Alice Roofing

1701 Grassmere Road WEST ST PAUL MB R2V4E8
HomeStars  >  Roofing in Winnipeg  >  Alice Roofing

Reviews for Alice Roofing

Private User reviews Hepburn, SK

Brand new house tiled roof

1. Your contractor left cigarette buds in my gutters.
2. Your contractor damaged and scratched my roof sheets on my garage.
3. Your contractor threw tilers from the roof which damaged my downpipe.
4. Left damaged tiles on the roof and took 3weeks to replace them. Which not all have been replaced some have been touched up.
5. Now ignoring my calls and messages and will not repair damages.
Worst experience I've had with a tradie, I spoke with the site supervisor Paul which refused to help, tried contacting there management and spoke to Craig also useless!!
DO NOT USE!!!

1701 Grassmere Road
WEST ST PAUL
MB
R2V4E8

I had an old roof, 100 years old, a layer of cedar shingles, then two layers of asphalt shingles, then on top of that the previous owner had tacked in metal sheeting on top of that just screwing it into the old shingles. Of course the wind was blowing off the roof.

I had a few quotes come in very high, Alice roofing had a lower quote than the competition, and they seemed to know what was going on other than that, so we went with them.

The roof ended up needing new sheathing the whole way around, that was the bulk of the price. They charged me extra for tar paper when I asked about it and drip edge. That's something other companies had built into the original price. But if you're getting a few quotes and paying attention to them you'll pick up on that. I thought tar paper was standard, but I guess building codes allow for you to just put on ice & water.

The roofers put their foot through my eavestrough and didn't bother to tell me about it or make an attempt to rectify it, they just left it hanging off disconnected from the downspout. When I asked about it the guy was very vehement that it "Just fell". The crew didn't bother to contact me as asked to lock the doors remotely when they left, or simply hit the lock button on the door to lock it. This left my house unlocked and unattended in Elmwood.

Lesson learned, make sure someone is home.

The job got done six days later. There was minor damage to my neighbors house and mine due to the roofers taking off 4'x8' metal sheets in high winds and the sheets getting away from them. They had a pre-announced safety inspection in the first couple of days, "Don't worry about production, just get all of the safety equipment in first" I'm fairly certain tying off wasn't followed for the rest of the job after the safety inspection. <-update:>m satisfied with how the roof looks, and they did come out to remedy a small corner which was lifted up. They are a good company and I recommend going with them.

More about Alice Roofing

http: / / aliceroofing. ca/
Looking for Roofing pros in Winnipeg?