DrainRooter Plumbing

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for DrainRooter Plumbing

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

toilet fix

The toilet had a broken float that needed to be replaced. Mike did so quickly, efficiently, pleasantly and arrived on time. The online booking system was very convenient. This is the second time we have used Drain Rooter Plumbing after being dissatisfied with a bigger named company in Toronto. Would highly recommend Drain Rooter Plumbing.

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your experience! Our team strives to provide quality service that works around your schedule. If any other issues arise, we are more than happy to help. We look forward to working with you again.

Regards,

Anita in North York
Anita in North York

Excavation blocked line serviced sump pump

My teenage son eokeme up at 5 a.m. saying ‘mom I think the sump
Pump is about to explode’. It was shaking violently and there was a loud sound of rushing water in the walls. An ejector pipe was beginning to leak. I had done a renovation on an older home, so immediately called the plumbing company that had done the renovation. They came, snaked the system, but after approx 8 hours were still unable to determine the origin of the blockage.
They basically gave up and said you’d better call a professional drain consent you’ll probably have to do an excavation but we’re not sure where.
I checked homestars and Called Drain Rooter. Mike arrived the next morning and figured out the problem, excavated and replaced some old pipes, and serviced my sump pump. The issue was complex, but he didn’t give up. His team worked all day and into the night to make sure I had water again.
They were professional, knowledgeable, and I will definitely use them again for any plumbing issues I have. I felt well taken care of from the moment I spoke to the lady in the phone, and wholeheartedly recommend them.

Edgar from Mississauga
Edgar from Mississauga

Fixed Loose and Leaking Toilet Seat

Mike came on the same day I called him. He was honest about the repair options I had, since my toilet seat was not installed properly.
A full correction of the unprofessional installation (great solution) would cost me 4 times the (good solution) Mike recommended me. Sometimes aiming for the good is best value and it showed DrainRooter understand what they are doing and are not money grabbers! I highly recommend them!

Hello Edgar,

We appreciate your feedback on our services! Our goal is to provide our customers with solutions that will work with your budget by presenting all the available options to fix the issue. We look forward to working with you again.

jpw from Scarborough
jpw from Scarborough

Repair to American Standard Toilet

I have 3 American Standard "Trent" toilets which were installed in October 2015. On July 4, the water kept running on one as it did not shut off when the float cup raised.

Using "Homestars" to search for a well recommended plumbing company, I decided to call "DrainRooter Plumbing". The lady who took the call was very courteous and arranged for someone to come the next morning. She also called the next day to notify me he was on his way. The repairman fixed the issue(parts needed replacement) promptly and was very informative.

I would highly recommend this business to anyone needing help with plumbing related issues. The business possess good customer service skills and competent staff. I wasn't too pleased about the toilet breaking down after less than 3 years but that was not the fault of "DrainRooter Plumbing".

We appreciate you taking the time to review our work! Our plumbers are experienced industry professionals who take the time to understand the issue and repair it as efficiently as possible to save you time, headaches and money. If you experience any other plumbing issues, contact us, we are happy to help.

Main drain blockage

After struggling for a week with a main drain that backed up when large quantities of water (jacuzzi tub full) were drained I called Mike from DrainRooter this morning. Twice I thought I fixed the problem with a snake. But the problem came back. Admitting defeat and having had great success with HomeStars I found that Mike matched the type of work results and service that I needed. He came within hours, scoped the issue and managed to clear the pesky drain blockage. He then scoped again to the city drain – all clear! Would use him again for other plumbing projects.

Thank you for taking the time to review our work! Our plumbers ensure that we solve the root of the problem to avoid the same issue from reoccurring. We are equipped with state-of-the-art technology that allows us to diagnose and treat any issue that a homeowner might be experiencing. We look forward to working with you again.

Tanya in Toronto
Tanya in Toronto

Clogged toilets and repair

Update: The flapper repair that Mike completed made the toilet run worse than it originally had. I asked that he come look at it and undo whatever he had done. He did not show up and made a flimsy excuse. It's very evident that the warranty and general service here is fraudulent. Be wary - I would never use this company again.

------

Original post:

I had one toilet that was clogged, a second that was slow to flush so needed to be cleared proactively. Mike was very professional, clean and efficient. They were able to provide service in my condo downtown within a couple hours of being called.

In terms of why I would not recommend them again, my understanding is that the price was rather steep - $240+tax for a toilet snaking.

In addition, I asked Mike to take a look at the flapper of the toilet, which was not closing properly, meaning the toilet continued to run after being flushed. Mike was not successful in repairing that - the next day the issue was back.

Laura
Laura

Backwater Valve Cleaning & Maintenance

Mike from DrainRooter is THE BEST!! My basement drain backed up and Mike diagnosed and remedied the problem(s)! One of the main issues involved my backwater valve. Mike cleaned and repaired it (it had been installed missing the "O-Ring"). Mike is an expert and kept me informed the entire time. I am impressed and grateful. DrainRooter has a customer for life!!

Hello Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Deal with drain issues can be very overwhelming for homeowners because they occur unexpectedly and can cause expensive damages. Our staff and plumbers always have our customers best interests in mind - providing them with a peace of mind through our fast response service and expertise. It was a pleasure working with you and if you have any other issues, we'd be happy to help!

claudio
claudio
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Shower faucet

Mike and his team are fantastic at what they do, the service was efficient and honest i would recommend them for emergency services. Drain Rooter is on my short list of service companies i will call if anything else happens with my plumbing.
Shower faucet was broken and kept on spinning. Water wouldnt shut off. just kept on spinning. I didnt know what to do. i shut off the main just to make it stop.
Called Drain Rooter the next morning and they got Mike the within an hour or so from my call. Mike is a excellent technician he assessed the problem and explain to me what happened and the solutions to fix it. he advised me that he may have to cut the drywall from the other side of the wall if the part was seized. Mike was hopeful that it wasnt the case cause he didnt want me to go through all that. Luckily it was a worn out part and he change it with out breaking anything.

Hello Claudio,

We appreciate your feedback! Our emergency response team arrives within an hour to ensure our customers a peace of mind. It is our mission to save homeowners, both, money and future headaches! With over 10 years of experience behind every DrainRooter plumber, they are able to make repair cost effective. It was a pleasure working with you and if you have any other issues, we'd be happy to help.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

THE MOST DISHONEST PLUMBERS-DO NOT USE THEM

DO NOT USE THEM. I needed my toilet snaked/camera and below are all the issues I encountered with them
1. They quoted me one price, and then came to my house and quoted me another price.
2. Their employer Mike snaked/camera my toilet and didn't "remove" the issue (SEE PICTURE)-NOTE ANOTHER PLUMBER CAME AND WAS ABLE TO REMOVE IT RIGHT AWAY
3. Upon speaking to them about this issue that 1/2 the job was not finished, they told me quote "you asked for a toilet snaking, not to fix the problem". Talk about customer service! You should hire someone else to do the talking
4. The owner didn't even have the decency to call me. Issues can be rectified better when you "talk to your customers". But, this guy is just in it for the money and being dishonest to customers.

I can go on and on but I have said my peace.

Joanna in Toronto
Joanna in Toronto

Bathtub faucet handle came apart (broken cartridge)

Two days ago the shower faucet (the handle) came apart in my hand as I turned the water on. The cold water was running and I could not piece it back together to turn the water off. After I realized the metal piece from the cartridge broke off and there was no way to turn the water off unless I turned off the supply to the whole house I called Drain Rooter Plumbing (found on HomeStars).
Mike arrived within 1.5-2 hours of my calling Drain Rooter Plumbing and very quickly proceeded to fix the problem. At first he was hopeful that he might be able to save me some money and extract the old cartridge but the way it broke it was not possible to extract it. Therefore we had to cut a hole in the wall behind the shower to save the tiles and snip a few pipes to replace the broken pieces. Mike did this in a very organized and tidy manner. Before I knew it, the water to the house was turned back on, the drywall was put back in place and I had a functional faucet.
Joanna

Hello Joanna,

Thank you for taking the time to review our work! We understand the importance of fixing an issue as soon as possible because it becomes a major problem, which is why our fast response team is the best in Toronto. We treat your home as if it were our own - with utmost care. Our plumbers get the job done right with accuracy and efficiency. We look forward to working with you again.

More about DrainRooter Plumbing

Welcome to DrainRooter Plumbing – we are local Toronto plumbers who are the industry's leading plumbing professionals providing plumbing, drain, and waterproofing services in Toronto, Mississauga and the rest of the GTA.

We have been offering comprehensive services to residential, commercial and industrial clients for over 11 years. Our plumbers are fully licensed and insured, providing you with the highest quality of service standards 24/7!

We offer affordable and guaranteed services and our licensed plumbers are on call to handle any plumbing, drain, or waterproofing emergency.

We handle all types of work, small and larger projects, in order to make your life easier, safer and better. With over 15 thousand satisfied customers all over the GTA, you can definitely rely on us!

Same Day Service Guaranteed | Free Estimates