Beware of D.S. Enterprises from Brooklin Ontario and the contractor with the same initials. He is not a good contractor and has owed us more than $9500 (awarded in Small Claims Court) for more than 5 years! Here are the facts of our encounter with him:
1. Work quality was always poor to out and out careless (e.g. our basement shower was installed on an angle and doesn't drain without a squeegee!)
2. any request to do things the way we wanted if they differed to his likes would lead to protracted arguments.
3. He was often late, didn't return calls, missed meetings.
4. during a work day approx 20% of his time was spent smoking cigarettes and talking on his cellphone - not working on our job.
5. After a first coat of paint it was riddled with blemishes, we complained and he simply disappeared from the job taking all of his tools, some of our lumber and an advance payment for flooring. After many calls it was clear he was gone for good so in due course we took him to Small Claims Court and won a settlement in the $1000s of which he has not paid a cent and we have received no indications that we shall ever see any payment from him. In our legal work we have come across a number of people who have had similar experiences with this contractor.
Learn from our mistakes - absolutely no good will come from dealing with this company.