HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Etobicoke  >  Sub Zero Fridge Repair Toronto

Reviews for Sub Zero Fridge Repair Toronto

Daniel
Daniel

Be careful and verify pricing

Below is my experience with this company. I am summarizing this as factually as I can so readers can judge for themselves.

Our fridge was not cooling properly during a very hot weekend and after quick online research I called Sub Zero Fridge Repair Toronto. I was surprised Jessie picked up during the weekend and in fact, he came quickly that day for which I felt grateful. He asked that I pay a service call of $120 which I agreed to. Upon arrival, he performed a system pressure test which failed and quickly concluded that the evaporator needs replacing. He said the repair would cost $1,300 plus the service call and tax. The cost seemed very high so being skeptical at the amount, I asked him a few questions in order to understand whether the amount was justified. His responses were blunt and firm. I asked him: what was the cost of the part. He responded $450 plus taxes. I also asked him what was the repair time to which he responded approximately $1.5 h. Considering a weekend I asked him if he would be willing to complete the repair for $1,000. He replied no and that there wasn't enough margin. I asked him if he was willing to roll the service cost in the cost of the repair to which he responded that he couldn't. He also insisted that if I decided to perform the repair later, I would have to pay another service call. I thought this to be extremely unreasonable and having lost all confidence I told him that I wasn't able to satisfy myself with the pricing and that I wanted to check with other companies during the week. I followed him to his car and he showed me that he had an original subzero evaporator available as he had expected this to be the problem.

I called Subzero the next business day and they recommended another company that was factory certified. They confirmed Sub Zero Fridge Repair was unknown to them and that they weren't factory certified. I also called an appliance repair and care company to obtain a quote. Both quotes for an evaporator replacement were significantly lower than the quote from Sub Zero Fridge Repair.

I decided to use the factory certified company. A team of two showed up and after an inspection, they determined the system had run low on freon for a long time which causes the oil in the compressor to leak into the evaporator. This, according to the service team, rendered the compressor at high risk of failure because it ran low on oil for an extended period of time. They determined that both the compressor and the evaporator required replacing for a long lasting repair. This was not identified by Jessie as a potential issue. I did some online research and found this is normal.

Most importantly, the Factory Certified company was able to replace the evaporator, compressor and heat exchanger at a lower price in aggregate than what Jessie quoted for an evap replacement.

I believe Jessie tried to take advantage of my situation. I highly recommend you do your homework when dealing with him. I'm very happy I didn't deal with him in the end.

nielsentom
nielsentom

Sub-zero fridge

Jessie was extremely professional, efficient and pleasant. He addressed our Sub Zero fridge problems quickly and spent extra time cleaning up. We couldn’t ask for more!

aw
aw

SubZero repair

The service was fast and efficient. The service provider was courteous. I required several parts and he had them in the truck so there was no need for a second visit.

jgonsa
jgonsa

SubZero repairs

Replacement of SubZero parts that were starting to malfunction. The work was fast and efficient. Happy with the results.

R from Aero Heating,Cooling & Appliances
R from Aero Heating,Cooling & Appliances
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Subzero fridge repair

I call for subzero fridge repair toronto tech show up on time find out problem quickly and replace compressor on the spot fridge working excellent thanks to Jessie i will recommend for every one

Sheri W.
Sheri W.
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Fridge maintenance and repair

My custom handle fell off my freezer. This isn’t something they would normally do but Jessie went above and beyond his normal duties and took both my fridge and freezer doors off so we could reattach and tighten the handles. He also replaced my gasket and cleaned the condenser coils and showed me how I could do it myself next time.

He was very patient with my requests and did an amazing job!! Thank you Jessie!!

Peter Y.
Peter Y.

Fridge repair

I called Jessie first thing in the morning and he gave me some helpful feedback. I placed the service call after lunch and he arrived an hour later. Our ice machine wasn't working and Jessie determined that the water line was frozen causing the fan to stop working creating the jackhammer sound we heard in the morning. It also affected the cooling of the fridge. Our ice machine has been repaired on 2 previous occasions; however, Jessie was reluctant to repair it again based on how some of the wiring had been compromised and cut in the past. We really appreciated his candor. If he wasn't confident, why should we be? He shared is product knowledge in answering our questions about what replacement fridges he would recommend when that day comes. In summary, Jessie was prompt, thorough, efficient and likeable ... qualities that will warrant him a return call when we have the need for his services!

senol
senol

Sub Zero Fridge Repair

I appreciated a lot. Very fast service. I’ve called Acco around 9:30am, the technician arrived at 12:30pm and work done at 2pm same day. The technician was friendly and well experienced.
Thanks to Acco and I recommend this service to anyone needed.

Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgment of our great service. At SUBZEROFRIDGEREPAIRTORONTO, we value our clients and take pride in resolving their fridge related issues.

Thank you for choosing us!
SUBZEROFRIDGEREPAIRTORONTO

anoop
anoop

Fridge repair

They were on time and did the repair quickly. They repaired the door contact and the ice maker

Thank you for choosing us!
SUBZEROFRIDGEREPAIRTORONTO

More about Sub Zero Fridge Repair Toronto

Welcome to Sub Zero Fridge Repair in Toronto. We have over 20 years of experience in service related to maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of SubZero Appliances such as Refrigerator, Fridge, Freezer, Coolers, Ice Makers, Compressors, Evaporator Coils, Condenser Fan Motors and Sub Zero Wine Cooler. May it be commercial or residential appliances repairing-we provide astonishing service in both areas.

We do Sub Zero Refrigerator, Fridge, Freezer, Wine Coolers Repair and Service for the following Series: 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 and all other Series & Models.

We provide service all across GTA area: Toronto, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Richmond Hill, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Thornhill, Woodbridge, Markham, Pickering, King City, Nobleton, Schomberg, Oakville, Milton, Hamilton, Ajax, Oshawa, Niagara Falls, Bolton, Maple, Burlington, Stouffville, Whitby, Halton Hills, Pottageville, Humber Grove, Brookville, Caledon, Aurora, Barrie, New Market, Gwillimbury, Port Perry.