Day & Knight Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

Plumbing
227 32 Ave NW Calgary AB T2M 2P8
Plumbing
Day & Knight Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

Best of 2021 winner 6 timesBest of 2021winner 6 times

Reviews for Day & Knight Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

Tim from Calgary
Tim from Calgary

Replace Primary and Secondary Heat Exchangers (Carrier Furnace)

Day & Knight diagnosed that both the primary and secondary heat exchangers on a 10-year old Carrier high efficiency furnace required replacement. Carrier covered the parts under the 20-year warranty and a small portion of the labor. Austin from Day & Knight disassembled the furnace in order to remove the primary/secondary heat exchanger cell. He was extremely focused and organized throughout the job. He attempted to salvage the back outlet cell, but quickly determined that it needed to be replaced (in addition to the front outlet panel). The short time lost in picking up the part was regained by a significant savings in labor. Austin efficiently assembled and installed the new primary/secondary heat exchanger cell and reinstalled the remaining furnace parts. He was meticulous in checking/cross-checking his work for all aspects of the job. I highly recommend Day & Knight for your plumbing and heating needs. Both Ted and Austin are first rate and provide a professional, cost competitive service.

Hi Tim . Thanks for taking the time to write this great review

Calgary Homeowner
Calgary Homeowner

Repeat customer

This is the second time I've used this company. I found them on Homestars the first time and I am entirely satisfied. Austin comes on time, explains everything before and after the job is complete, gets the diagnosis right the first time, and charges reasonable rates.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this great review.

Jan in Lethbridge
Jan in Lethbridge

Great Service - Told us Exactly What We needed to get fixed (...it wasn't Plumbing)

Great service from Austim, the tech who came and looked at our leaking ensuite shower (water had been coming through the ceiling after long showers in our son's bedroom for years...). He did a very long diagnostic assessment, checked many things and 'thankfully' concluded it WASN'T the shower leaking behind the tiled enclosure, but a missing grout and cracked tiles problem.

He also gave us great follow-u[ advice if repairing all the grout/ tile didn't work. Very professional. Very efficient. Didn't actually do any plumbing, but worth every dime!

We would definitely hire Day & Knight again.

Thank you for writing this great review.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Main water valve replacement

Great service. After a couple of discussions, Ted dropped by in advance (at no charge) to verify what work and parts would be needed, and Austin came the following day, with all necessary parts, and very efficiently completed the work in less than an hour. They were both very knowledgeable and very professional. I would highly recommend them for any plumbing needs.

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review. We really appreciate this .

Michele
Michele

Professional and friendly service

Both faucets in my bathroom had been leaking for longer than I can recall and it was an easy fix that I am glad I got a professional out for. Austin is very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I will definitely recommend Day & Knight Plumbing & Heating to my friends and family in the future!

Thanks Michele.
We appreciate the review

Margaret
Margaret

Routine Furnace Inspection

I considered hiring this company because, as a friend of the family, I knew their work ethic. I was then convinced of their excellent service when I checked their ratings from previous customers. My furnace needed its yearly inspection & cleaning, but also my humidifier seemed to be on the fritz. Austin was my service provider, & not only reassured me about the furnace, but also taught me everything to check to determine if a humidifier is in good working order, & it was. I'm pleased with his efficiency & willingness to teach, & relieved with the fair pricing.

Thanks Margaret for taking the time to write us a great review.

Outside Faucet

Day and Knight Plumbing & Heating was recommended to me by a family friend. I was very impressed with the service that was provided. Austin was prompt with my appointment. Respectful of my home. Explained the repairs.
Great job!! I would recommend his company. 10/10.
Linda

Thanks Linda. We appreciate this review.

Tyler from Calgary
Tyler from Calgary

My New Plumber!

Hired Day & Knight based on the stellar reviews on HomeStars and was not disappointed. Austin came out to fix a frost-free hose bib that had developed a leak within the ceiling of our developed basement, unexpectedly turning our boring basement bar area into an a new swim-up bar... Scheduling an appointment with Linda was a breeze and Austin was very knowledgeable & efficient and explained everything to me as he went along. Pricing was also very reasonable as they didn't tack on a "service fee" over and above time and materials, which I've experienced with other contractors. Overall, we're very happy with the results and would not hesitate to recommend Day & Knight. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the thoughtful review. We appreciate you taking the time to write this .

longkevin in Calgary
longkevin in Calgary

Leaking Shower Drain

This is the second time I've had Austin out to fix a plumbing issue. Once again - timely, courteous, diligent, professional. Fixed an issue I was worried could've been reasonably serious in about an hour and was able to provide some other observations for related plumbing issues and options in the same space. If every trade could offer this level of service, home maintenance would be so much easier. I strongly recommend Austin and won't hesitate to call and ask for him next time. Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review. We really appreciate your comments. Ted

Jennifer  in Calgary
Jennifer in Calgary

Service

Ted and Austin were very persistent and patient when my furnace went out over the winter. The service was excellent and I would highly recommend using Day and Knight for any of your plumbing or heating needs.

More about Day & Knight Plumbing & Heating Ltd.

We are working during the Covid 19 pandemic. We are following safety protocols of hand sanitizing before and after each job, and wearing face masks for our clients safety.
Day & Knight Plumbing and Heating is a family-owned plumbing and heating business. Our goal is to provide not just good customer service but 100% customer satisfaction as well.