Foundation Works

Reviews for Foundation Works

Tony d.
Tony d.
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Highly recommend - professional work, at a reasonable price, with peace of mind.

After a recent heavy rainfall, we found the carpet in our basement completely drenched. We thought we had a crack in the foundation and it was going to be an expensive repair. We contacted Foundation Works and Joel came to our house to assess the situation. Joel provided a thorough explanation of the problem and went on to describe how the original window well was poorly installed and that mud had been seeping into the well over the years causing it to not drain properly. What we thought was going to be a major repair ended up being a simple fix. We really appreciated Joel’s honesty. Joel provided us with a very detailed estimate at a very reasonable price.

Joel’s team came to fix our window well in a timely manner. The Foundation Works’ team were very professional and courteous. The quality of workmanship exceeded our expectations. I returned home from work and could not even tell that anyone had been there that day - other than the fact that we have a window well that drains properly now!

We would highly recommend Foundation Works to anyone looking for professional work, at a reasonable price, with peace of mind.

Thank you so much to you and your team!

Deb in Cumberland
Deb in Cumberland
1 review Ottawa, ON

Repair System Platon

This is my second time using Foundation Works. I am so pleased with the repairs and the service I rec’d. The first job was for a crack in the foundation that had gotten considerably larger and would potentially allow water in . Joel’s team did an amazing job. I really liked the fact that they took pictures of the work at the various steps of repair so that I could see exactly what they did. Most recently I had them repair the “platon” or the membrane around the house as it was visible and you could see gaps where water could get behind the membrane. I decided to be proactive and have this fixed to prevent any future water damage. Since they would be digging around the entire house I was a little worried that I may have some work to do after the repairs. I was extremely happy... my house looked better once they were done. Plants and patio stones were back in place, extra soil and rocks were added where needed. Amazing Job, Thank you!!

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto
0 reviews Nottawa, ON

Foundation work+ 2 egress windows added

Excellent customer service. Responded to emails and telephone calls. Explained process thoroughly and with pictures. I strongly urge you to have your work done by Foundation Works. When we encountered a problem with a wall that was compromised, Joel contacted an Engineer to come out and evaluate the situation. Joel is professional and very knowledgeable about all things related to foundations

Candace in Finch
Candace in Finch

Water in basement

We had wet carpet in our basement. Joel gave us an appointment in a short time and quickly determined it was a sump pump problem. He was very honest, professional and helpful. We did not know how it happened and were very worried that it was a big problem. Thank you and best wishes for the continued success of your company.

Nicole L. in
Nicole L. in
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Foundation Repairs, and cold room removal

My husband and I purchased our first house in the fall; it is an older home that had a cold room under the front steps. The steps were breaking and in need of repair, and the cold room was smelly and damp so we never used it. In the spring we discovered that water would leak into the house from the cold room in heavy rain. We called a few contractors to provide quotes and recommend a course of action. When Joel from Foundation Works visited our house to investigate, he was up front and suggested a few options, but told us that he would need to time to think about the best solution. When he provided a quote for the work, he recommended removing the steps and cold room as it would be the best solution and the most cost effective over the long term. With the quote he provided photos of similar jobs to illustrate exactly what he planned to do, and he provided reasons for using specific materials. The cost was very competitive and because the information he provided was detailed and fair we chose to go with Foundation Works and remove the steps and cold room.

The contract covered all the work described in the quote, and information pamphlets for the materials being used were attached as well. The work began sooner than expected, and was completed in the time frame suggested. The two guys who did the work were very professional, efficient and respectful. They secured the site appropriately at the end of each day and tidied up well when the work was complete. They also managed to keep the landscaping and plants intact, which was no small feat and a very pleasant surprise!

The one unforeseen site condition was brought to our attention immediately, and caused very little delay (the weeping tiles where clogged, so it was great to get that sorted too!).

At the end of the project Joel even stopped by to inspect the work. In the photos his crew took to show the work they had done, they did not show the final piece of insulation going in. He wanted to verify that they had installed it in addition to checking the site generally to ensure quality of work. We saw the installation and were not concerned, in fact everything we saw put our minds at ease, but the fact that that there was a follow up really shows care and professionalism. There was pride and care in the work that was done, and in the way Joel talked about his team’s work.

We have now made it through another winter and spring; the ground has thawed and it’s raining a lot. Our basement is dry. Our basement doesn’t smell weird. There isn’t a creepy room in the corner we try to ignore. There are no longer bugs in the basement. Our heating costs have gone down, and we are considering getting a humidifier for the winter it was so dry! We now make good use of the basement, and are actually enjoying the space! I am so glad we went with the recommendation to remove the cold room and steps, and I am so glad we went with Foundation Works. We will be contacting them for future work and recommending them to anyone in need of their services.

Stephen in Toronto
Stephen in Toronto

Foundation repair

My wife and I decided to make repairs to the foundation of our 100+ year-old home, and after doing the excavation ourselves with help from friends, it was clear that the rubble foundation was badly deteriorated and that fixing it wouldn’t be a simple job. We met with a few different contractors to collect quotes, and had a range of experiences. Some were downright rude and unpleasant, while others tried to scare us into taking on repairs (and costs) that would have been much bigger than we had anticipated. More than once, the contractor gave us a figure without really examining the structure. Joel (Foundation Works) was one of the only people to actually get into the excavated area to examine the foundation up close, and his style and attention to detail immediately inspired confidence. As someone who grew up in a small town, I appreciated Joel’s friendly attitude, and how up-front he was about everything. It seemed like he approached the project as if it were his own house.

The bid that Foundation Works offered was competitive with other offers we were considering, and included a good warranty. In fact, the only thing I was suspicious about was that the company’s reviews seemed too overwhelmingly positive to be legit. But we decided to hire Foundation Works anyways, and any skepticism I had quickly disappeared. The team that worked on our structure (Joel, Bob and Russ) were professional and efficient, polite and respectful, and proactively consulted with me on decisions regarding the repairs. As the job progressed, it was also obvious that they took a lot of pride in the work that they were doing, and that they weren’t rushing or cutting corners to get the job done faster. Upon completion, the site was left neat and tidy (actually better than it was before they started), and friends with experience building houses and fixing foundations have since commented on the quality of the job. For others who are considering similar projects, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Foundation Works.

Jay M. in London
Jay M. in London

Foundation Repairs, Window Well Instal, and Re-Parging

My wife and I purchased an older home that we knew needed some "extra attention." Over the course of the last three years we used Foundation Works on three occasions to fix two foundation cracks, install a window well, and re-parge a large portion of our house. The reason we keep using Foundation Works is that Joel and his team consistently do great work and are absolute professionals. They went above and beyond on each occasion answering all of our questions and ensuring that we were kept up to speed on the progress of the work throughout each project. Shockingly, even though we were quoted a figure for the expected work on our last project, as the work was done quicker than expected, the final invoice came in under the quote. Should anyone decide to use them – you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for the great review! Your repeat business is seen as complimentary and always appreciated.

Joel G. - Foundation Works

Ray Vermette in Guelph
Ray Vermette in Guelph

Foundation Repair and Waterproofing

We had 5 companies give us estimates to address our foundation issues. Foundation Works wasn't the least expensive, but they gave the most detailed estimate by far, and the owner explained at length the process and the pros and cons of different approaches to repair and sealing of the basement, which put our minds at ease. They photographed each phase of the work (nice to have when it comes time to sell the house -- prospective buyers will want proof the work was done right!). I asked for some additional work to be done and the cost was very reasonable. No surprises, no complaints. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to get their foundation fixed and waterproofed.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to perform this important work to your home and for taking the time to post this honest and fair review. We always appreciate our clients sharing their experiences for others to know that there are still good contractors out there willing to go the extra mile for their clientele. Here at Foundation Works, we believe in educating the homeowners with all their available options and the pro's and con's of doing it certain ways. We take the time to explain the procedures and associated logic behind it. It's always easier for homeowners to make a decision when it's an informed one.
Thanks again for your business. From myself, Joël (owner) and my hard working team.

Kris in Ottawa
Kris in Ottawa
0 reviews Ottawa, ON

Cinder block foundation repair and waterproofing

Words can only begin to describe how excellent the service was that Joel and his team brought to our job site. All the standard expressions apply: professional, courteous, considerate, patient, but in the end these terms only scratch the surface of what this team brings to the table. These guys know their business, they know how to deal with clients, and perhaps most importantly, they get the job done at a price no one else could beat. In our case the task meant excavating a hellish mess of rock backfill along our 1950s cinder block foundation, patching holes, waterproofing to well above the exterior grade, installing a window well and then parging above grade. We would readily choose Foundation Works again if we ever encounter another foundation issue!

More about Foundation Works

Whether you use your basement as a place to store extra furniture, boxes of precious photos, a playroom for your children or as extra living space for the whole family, your basement provides the foundation for your entire home. It is vital that its integrity remains stable and it is ...