Basement Renovation

Reviews for Avert General Contracting LTD

bob in Toronto
bob in Toronto

basement waterproofing

John and his crew came and dig,waterproofed my basement wall installed a sump pump in two days. When completed they put everything back cleaned up and washed. Professional workmanship competitive rates i would recommend Avert with out hesitation. good job.

Christine Pillar in Markham
Christine Pillar in Markham

Basement

We recently had some water entering our basement and when John (Owner of Avert) came by to have a look, we were immediately put at ease and impressed by his thorough knowledge of our situation. We were certain we found the right person for the job, and hired him immediately. The work was exactly as promised. The work and hatd working crew was extremely professional, reliable and friendly. John even called us back a few days after to make sure we were satisfied and to double check with us if we had any additional questions or concerns. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone, and am certain that the quality and attention to detail that John provided us, will be presented to the next customer seeking assistance in the area of leaky basements.

ovid in Brampton
ovid in Brampton

Concrete Patio in the Backyard

Avert General Contracting did a concrete patio in the backyard for us and we are very happy with the service provided. Great Job! Right on Schedule, and very professional.
Highly recommended!

Slanting side wall

They did state they fixed it - it dropped right back and is now worse. They have abandoned me stating they do not know how to fix it yet won't refund me my money.

To add insult they left the yard a mess - didn't board up some areas allowing rodents to enter and left a pile of dirt and didn't replace the bricks they extracted.

Adam D in Mississauga
Adam D in Mississauga

Waterproofing

Advert general contracting was professional and went above and behind expectations. John and his crew recognized the issues that were caused by an animal and still worked diligently to correct and solve the issue without hesitation. Without a doubt I would use them again and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Happy to have helped

Tomas in Richmond Hill
Tomas in Richmond Hill

Basement Underpinning

Excellent service, great attention to detail, respectful crew.

600 sq ft basement underpinning job going from a 5'11" height to 8'1". New plumbing infrastructure, interior waterproofing and weeping system, sump pump and backwater valve installation.

We lived in the home throughout the renovation. We were surprised at the speed with which the crew worked, completing the entire project in 5 weeks.

We would happily recommend Avert to anyone considering a basement underpin or interior/exterior waterproofing job.

Glad to be of service

Thazin in North York
Thazin in North York
1 review North York, ON

Basement waterproofing and trench digging

Customer responsiveness of this company is very poor. They were engaged to fix a crack in the window well of the basement which was leaking water into the basement and to re-grade the surrounding area. Although the sales person indicated that the work would commence in three weeks or earlier time, the workers came only after six weeks. They fixed the leak and dug the trench as requested. However they did not do a proper job of grading of earth around the window well and did not replace the concrete slabs which they removed and the work was untidy. As they came only in the afternoon, they finished the work quite late in the evening when it was dark. They could not check if the work was properly done. We called the manager about the problem and asked him to come and inspect, he told us to send photos and didn't come. When called again, he said he will send his crew in two weeks time to re-grade the ground but they didn't come. When we called again the manager as well as the sales person, to give us the specific date they could come, non of them return our calls at all till now. The manager is very unfriendly although the crew was nice and polite.

Review has 1 previous version
tamaramikh
tamaramikh

External waterproofing

We were very happy with the work Avert did to our home. They came in, did a very thorough evaluation of the house, recommended two options for us to choose from, and gave us a very good quote (better than any other company we received a quote from).
The work took no longer than a week and the men that did the job were very professional and answered all of our questions throughout the process.

Thanks guys. Happy to have helped

Bea
Bea

Exterior waterproofing

905 783 0777
Mississauga
L5N 2V9

I had major water seepage in my basement. It has been ongoing for years but I didn't realize the extent of the problem until I tore the walls down inside the basement. The problem could not be fixed from the inside so I called 3 waterproofing companies. Avert gave me the best price due to a promotion, & the rep Jerry was very knowledgable as he'd been in the industry for a very long time.
The crew managed to come as quickly as possible to accommodate me because I had another crew scheduled to repair the damage inside my home. They were very polite, professional, & THOROUGH. Came every morning on time & worked so hard all day long. They even did extra work above & beyond to repair an exterior drain, which took hours of labour. Not a single complaint. They genuinely wanted to help me.
I'd definitely recommend their services because at the end of the day you want to ensure your problem is resolved & you get the job done properly. That's what you pay them for! And that's exactly what I received. Great service, excellent workmanship, & they genuinely care & take pride in their work.
Thanks guys!! Such a relief :)

Thanks Beata. Happy to have helped

lisadasilva65
lisadasilva65
1 review Cambridge, ON

Foundation repair

The company was very neat while working. Professional and courteous to seniors needs. They were courteous and carefull to their surroundings. ie. neighbours property etc.

Thanks Lisa. Call us again if you ever need us. It's been a pleasure

More about Avert General Contracting LTD

At Avert General Contracting Ltd, our philosophy is simple; to be the best we can be in servicing your needs. We believe that our customers come first; it is not just a cliché but a commitment we make to all our past and future customers. To be successful in business, ...
Looking for Basement Renovation pros in Toronto?