Sick Building Solutions

Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Mold Detection & Removal in Toronto  >  Sick Building Solutions

Reviews for Sick Building Solutions

Attic Mould Remediation

We had a conditional offer on our home. We were not expecting any issues. But after the inspection, there was mould found in the attic and the deal was in jeopardy, as was our accepted offer on a property we wanted, conditional on the sale of our home. Time was of the essence, as we were scheduled to leave the next day for our 2 week vacation. Our realtor gave us the contact info for Sick Building Solutions. After a frantic phone call and conversation in the evening, Ian & Mark fit us into their tight schedule to come and do the mould remediation the very next morning before we left. The guys were personable, friendly, tidy, had a great sense of humour to keep us at ease, and were professional. Completed the job in a couple of hours. Took before and after pictures for the buyers and gave us the certificate 1 year guarantee for the work. Would highly recommend to anyone needing their services! They helped us out when we were in a real bind and ensured the sale of our home going through.

Elaine Barrett
Elaine Barrett
13 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Odor Removal

My husband and I purchased a condominium only to find it had an odor which smelled to us like laundry products and was in the vicinity of the laundry room. We cleaned everything. We sold the dryer which smelled very strong. We had the entire condo including ceilings primed with an odor blocking primer. Nothing worked and nobody could figure out what the problem was. We tried an ozone machine as well, but no luck. A friend of ours found Art while surfing the net, and contacted him to discuss our problem. Art claimed his commercial ozone machine could do what ours did not. I spoke to him and he told me he would run the machine for a minimum of 2 hours but probably 2 1/2 just to be sure. When he came to the condo he told me he thought the odor smelled "chemical" in origin, something an ozone machine won't touch. Nonetheless, he proceeded to set up and left the machine running. 1 1/2 hours later he returned. The original smell was quite evident even through the odor of the ozone. He then went on to tell me that for $865 he could do a chemical analysis of the ambient air to find out exactly what was causing the smell. When I received a bill for $450 plus tax =$508, I almost fell off my chair. After all, Art himself said it smelled chemical so why continue with what he obviously considered to be a futile process and then cut that short of his own recommended time period. I had thought when that failed as predicted, he would either not bill or give a greatly reduced rate. When I complained, they knocked the bill down to $295 but we felt totally taken advantage of by a snake oil salesman. Indeed, we consulted with a highly respected engineer who warned us against getting more involved with this sketchy operation. $295 + tax.....down the toilet.

Sylvia in Toronto
Sylvia in Toronto

Asbestos Removal

I was selling a house. It had some very minor asbestos issues around the vents. Super minor. But, the house had sold conditionally and the buyer was very stressed about this problem. We had it professionally removed by Sick Building Solutions. They appeared in their hazmat suits and away they went. They removed it from 7 vents. And the house sold! Mission accomplished -

Consumer in Newmarket
Consumer in Newmarket
5 reviews Newmarket, ON

Attic Mould Remediation

Brutal customer service and very used car salesmen-like. Their product smells aweful, I was able to smell it in the house for a long time after they left, and although they say it is not toxic, the MSDS sheet says it is. They charge a travel fee too.