HomeStars  >  Gazebos & Sheds in North York  >  Summerwood Products

Reviews for Summerwood Products

gag4406 in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Great website and very easy to deal with. We had some scheduling issues but they were resolved very quickly. The kit was delivered promptly and well packaged on a pallet which was carefully offloaded unto our driveway. Our contractor put it up in one day and then installed our siding and shingles to match our house the next day. The end product is very sturdy and it matches the house beautifully. Check out the pic.

Thank you for your lovely note! We apologize for the scheduling issues but we are glad that we could make up for it with our services. Kudos to your contractor for assembling it in just one day. Your shed looks beautiful and we hope you enjoy it for years to come.

Dennis Levesque from Scarborough

I love my shed!! This is a superior product, which looks great with a cedar shake shingle roof. The only issue I had with the entire project (I purchased a pre-fabricated unit with walls and floor pre-made) was the difficult-to-read instructions, which cater only to full build. But, in the end I love it!

Hi Dennis, thank you for the positive and helpful feedback. I hope you took advantage of our telephone support for any questions that you had.
I also wanted to let you know that we will have our engineering team look at the instructions to see how we can make the experience go more smoothly for future customers. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Ordered a pre built shed which was quite straight forward. Had a bit of a problem with the building inspector because plywood in the walls was not delivered. Would have been easier if wood was marked on drawings and on wood.

Thank you very much for your feedback and sorry to hear about the trouble with your inspectors. Your suggestions are good ones and I will pass them along and follow up with our customer service team.
Thanks again

Gentili in Toronto

We love our shed. Don, Edwin and Derek(who was here for first day only) were incredible. This was a great experience from the moment we stepped into the showroom and met with John Hickey. He was so patient with us and very knowledgeable. The crew was amazing. They cleaned up afterwards and were so respectful of our property. I will definitely be recommending Summerwood to everyone.
Thank you from Tina and Anthony.

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our services. Your message will be passed on to John, Derek, Don, Edwin and the rest of the team. All the best and enjoy your Summerwood shed!

Ward in Brampton
1 review Caledon, ON

Purchased our first Summerwood about 10-years ago for our home in Mississauga. It was a Palmerston model and the cornerstone for our back-yard design. We loved it! We moved to Caledon 2-years ago, and found the thing we missed the most about our previous home was the Summerwood! We purchased a Glen Echo in the spring of this year. The Summerwood team worked closely with us to do some customization to the design, and the outcome is superb! It is gorgeous and the level of quality is even better since our last build. If we move again, and I am certain we will, another Summerwood will be included in the plan. Love the team at Summerwood, and the product is second to none.

Thank you, for the kind words. We are glad that you had a good experience with us and are enjoying your new Summerwood design. Expecting to hear from you soon… All the best!

Mark Schiller in Caledon
3 reviews Caledon, ON

I have bought a lot of sheds in my day but after using Summerwood they will be the only company I use in the future. The quality of the product and the superior customer service from order to installation was an exceptional experience. Great designs to choose from and they worked closely in co-ordinating there work with the Deck Store and Paul Lefrance Designs. The perfect centre piece which combines the best quality ,detail and design.

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you are happy with our services. Your garden shed looks amazing and absolutely adds beauty to your backyard. We are excited to work with you again and hope to hear from you soon.

Here’s an example of what it is like dealing with Summerwood. It’s the May 24th weekend, Saturday, a gorgeous day. Everyone has gone to the cottage. We have started to build our Summerwood shed and realise we have received an incorrect piece. We called the helpline and they find somebody who is willing to give up their holiday, go in and make another piece for us. It is delivered early the next day by a really lovely man who gave us the impression that his sole purpose in life was to please us. Later we found out that he should have already left the city to celebrate his wedding anniversary. This is the amazing service Summerwood provide.

Their sheds are top quality. We are 4 women, average age 61 years. We put together the 5-sided Catalina shed, which is considered to be the hardest project. It turned out beautifully and the video and instructions guided us step by step through the process.
We would highly recommend this company and their products. Our small downtown garden has been transformed by the addition of our beautiful new shed that we take great pride in having built ourselves. Thank you Summerwood.

Thank you so much for your lovely words. We will make sure we pass on your feedback to our team. We are equally impressed with your accomplishment. Because of the roof pattern, the Catalina can be one of our trickier buildings. And voila – you did it. Women power!

Richard in Toronto

I ordered my new cedar shed back in October last year. The design process was very easy and took no time at all. I then visited the head office to place my order with John Hickey.

The shed was then installed in April, 2017 and, again, the process was very smooth. The company dismantled and disposed of my existing shed and then the installation was completed in one day.

I am very pleased with my shed. It is a great addition to my garden.

Hi Richard, I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with us and that you're happy with our Summerwood design. Thank you so much for the kind words and let us know if there is anything that we can help you with in the future. All the best and enjoy the summer!

laura in
1 review Kearney, ON

Summerwood was an excellent company to have plan and build our bunkie at our cottage. All staff were very professional and helped us through the process from start to finish answering all our questions and addresssing any concerns. The builders who put up the cottage were professional and expedient. We are the envy of all our neighbours. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Thank you Laura, it's always a pleasure to receive comments like yours! Enjoy your beautiful bunkie and please, send along some photos if you have a few minutes.

Rodney Daw in Toronto

A friend who is a professional landscaper recommended we check out Summerwood as we talked about building a shed as a practical and beauty garden element . We spent some quality time discussing the design with a very knowledgable employee and opted to buy and have an 8x12' structure built . My landscaping friend prepared the site and as planned two very efficient carpenters from Summerwood built the structure in 8 hours . I'm having fun preparing the interior to be a workshop and will stain the exterior and build shutters and flower boxes . We couldn't be happier with the quality and the great service .

Rodney, we are delighted to hear that you are pleased with your building and the work of our installation team. Thank you for the feedback! Let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future. Enjoy your beautiful workshop!

More about Summerwood Products

Summerwood Products has been designing and building architecturally styled garden structures for almost 25 years. Our designs include garden and storage sheds, cedar gazebos, pool cabanas, small cabins, garages, home studios, and more. We are 100% committed to offering our customers terrific service, an excellent product, and good value. Our website features photos of over 3,000 projects, all submitted to us over the years by delighted customers, many of whom we now call friends.