HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in Calgary  >  The Pine Nuts Woodworking and Renovations Ltd.
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for The Pine Nuts Woodworking and Renovations Ltd.

Cordell C Reimer from Calgary

Colin did all of the work in my basement - Built-ins, Bar Area, Vanity, Bookshelfs, Office desk as well as my Laundry Area with built-in benches and cupboards. Quality is undeniably perfect and very meticulous work and effort put into every job. I would highly recommend his work to others.

Carey Mogdan from Calgary

My wife and I selected the Pine Nuts based upon the numerous positive reviews we had seen on Home Stars and elsewhere. We contacted Colin and he quickly came over and provided a very accurate estimate for our extensive kitchen renovation, which included a demolition of the existing kitchen, and changing of walls to create a large kitchen out of the previous kitchen and dining room area. We asked for some references and I was initially amazed at how much the references raved about Colin and the team, so much so it seemed over the top - but that is the experience we ended up getting as well. Colin provided really good ideas on the renovation as my wife and I had some thoughts, but hadn't completed a design. In no time at all Colin provided us with plans and drawings of the proposed kitchen for us to approve and move forward on. We started the job promptly on time. Not only was Colin a pleasure to work with, but all the staff members that we dealt with (Mark in particular was awesome) from the painter to the plumber/gas-fitter were really good people to deal with. They were always punctual, courteous and even managed to put up with the constant questions from our 4 little kids. At the end of the project Colin and the team really pulled it all together to finish on time. The quality of the project was excellent, we were really happy to have the kitchen all finished and the workmanship (particularly the amazing cabinetry) was top notch and surpassed our expectations which were already sky high. We have already booked The Pine Nuts for our next renovation which is a bathroom installation - and we are very secure in knowing Colins team is on it. In the renovation we added several things to the scope of the job, and Colin was more than fair with the additional charges. I deal with contractors all the time in my professional job for industrial projects, and have seen so many with questionable business practices, that it is just so great to deal with a true professional, who takes pride in his work and in the relationships he has with his customers. Thanks again to the Pine Nuts team for all the great work and we will see you soon.

Gillian C. from Calgary

Our family recently needed a complete replacement of all doors and windows in our home. They were 34 and 35 years old and had been neglected for probably the duration of their long lives. We had six quotes done for the job. The Pine Nuts quote fell in the lower half of the lot. We could not be more pleased with our decision to choose this company! Colin was honest about the work that was required and the timeline that would be used. They showed up on time and were pleasant to have around! Colin took the extra time to explain to us the different obstacles that presented themselves and options to overcome them (such is the case with older homes). Colin, Bob, Mark, and Mike always kept a tidy work area which was so appreciated with two young, energetic boys in the house! Mark's attention to detail in the casing was noticeable! I am happy and eager to recommend this high quality company to friends and family. We will gladly have them back for more work (the bathroom is already scheduled for next year)!!!

Briana Falls from Calgary

We contracted Pine Nuts to build a custom bookcase for our front living room. I sent a picture to Colin of what I was thinking and he sent a drawing back with exactly the design I was looking for. Once the bookcase was built the install was done quickly in a day and it was more than we could have hoped for. Colin was very professional and nice to work with, and our project was completed on budget to what we were originally quoted. I would recommend, the finished product was excellent.

Sara from Calgary

Colin and the Pine Nuts did an amazing job with our kitchen renovation. We were very happy with the final results and found that Colin's attention to detail fabulous. I would highly recommend Pine Nuts to anyone doing a renovation and will hopefully have them tackle our 1970's basement in the future.

Robin Sparkes from De Winton
1 review De Winton, AB

Our renovated kitchen and woodwork is Spectacular!
Colin and and Kevin transformed our oak kitchen into a modern, estate-worthy, entertainers dream. They are both thoughtful communicators and were always available to answer questions and provide valuable advice. Our renovation was completed on budget and on time. Thank you Colin and Kevin-your dedication and high standards are greatly appreciated.

Nmar Rafih from Calgary

Assisted Review

I want to express our overall appreciation and gratitude for a job well done. The finished product looks amazing and it's a credit to Colin and Bob that they were able to save our Reno. They were total pros and came and went as though a gentle breeze!

Mike mckenzie from Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

I work in the construction business and I know how hard it is to find good reliable trades. I've built two houses from the ground up and hired the pine nuts for both. I will be using them for my future construction projects. The quote, design and layout process was made very easy by their professional experienced approach to the project. They had great ideas and suggestions to make the finished product that much better. Start and finish dates were giving with a reasonable amount of time to do the job right. When the install started on site everything went together smoothly and without any problems because of the careful planing and attention to detail. The finish date was met and the job site was left clean and the cabinets looked incredible. My experience with the pine nuts has been great and I look forward to working with them in the future.

Chad from Calgary

Assisted Review

In 2005, I commissioned The Pine Nuts to construct a two level 24 x 14 foot wood deck that supported a hot tub on the lower level. Colin was very helpful in suggesting unique design ideas to make the deck visually appealing while at the same time structurally sound. The deck turned out wonderful, Colin finished the deck on 45 degree angles to give the deck that extra flare. The project was completed on budget and ahead of schedule and the crew were very professional while working at my house. I have had the deck for many years and have never had any issues with the workmanship. The Pine Nuts have a passion for what they do and take pride and stand behind their work.

Mari C from Calgary

I have worked with Pine Nuts over the past 4 years for various projects on my home. It started with a modest slate instal at the front door and has grown from there. The next summer we had Colin come in to help us plan the layout of a basement renovation which included a bathroom. The summer after that we had him instal hardwood and baseboards throughout the upper level and stairs. We saved the big project for the next summer. Colin and his team did our entire main floor renovation. This included a completely new kitchen, taking out part of the dining room wall to open up the two spaces, fireplace mantel and slate surround, as well as the completion of the hardwood floor instal throughout this level. Colin was very helpful when it came to planning the kitchen as he was able to guide us through the process offering great suggestions and taking our needs into consideration. It has been a year since this renovation and every day I walk into the kitchen it makes me smile! His budgets are very well thought out and as such we always come in close to his numbers. Colin is always easy to get a hold of and gets back to us in a very prompt manner. I have enjoyed working with every member of his team as well as his subcontracters. He takes the time to find the best people to complete the work. We look forward to our next renovation project with Colin!

Job Price

More about The Pine Nuts Woodworking and Renovations Ltd.

The Pine Nuts Woodworking and Renovations’ mission is to design custom woodworking and renovation solutions meeting our clients’ unique needs and desires; to provide superior craftsmanship using materials of the highest standards and quality; and to provide professional workmanship and exceptional service giving our clients an enriching and rewarding experience.

We believe that home improvement projects are a cooperative relationship between the client and the contractor. We are a dedicated team and strive to build strong relationships with our clients.