HomeBath Bathroom Renovations

Bathroom Renovation
HomeStars  >  Bathroom & Kitchen - Fixtures & Accessories in Calgary  >  HomeBath Bathroom Renovations

Reviews for HomeBath Bathroom Renovations

403 230 4663
Calgary
AB
T2E 2K9

HomeBath came in and removed my existing bath tub and shower walls and replaced it with a brand new acrylic tub, acrylic walls and new fixtures in under 8 hours. The work that was completed was fantastic and the quick work was a huge help as this was the only shower in my home. The installers were very polite and friendly and made sure I was involved wherever a decision was required and the office staff were extremely responsive. I would suggest HomeBath to anyone looking for a budget friendly, high quality bathroom renovation.

Richard J. Bazillion in Calgary
Richard J. Bazillion in Calgary

Shower renovation, expansion

HomeBath website stood out from others I visited while deciding whom to contact for the planned renovation. The company responded quickly to my invitation to consult. An excellent proposal was quickly forthcoming. HomeStar's site prep folks and installers completed the project expertly and entirely to our satisfaction. Workmanship was impeccable. We now have six week's experience with the renovated shower, and are entirely satisfied. We highly recommend this company.

Hi Richard,

Thank-you so much, we are so happy to hear you are enjoying your new shower! It was great working with you!

pdv3
pdv3

Bathroom

everyone was very helpful and accommodating. When they were doing the installing they made sure to involve us, and made several adjustments to meet our needs. Ferdinand was especially patient and helpful. Great job!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your great review. Your kind words will be passed along to Ferdinand and crew. Please don't hesitate to call us for anything you may require in the future.

K Lee in Calgary
K Lee in Calgary

Bathroom renovation

Homebath installed a tub/shower surround for us. A warranty issue was handled quickly and fairly. Overall, happy with the work. Staff were on time, professional and great to work with.

Thanks for the great review Kira! You were easy to work with and please contact us anytime if we can offer further assistance.

Terry
Terry

Conversion of bathroom to accessible standards

Excellent job from start to finish. Wayne's knowledge base regarding equipment and design brought in factors I wasn't even aware of. As a wheelchair user I now have the first toilet I have ever been able to transfer from my wheelchair with no impediments, a complete shower I can use with no concerns for safety and a bathroom door conversion to a 36" (versus the old 28") pocket entry that now meets wheelchair standards. No more squeezing my chair through an old fashion narrow doorway with room to do a complete 360 turn in the bathroom. Thank you HomeBath and team

Thank you so much for your feedback & review Terry! We were delighted to help you tranform your bathroom into a beautiful accessible space. You were amazing to work with and our entire team looked forward to working in your home every day until the job was complete.

Barb Jones in Calgary
Barb Jones in Calgary

Bathroom reno disaster

We had homebath give us an estimate to renovate two bathrooms in our home and decided to start with the smaller bathroom first. Initially we were quite pleased with the suggestions and help in choosing our colors and tile but it became clear very quickly that they were anything but organized. Quotes had to be redone several times, wall tile that they ordered for us was no longer available which we were informed of a few days before tiling was to begin. They ordered a smaller tile which we then determined by ourselves would be too narrow and would not work around our tub surround. Wayne's response to me was "good catch". Aren't they supposed to be the professionals!
On day 2 plumbing attempted to be installed incorrectly which was not to code. Tile floor that was installed was making a popping sound and the grout was cracking. This was due to the subfloor being installed incorrectly. The
counters had to be cut 3x as they were mismeasured.
The cabinets were mismeasured and had to be shortened. The wall tile was a disaster..the pictures I have posted speak for themselves.
All of these items were rectified with the exception of the wall tile which Wayne agreed to have his guys rip it out but we would have to find someone else to tile it or tile it ourselves as he felt his tiling guy could not do much better the second time around. All of these issues turned our 5 day reno into a 40 day reno. Lisa nor Wayne were returning our emails to let us know when they would be back or how much longer they were going to take to finish our reno. Lastly the mirror was also mismeasured and hangs over our
backsplash. Wayne was unwilling to rectify this however upon contacting the better business bureau it was quickly rectified. I would not recommend homebath to anyone and urge people to do their homework and check with service Alberta to make sure a company is licensed and bonded before you give them any money and let them into your home. We clearly dropped the ball in that respect!
One of the workers was wanting to install the plumbing incorrectly which was not to code. After our tile floor was installed it was making popping sounds and the grout was cracking.

Hi Barb,
Please see our Insurance, Service Alberta and City license policy numbers listed below for your reference. They were also posted on our wall in our showroom – visible during your free showroom consultation. This information was also provided to you in our original quote email on May 16, 2018.

• Service Alberta Registration Number – 329960
• City of Calgary Business Licence – BL157474
• WCB Account Number – 3220892
• Insurance Policy Number - 5A1286899

We were very disappointed to see your review. The parting gifts that your husband gave our installers gave us the impression that you were happy with the job. All mistakes were fixed at our cost and your invoice was also reduced as per your request.
It is our company policy to make every effort to complete the job to our customer satisfaction no matter what the situation. If there is anything more that we can do to make the situation better, please let us know.

Shariffs in Calgary
Shariffs in Calgary

Our Stunning Bathrooms

This comes many weeks later but...... we had two bathrooms done in Spring by this great company! Each bathroom took two weeks each and we would like to express that the workers did a very clean job right from top to the bottom. The tiles were very precisely laid, so was the bathroom cabinetry, quartz and rest of the bath fittings. We had a last minute change to have a niche in one of the bathroom. This was accommodated with no issue. Small repairs after the contract was completed were also taken care of. I have yet to find a fault. Each day the house was swept and left clean for us to walk safely & freely around the area.. Our wooden floors were well covered with protective sheeting before the job began... The company is a phone call away so we suggest you should call right away if something is not to your liking and Lisa will take care of everything. Her personal touch for helping us choose our wall paint color was very professional and from the first time we met, she helped with a few suggestions with a lot of enthusiasm and making time to check out the final touches.. Sometimes we have a set idea with what we want, but this company will help create a great bathroom so anyone not sure about what they want will benefit from ideas from the company. The owner Wayne, should know that he has super staff working for him..... the whole team is fantastic! A superb job well done. Our photos show that too. Thank you again.

Hi Narmin and Amir,

Thank-you so much for your terrific review and pictures. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. This review means a lot to us and we will make sure everyone involved receives your feedback.

Bathroom reno in Calgary
Bathroom reno in Calgary

Bathroom reno

Appreciated the professionalism and excellent customer service. Installers were very hard working and always ensured their work area was clean before they left for the day. Big thanks to Roz, Renan, JR, Ray, Erwin and Gary.
Very pleased with my new bathroom, has us feel that our house is brand new!!

Dale Mar 20/18

Hi Dale,
It was such a pleasure working with you! What a difference a renovation can make to the overall feel of a home! Thank you for the review and such kind words about our staff and team. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to our staff!
-Roz

Agnes in Calgary
Agnes in Calgary

Stunning Results

I had Homebath renovate my kitchen countertop, backsplash, install drawers and remove an attached table and make a desk. The results were amazing.
The workers were very kind, respectful of my home and always kept things clean.

Thank-you Agnes! You were a pleasure to work with. We are very happy to hear you are enjoying your kitchen renovation.

Upstairs and Downstairs bathroom renovation

My renovation was completed 2.5 years ago. I'm writing a review now because of recent incident which I will get to. I've had a few grievances with this company but normally I end up accepting what I've been dealt without complaint. Since the recent incident I will now mention all. Scratches on top of the brand new vanity top, the workers would leave their tools on top without protection. After I asked them not to do that they put them in the brand new bathtub with little protection to the surface. They brought up my brand new vanity and tipped it upside to get it into the bathroom and scratch that side of it. My old tub had a Jacuzzi motor which worked fine. They took it and I never seen it again. The downstairs bathroom glass door is not square or the opening is not square (?) The floor of the shower has soft spots where it sinks a little bit which means to me that the support under the floor was not done well. Things were promised that I didn't get. The whole renovation took way too long I couldn't wait for them to leave. I saw very little of Wayne during this renovation, I would think he would come and check things out to make sure his people were doing a proper job. Now for the most recent incident which brought me to write this review. My granddaughter and I were in the living room when there was the loudest crash I ever heard. My upstairs bathroom door which I paid $2000.00 for shattered into a million pieces. This door was tempered glass and there was glass everywhere. Isn't tempered glass (if something does happen) just suppose to shatter but not fall apart? I dread to think if my granddaughter who is 4 years old, was in there having a bath, she would have been showered in glass. When I called HomeBath the first thing I was told was "well that's what tempered glass is suppose to do" (What??) Then I was told my warranty was up (only 2 years on warranty and the incident happened in 2.5 years. After a few phone calls I finally got to speak to Wayne and managed to get the manufacturer to compensate but I still had to pay $450.00 to get a new glass door. I don't think so... you can forget the glass doors, as far as I am concerned they are not safe. I wanted my money back or for Wayne to find me a new acrylic door (no charge). Haven't heard back. I really don't have the energy to chase them and make repeated calls. My last call was not returned so Homebath you get away with it and so does the manufacturer of that glass door. Since this has happened I've heard more and more about these doors shattering for no apparent reason. I was in a bad accident one year and the windshield was shattered but in one piece in the middle of the intersection. What is really going on with these doors? Buyer beware.

Dear Gay,

This is the first notice we have received from you regarding complaints about your renovation in 2 ½ years (aside from the glass door). We are not able to fix things, unless we know about them. Since posting this review and notifying us of these additional items, we have offered to come in to evaluate and address them. Unfortunately, you have decided not to give us the opportunity to rectify these issues, if they are issues at all.

In response to your glass door. We offered to replace your door at the glass manufacturer cost, with no charge for installation labour. You decided not to proceed. We offered a solution with installing a clear acrylic panel, this solution would end up being unsightly, as clear acrylic scratches easily. This conversation has been on-going, and your apprehension with the replacement glass has delayed us coming to any resolution.

If you would like to learn more about how tempered glass (which is always used in bath and shower surrounds), please visit this website:

Please think about your review and justify whether you are fair and honest to us, yourself and other customers.

More about HomeBath Bathroom Renovations