Birnie Electric/ Home Safe

Reviews for Birnie Electric/ Home Safe

Bryan in Toronto in Etobicoke
Bryan in Toronto in Etobicoke

Residential Rewiring - "knob & tube" removal/replacement

We were apprehensive about the project; concerned that the invasive nature of rewiring could cause significant damage to the walls and ceilings of our 1938 house.

We were fortunate to have Derek and Terry on this project! I was so impressed with the extreme care they took to ensure that they could work around existing switches and outlets, looking for innovative and unobtrusive ways to feed wiring throughout the house. This activity resulted with the least amount of damage, possible.

Derek & Terry are consummate professionals - demonstrating a high level of expertise in their work and in the attention to detail they undertake (e.g. every face plate screw was installed in precisely the same direction!).

They took care of every aspect of the project. After a couple of days. I began to relax and trust them completely, that they were doing the right things.

It was only after they completed the job that I realized just how good their work actually is. There were only three rooms that required wall or ceiling repair: the entrance, the kitchen and the bathroom (two of which were scheduled for redecorating, anyway).

Most importantly of all, the dining room and living room vintage cornice ceilings and plaster/lathe walls remained completely untouched !!

This really was "turn-key" service. The result was even better than we expected!

We highly recommend Birnie Electric.

Thank you very much for your review Bryan!!! You were a pleasure to work with.

The Home Safe Team

Annette in Etobicoke
Annette in Etobicoke

Kitchen and family room lighting renovation

Terry was very professional in the work that he completed for us. He made recommendations (which we accepted) for both rooms, came prepared with all of the tools that he needed to complete the work and ensured that all the debris was cleaned up afterwards. I would recommend Terry/Birnie to anyone looking to have electrical work done.

Annette,

Thank you for choosing Birnie Home Safe. We really enjoyed working in your home!!

Laser in Mississauga
Laser in Mississauga

Electrical Risk Assessment

Birnie Homesafe did a complete electrical risk assessment of our home, which took a day to complete. Birnie will provide a binder with full details of any potential fire hazards as well as other less serious issues you may have. They go over everything with you and you decide what, if anything, you would like replaced or repaired. The price above includes a $500.00 credit towards any work done by Birnie Homesafe. We chose to have quite a bit of optional electrical work done, including new outlets and changing lightbulbs and fixtures to LED lighting. They provided great advice and we are thrilled with the work done and the end result. All of Birnie's employees are extremely professional and equally important, in my opinion, they are friendly, courteous, prompt and reliable. Colin, Alex, Shane and Austin went above and beyond and were fantastic to work with. Samantha at the office was great at organizing all the details and scheduling the work.
If you are looking for worry free, high quality electrical work, look no further than Birnie Homesafe. If you are looking for a deep discount on electrical work and price is your major consideration, I suggest you look elsewhere as you get what you pay for. I'm glad we went the Birnie Homesafe route.

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed working in your home!

The Birnie Home Safe Team

jasonchurch
jasonchurch
1 review Milton, ON

Inspected electrical , repaired and brought up to code and obtained CSA

We bought an older 1974 home 4 or 5 years ago that came with aluminum wiring. This made us somewhat nervous giving the reputation of that kind of wiring. During a safety seminar put on by the Milton town or fire department we learned about the services of Bernie Electrical and decided the cost was worth the peace of mind. They came in and did the inspection, identified quite a few items not up to code and provided an organized binder detailing all the finds and recommendations. They walked us through all the finding and explained what was involved to repair. We had them come back and bring it all up to code and they obtained the CSA for our home. While this isn't exactly cheap the peace of mind it brings is well worth the cost. The staff are very friendly and helpful in answering questions even years down the road.

Thanks Jason,

It is our pleasure to ensure you are taken care of. Thank you again.

Kathy
Kathy

Variety of electrical maintenance/updates.

Terry and Derrick were very professional. They were polite, pleasant and provided clear explanations of the work they did. They worked great as a team. Terry and Derrick took their job seriously and were dedicated to completing the job with care and attention to detail. Thank you

Kathy, thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you!!!

Private User reviews Cochrane, AB

Electrical work

What an amazing team. Communication was great. Electricians were so knowledgeable. They arrived on time and were finished on time as well.
Very neat and clean and respectful. Would definitely recommend them.

Thank you so much for choosing Birnie Electric and Birnie Home Safe!

john.burns6 in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2
john.burns6 in Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R2E2

Portable Generator and Conenction Installation

I was looking for a solution to allow me to plug in a portable generator that allowed me to select the circuits I wanted on a flexible basis when the generator was connected. Colin, at Birnie Electric (Homesafe) found a much better solution than I had found and they worked with Toronto Hydro to connect an Interlink unit that solved my problem. This was the first installation for them. The installation included the connection, hydro fees , communication with hydro and the ESA, the unit and the generator. Communication was excellent and the work was handled very professionally. We were very pleased with the end result.

John, It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you are protected in the event of an outage this winter!

Irene Judd in ??????????
Irene Judd in ??????????

Light Fixture

Terry did outstanding work. Please see pictures attached He was knowledgeable, helpful, and courteous. Terry was running late, but he called and let me know. I will definitely recommend this company to other people.

Thank you so much Irene, we appreciate your business.

Ruth in Mississauga
Ruth in Mississauga

Great Job Birnie Home Safe

I had a great experience with the Birnie Home Safe team. They came in an performed an electrical inspection, where they outlined all of the hazards I had in my home - I had no idea. I have an older home and I thought maybe they 'd find a few things but I never thought my home was as bad as it was. Needless to say, I had repairs performed and I am so relieved. The electricians were professional and the office staff was great.

Thank you Ruth! We enjoyed coming into your home and making it safe.

Anne
Anne

Kitchen lighting

We recently had some lighting work done in our kitchen – the retrofit of a fluorescent fixture to LED and the installation of a new fixture in the eating area. From start to finish the staff, from the manager to administration to electrician, was courteous, knowledgeable and professional. We could not be happier with the resulting work. After months of talking to people who didn’t seem to understand what we wanted done it was such a relief to finally have the job so well completed. Steve (the electrician) was punctual, worked neatly and definitely knew what he was doing. We would certainly recommend Birnie Electric and call on them again for future work.

Thank you Anne for your lovely Review. On behalf of all of us at Birnie Home Safe we are so happy we could meet your electrical needs. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction -comments like these only solidify this commitment. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions or comments.

-Your friends at Birnie Home Safe

More about Birnie Electric/ Home Safe

Birnie Home Safe is a Licensed Electrical Contractor servicing the Mississauga and GTA areas. We specialize in electrical inspections, installations, repairs, upgrades and audits. We work closely with entities like The Mississauga Fire Department and the Electrical Safety Authority to educate the public about electrical safety and fire prevention. To learn more about us visit: www.ismyhomesafe.ca