreciated. Very happy with my Air Conditioner!! Thanks so much Nate & Staff.

Hello Shawny, We are so appreciative of your neighbour for suggesting our business to you! We always want to ensure that our customers know exactly what all their options are. Our job is to make sure that you know what those are and then help you to make the best decision for your particular situation. Thank you for trusting us with installing AC system in your home - we are sure that you will be happy with it for a very long time! Have a great summer! Lori

Rob & Sheila in Calgary
Rob & Sheila in Calgary

Air Conditioner Installed

We had Nate and his guys install a two new Furnaces in our home about 5 years ago. We finally decided to install an Air Conditioner and after calling around, we met with Nate again. While Distinct Heating and Cooling sure wasn't the cheapest, we knew they did an excellent job and wired everything correctly and made sure all piping, electrical etc. would look very clean and perfect. As we have a large house with Walkout, we were concerned the top floor would get cool enough, but Nate suggested a remote for the bedroom that would adjust to the temperature in our bedroom.

With this summer being one of the hottest, making this decision in June was the best thing we did. Vey satisfied with the work performed!

Hello Rob & Sheila, Thank you so much! When one of our customers comes back to us and asks for help with HVAC to address a different concern in their home - we take that as a huge compliment! Since you have been with us for a few years now, you also get to see us regularly for the yearly maintenance etc etc - which also gives you a unique insight into our staff and service. Thank you for trusting us - once again - to help make your home comfortable for you all year long. We are very sure that you will enjoy having AC for many many years. And with our changing weather - It seems to be a good time to invest in it!

tombeale in Okotoks
tombeale in Okotoks

Airco Install

(403) 477-3810
194 Chapalina Close SE
Calgary
AB
T2X 3W3

The process was very easy and professionally conducted throughout - from setting appointments, being strictly on time right through to a high quality completion. Staff were very courteous, professional and left the working area cleaner than they found it. The system has been up and running for a month and we are extremely happy overall and would recommend Distinct for anyone's airco needs!

Hello Mr. Beale, Thank you so much! It's hard to believe it has been a month already since we installed at your home. We are very glad to hear that you are enjoying your new air conditioning system and we were very happy with how smoothly the install went. I hope that you enjoy the rest of the summer with some cooler temps at home - it looks like it is shaping up to be a warm one! Lori

craig
craig

Service

Nate and his team went over and above for our family to ensure the integrity of our HVAC remained post basement renovation. This group understand the science of HVAC, focuses on quality and provides fantastic customer service. Highly recommend them.

Hello Craig, Thank you for the wonderful endorsement! You have articulated what we strive to do for all of our customers ~ pay attetion to all the details! We couldn't be happier with the results of the work completed in your home ~ and we are very pleased that you are happy with it as well! It was such a pleasure to work in your home. We hope you have a wonderful summer! Lori

A/C Installation

After receiving multiple quotes we decided to go with DISTINCT HEATING & COOLING. The quote they provided was clean and presented various options for consideration. They performed the work in a timely manner and their work was very neat and tidy. We would definitely recommend DISTINCT HEATING & COOLING.

Richard & Carole Jackson

Hello Richard & Carole,
We are ssoo pleased that you are happy with our install in your home! We believe that each home is to be treated like our own home - with care & doing the best job possible ~ because every customer deserves our best! It was a pleasure to work with you & enjoy your A/C this summer!! Lori

denise in Edmont
denise in Edmont

central air conditioning unit installed

We had an AC unit installed in our home in June and were very pleased with Distinct Heating and Cooling. The company was recommended to us by our contractor who did our house renovation. Nate was professional, friendly and there was no hard sell. He offered us the best option for our home. The installation went smoothly and we are enjoying our now cool house! Thank you to Lori in the office who got our electrical inspection set up so quickly. We would highly recommend this company and already have.

Hello Denise! We have a good majority of our clients come to us as referrals. We believe that is the best testimony as to how our clients view us - so a huge Thank You! to you for referring us to your family and friends! Our overall company goal is to do our absolute best job - one customer at a time. It has been such a pleasure to work with you on this project! Enjoy your AC this summer! Lori

More about Distinct Heating & Cooling

What makes us different from other heating and cooling companies that installs or replaces furnaces, air conditioners & home automation? At Distinct Heating & Cooling, it is all about quality. We believe in doing it right the first time. We take tremendous pride in our quality and attention to detail.

WE DO MORE THAN TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE
At Distinct, we do business according to old-fashioned values.
• We stand behind our quotes; there are never any surprise charges
• We show up on time
• We keep you informed every step of the way
• Our uniformed technicians are courteous and professional
• We treat your home like it’s ours. If we wouldn’t do it in our home, then we won’t do it in yours.

WE GUARANTEE QUALITY
The highly skilled technicians at Distinct complete a strenuous four-year apprenticeship program. We take tremendous pride in the quality of our service, down to every detail of an installation or repair. Our workmanship is second to none, and we sell only top quality equipment built by leaders in the industry.

WE’LL GIVE YOU THE COMPLETE PICTURE
Whether you’re looking to replace your inefficient Calgary furnace, add air conditioning, increase the air quality in your home, or just repair your existing system, the experts at Distinct will guide you through the entire process. We will explain all your options to you upfront, in a way that will make sense to you. Then we’ll help you make the decision that works best for you so that you can feel confident about your choice.

WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
» 24/7 Emergency Furnace Repair
» A+ Rating with BBB
» Furnace Installations
» Furnace Replacements
» Furnace Repair
» Air Conditioning Installations & Repair
» New Home HVAC (full installations)
» Air Filtration
» Humidifiers
» Thermostats
» Indoor Air Quality products & testing

Our technicians are fully trained to meet all your HVAC needs.