Mr. Appliance Of Winnipeg West

Christian Sentner from Winnipeg
Christian Sentner from Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

Gas dryer repair

Our gas dryer wasn't heating, so I called Mr. Appliance because they were the only company I found which worked on gas dryers and could make the service call the next day. Upon making the service appointment, I was told that there is a $69.00 service call fee which would be waive if we did the repair through their company. The technician informed me that I needed a new Thermal fuse for my dryer (if you no getting heat, please watch a youtube video and do this yourself and save yourself a lot of money). He told me the cost was going to be $202.02 and proceeded to make the repair which took all of few minutes to do. It's more work to take out the screws that it is to change the part. I asked why it was so much and he said they still charge the service call fee then though it was suppose to be removed. Afterwards, I looked up information on the part to educate myself. I found out that you can buy the fuse on amazon for $3.00 which made me question why it cost so much to repair through Mr. Appliance.

I called Mr. Appliance for a breakdown of my charges as all the bill said was the total, which again this isn't proper and should be fully detailed. I got a call back the following day from Terrance who I believe is the owner of the local location. I asked him how much the part cost, he said it was $30 (which is fine with me, good mark up but that's par for the course), I then asked to break down the other 170.00 which he couldn't. He went into a childish rant about cost of running a business, vehicles and so forth. Brutal customer appreciation from an OWNER nonetheless.

So, because I feel they grossly overcharge and furthermore can't justify in a coherent manner their own business practices and give a proper documented break down of charges, I have filed a complaint with the local BBB which I am still waiting to hear from. I was never trying to be unreasonable with an unreasonable company. Just trying to understand what exactly I paid for. If the part cost $30.00 and you want to charge me the $69.00 service call fee, that seems reasonable and expected. Charge me $100.00 above and beyond that without any reason, that is simply bad practice and makes me wonder how many others there are out there which were taken advantage of.

Moral of the story, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

As a business owner you quickly learn that some customers are more difficult to please then others. We do our best with all our customers.
In response to Mr. Sentner’s review, I will stick to a few very specific facts.
All of our customers are informed when they book their service call that we will provide an estimate before completing any repairs. If the customer chooses to decline, then we charge 69.00 for our time.
After diagnosing Mr. Sentner’s dryer, he was quoted 178.78 to complete the repair (202.02 was the after tax price).
It was only after Mr. Sentner accepted this repair estimate that my technician completed the work. He then tested the dryer to confirm proper operation, collected the payment and left.
Six days after this service call, Mr. Sentner contacted me for the first time to express his concern with the cost. After going back and forth with this customer for several weeks I issued him a full refund which he chooses not to mention in his review.
So to summarize: we were the only company who would come out and fix his gas dryer (his words), we gave him a next day appointment (his words), we quickly diagnosed his problem and fixed it on the same visit, we did this repair for the price he agreed to, and after being unable to satisfy Mr. Sentner we gave him a full refund. In spite of this, his perception is that we have “brutal customer appreciation”. As I already said, some are more difficult to please than others.
One last thing, we do not order from Amazon and we do not use knock-off parts. We only purchase factory authorized parts from factory authorized distributors.

Terry Rempel
Mar. 27/14

Steve from Winnipeg
Steve from Winnipeg
1 review Winnipeg, MB

FURANCE

Norris Appliance told me my furnace is old and parts are hard to get ,it is a Ultimate ll. Winnipeg Hydro said it is not old and just about efficient as the new ones and I do not qualify for the new furnace program because of this.. Now Norris appliance says it has the parts...when th repairman came again 4 weeks later he did not have the part with him...he would install it tomorrow after 4 for sure. the next day was another delay and would be there for sure tomorrw ...we will phone you if there is a proablem...Still wainint and now all I get is voice mail,,,,,Still waiing...This is unbelivable.
a

It would appear that you have posted your review on the wrong company's page. We are not Norris Appliance, nor do we do repairs on furnaces. If you receive this message, please kindly remove your review from our page - we would appreciate it!

Looking for Appliance Repair pros in Winnipeg?