Journeyman Carpentry

Reviews for Journeyman Carpentry

lachapelledenis in Ottawa
lachapelledenis in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Window framing repair, casing and trim installation

Dan has excellent customer service providing professional quote/ estimate, returning our calls and always checking in with how the job was going. His attention to details showed through his workmanship. Dan offered options and suggestions on products and finishes.
He worked with us on schedule and fit us in before the weather got too cold to start the project.

Thanks Denis. It is always nice to see in print what we strive to provide.

Front Deck

Dan and the Journeyman Carpentry team did an excellent job rebuilding and modernizing our second story front deck. The project gave the front of our house a much needed makeover, and brings so much more light into our living room. Dan was able to work with whatever challenges our house presented to execute our vision, and made some great design suggestions that really enhanced the finished product. The team also did an excellent job cleaning up at the end of each day, so that we didn't have to continually navigate a construction site for the duration of the project. We would definitely hire Journeyman Carpentry again.

Thanks, it was a pleasure to work for you.

Donna C.
Donna C.

Custom Mantel

I contacted Daniel Burt to ask him to build a custom mantel for my fireplace. Dan made suggestions on the design of the mantel to reflect the style of my home. The stain he chose matched my floor colour perfectly which is what I requested. The finished product is beautiful! I am considering renovating my downstairs bathroom sometime in the next year or so. If I do, I will contact Dan first for an estimate. He is very professional, friendly and at the conclusion of the project he made sure I was happy with the work that was done.

Thanks Donna, always happy to help. See you for your bathroom next year.

Cathy a.
Cathy a.
1 review Ottawa, ON

Canadian barn board fireplace mantle and wall

Dan and his team did a great job. I’ve used him for other projects and am always very happy with the work. They are clean and polite. The work is meticulous and they interact and verified my likes and dislikes as we went. I now have a spectacular focal point for my family room.

Thanks Cathy, again and again is great to work with you and for you.

Sarah from Ottawa
Sarah from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Finished 1920s basement

Once again, Journeyman Carpentry delivered professionalism and expertise as they beautifully finished our 1920s basement. They transformed a completely unfinished space into three functional and beautiful rooms: a rec room, a three-piece bathroom and a laundry/utility room. As usual, throughout the process Dan keep us informed about any unforeseen issues that arose and guided us to make choices we were happy with. Our basement quickly became a great extension of our home and a favorite hangout spot for all.

Thanks again to Dan and his team for all their hard work.

We continue to recommend Journeyman Carpentry to all those looking for an honest and reliable contractor/carpenter.

Isabel in Ottawa
Isabel in Ottawa

Bathroom Reno and misc. updates

Dan and company were very personable to work with. As I only have one bathroom in my home, Dan was very considerate and accommodating with his scheduling of tasks in order to create the least amount of inconvenience. Dan worked very well with my designer and the finished product is a beautiful bathroom that I will enjoy for many years.
Updates included creating a linen closet out of the end of a long master bedroom closet and repainting the entire bedroom and hallway.
Journeyman Carpentry did a very professional job and managed the minor glitches along the way in such a way that I barely knew there was glitch! Dan was truly a pleasure to work with!

Thanks Isabel, I am also pleased with the completed product. See you next time.

anna.seifried
anna.seifried

Custom closet

Dan created a custom closet in my bedroom. He worked from my suggestions and created a really nice final product. Great work.

Thanks, it was a pleasure work with and for you.

Scott in Ottawa
Scott in Ottawa

New Windows

Daniel and his team did a great job installing my new windows, and was able to get them installed sooner than expected. Next time I need some renovations done, he will be the first person I call.

Thanks Scott. It is always a pleasure doing business with great people.

Gord & Brenda in Delhi
Gord & Brenda in Delhi

Two Level Deck

Dan and his team (Doug and Ivan) were great to work with. Their professionalism, yet candor and humour, helped to make the project enjoyable. Dan has a keen sense of design and helped us deciding details of the deck plan. The only drawback was the schedule. Work did not begin when initially forecast, but once it started it moved along well to completion.

Thanks Gord and Brenda, the deck turned out beautiful. Thank you for the kind words. It was unfortunate that the delays on another project impacted yours, but we work to mitigate that as much as possible. See you on your kitchen next.

Sandra & Robert Craig in Ottawa
Sandra & Robert Craig in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Door installation

We needed 7 interior doors installed and we're so glad we found Dan to do it for us. Some contractors wouldn't have even called me back as this was a small job, but not so with Dan. He contacted me right away with a number of questions. He dropped by to take a look, took some measurements and then gave us a quote. The doors were installed perfectly (with some adjustments & fiddling) and Dan was true to his quote. We would not hesitate to recommend Dan and his team - they are excellent, and we look forward to working with them in the future. Thanks Dan, Doug & Ivan!

More about Journeyman Carpentry