Golden Plug Air

Aurora ON L4G 3V7

Reviews for Golden Plug Air

Marlene  in Old Toronto
Marlene in Old Toronto

Wow, Customer Satification!!! ????????

The technicians were very skilled and professional. They made sure the unit was securely in place. They cleaned up after themselves. The cost included the plexiglass and their time and their work. And on top of that they were very friendly and patient with me. I will definitely recommend this company to anyone that wants a unit put into their apartment or their home!!

Thanks from very impressed client!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words, and i am sure you will enjoy your Friedrich Chill air conditioner this summer and for many summers to come. Sincerely, Peter Bird, Owner

catriel in Aurora
catriel in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Absolutely Professional!

I needed a new 12,000 Friedrich through-the-wall AC to replace my old one which died. They came two days later, with a new unit still in the box. The whole installation took less than 10 minutes, done very professionally and friendly. Peter (the boss) was very knowledgeable and helpful on the phone; his two workers who came gained my immediate respect for their professionalism. All in all, a job well done and I can recommend this company unreservedly.

Catriel Blum

Thank you for your kind words. We will ensure that our installers know how much you appreciated their work.
Peter

Beth A.
Beth A.

Air conditioner installation and servicing

For the second year in a row I have relied upon Golden Plug Air Conditioning to install and certify my apartment air conditioners. The service is excellent, from first contact with the front office to the technicians completing the job. Not only can I satisfy my landlord that the air conditioners are correctly installed, won't leak, and meet all safety standards, but I can rest assured that they will provide worry-free cooling as needed. The technicians were professional and efficient. They arrived within the time window expected, and completed the job quickly, at a reasonable price. I highly recommend Golden Plug Air Conditioning, and will call on them again next year!

Thank you we were so pleased to be able to help you out again this year. Your comments are very much appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you again.

micheroo68
micheroo68

A/C

Great crew, personable, punctual, organized.
I will post on my FB and recommend to friends.

Thank you so much. it is most appreciated.

Sue in
Sue in
1 review Aurora, ON

Air Conditioner Rental

My father-in-law moved into an older apartment building with no central air. He is disabled and has limited mobility. We contacted the Golden Plug as an alternative option to buying. The overall experience was excellent. The installation was scheduled and on time, respectful, and clean. What a great service for seniors and students renting. I would recommend the Golden Plug!!

Thank you for your kind words. It is most appreciated by myself and our staff. Regards, Peter Bird

Private User reviews Whitby, ON

Air conditioner

Great company to deal with. Excellent service, knowledgeable and responsive personnel. All work was completed in a professional manner and on time. I would highly recommend this company. Peter and Mathew were great to deal with.

Thank you for the positive feedback. It is most appreciated.

Air conditioner

We rented an air conditioner for my mother, who is in a senior's residence. We were very pleased with the prompt service, and the speed it was installed. Also, the technician was very courteous, and made sure we knew how to operate the air conditioner, before he left. We would have no problem recommending this company to others.

Thanks, and Golden Plug does pride itself on working in seniors, retirement and nursing homes over thirty some years.

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Fair price, easy install.

We needed new wall units. Our building manager recommended GP as she had great experiences with them in the past. I didn't really know what I was looking for, but they directed me to a great unit right away and offered me a competitive price (I checked on these things after first talking with them). Staff that installed the units were friendly and quick.

Thank you. We strive to provide our valued customers with the best customer service on the market and we know they appreciate our team as they come back and refer us again and again to family, friends and contacts. Again our thanks.
Peter Bird

Tom Jackson in Toronto
Tom Jackson in Toronto

Window A/C removal and install

Owner Peter Bird took the time to respond to any and all questions to my satisfaction before booking the appointment. He set up a time window of between 9 am and 11 am, and the service man (Matt) was done by 10:10 am, taking with him my old A/C, as well as the packaging for the new one. The quoted price was the price on the invoice and was the price I paid down to the penny. Before leaving, Matt answered any and all questions regarding maintenance, winterizing, and how to get the four way airflow working.

They installed a Friedrich CP10G10B window A/C, which has a very good Energy Efficiency Rating of 12.2, and thus far it's worked like a charm. The weather has been smoking hot the last few days and yet it's a comfortable 70 degrees fahrenheit in the front area of our apartment where the A/C is installed. That's with the unit set to 75 degrees fahrenheit, so I'm impressed. These guys service Friedrich air conditioners as well, so should I have any problems I know who to call. All in all a terrific customer experience with no muss, no fuss for me. The old A/C is gone and the new one is in, and I'm a happy customer. Thanks Golden Plug Air.

Happy customers are what we are all about. Thank you also for commenting on our Service Tech Matt, we get so many positive comments about the service he provides for each job he is responsible for. Over the years Golden Plug has provided very competitive pricing on top of the line a/c units to our customers and we will continue to do so in the future. Top of the line a/c units, excellent customer service, best prices available and a top notch team behind it all.

Peter Bird

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Go somewhere else

The quote was cheap. The problem was when they came over they added on more costs which were not known or discussed. The service in general was less than satisfactory.

As you can see from our other reviews these comments are totally inaccurate as to how Golden Plug Air strives to exceed customers expectations. I have no idea who this is but I suspect it may be a competitor. I personally handle any issues customers have and there is nothing on file like this from this time period.
Peter Bird, owner

More about Golden Plug Air

Golden Plug Air Conditioning has enjoyed over 35 years in business as one of Toronto’s and the GTA’s leaders in the supply and installation of windows, through-the-wall and split ductless air conditioners. We are able to address your air conditioning needs with a full range of services which include rentals, sales, service and installation.

We are the authorized Friedrich® dealer and service centre in the GTA.

Quality AC Service
Owned and operated by Peter Bird, with his team of installers and technicians, Golden Plug Air Conditioning prides itself in providing courteous, prompt, worry free and professional service to new and valued existing customers. Contact us today for all of your air conditioning needs.

Our valued customers include residential homes, commercial businesses, retirement lodges and long term care facilities as well as daycares, education facilities and the University of Toronto’s downtown campus.

Email us at goldenplugair@rogers.com or give us a call at 416-431-3000 (Toronto area) or 905-727-7577 (Aurora/Newmarket). Our office staff will be glad to assist you.

WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS –RENTAL, SALES AND SERVICE

ROOM AIR CONDITIONERS—RENTAL, SALES AND SERVICE

WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS INSTALLATION

THROUGH THE WALL AIR CONDITIONERS—RENTAL, SALES AND SERVICE

SPLIT DUCTLESS AIR CONDITIONERS—SALES AND SERVICE

PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONERS—RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL

GTA Air Conditioning Service We offer low cost service for all makes of window and through-the-wall air conditioners, and for your convenience, this includes pickup and delivery service throughout Toronto and surrounding areas. Our experienced service technician will promptly repair your unit at our shop using the manufacturer’s recommended parts. We also offer a tune-up service which includes a chemical coil cleaning and pressure washing to return the unit to like-new. Call early to avoid the rush once the air conditioning season arrives. AC Installation Our trained, courteous window air conditioner installers will install your air conditioner in almost any situation. Apartment buildings are just one of our specialty areas, and we can install the unit safely, even if you have no balcony. Whether above a door or where there is a fixed window, these situations pose no problem to our installers. Plexiglas™ and silicone caulking is applied on the inside and outside of the window to ensure an air and water-tight seal. Storage We can also provide winter storage for your window air conditioner, however space is limited and is on a first come basis. There is an additional charge for pickup and delivery Window AC units Certificate of Professional Installation Need certification that your window air conditioner is installed professionally and safely for your landlord? We can come to your home or apartment and inspect the installation of your window air conditioner. If the unit is not properly and/or safely installed, we will quote you our price to reinstall the unit and provide you with our certificate stating that the unit has been installed professionally and safely by a reputable, experienced air conditioning company with over 35 years of experience. Call us to schedule an appointment.
Helpful Hints Before purchasing or renting an air conditioning unit, remember these helpful hints: Measure the space that the AC unit is to fit into (height and width of the clear opening) Know the approximate square footage of the space you wish to cool L x W = Sq. Ft. Window units have vents on the sides, and some have top vent which cannot be obstructed Wall units have no vents on the sides or top and fit into a “sleeve” below the window Call early to schedule a convenient delivery and installation day and time Frequently Asked Questions Why is it important for an air conditioner to dehumidify? Air conditioners keep you comfortable by removing heat and moisture from the air. To do both effectively, the unit must be properly sized for your space. If the capacity is too low, you may never feel quite cool enough. When the capacity is too high, the unit produces so much cold air so quickly that the room reaches the desired temperature before the unit has adequate run time to dehumidify. The result is a cool but clammy room that can feel just as uncomfortable as one that is not cool enough. I occasionally see black particles blowing out of my unit. What are these, & do I need to do anything about it? If your unit is only a couple of years old, then what you are seeing is probably due to a maintenance issue. Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from a room. That humidity condenses on the air conditioner coils and drains into the base pan where it is used to cool the unit. Occasionally, mold or mildew will take advantage of this high moisture environment. The only way to alleviate this situation is to have the unit professionally cleaned. Contact Golden Plug Air Conditioning to treat this problem. Why is there water in the base pan of my air conditioner? Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from a room. This process produces condensation which runs off into the base pan. This condensation is then used to cool the hot condenser coil which improves the unit’s performance. Are there air conditioning options for spaces without an exterior wall? Absolutely! One of the best options is a ductless split system, because the indoor unit can be mounted virtually anywhere. Depending on the system, the indoor and outdoor units can be separated by up to 164 feet with maximum height differences of 98 feet. So even if the rooms that need cooling are located in the building’s interior or on separate floors, there may be a ductless system that will fit the application. What model or product is best for my situation? Depending on the type of installation and cooling capacity you need, you may find solutions that you never knew existed. To get a complete understanding of the features and benefits on available products, contact Golden Plug Air Conditioning. What is the decibel rating of my air conditioner? There is no industry standard for measuring the sound of room air conditioners or an independent agency to verify the ratings. We follow the guidelines set by AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers), but these guidelines do not list decibel ratings for home appliances. Without an accepted industry standard, each manufacturer can “test” for sound ratings using whatever methodology they prefer. And without a common testing method, none of the results provide accurate comparisons. That’s why we do not publish sound ratings. What causes ice to build up in an air conditioner? Icing can be caused by a number of factors. Units that have not been cleaned over a long period of time may have coils and fins clogged by dust, dirt or debris. Clogged coils and fins restrict air flow through the unit, which can cause the compressor to work even harder – so hard, that it may reduce the coil temperature below the normal range in an attempt to make up for the lost cooling power from the blocked coils. Another potential cause is running a unit with a very cold set point (i.e., turning the target temperature down very low) on low fan speed for an extended period of time. This can cause excess condensate to build up on the coils, further lowering the temperature of the coil and leading to icing. Water is draining into my room from my air conditioner. What do I do? This problem generally has one of two causes: the unit was not installed properly with the outside lower than the inside to allow for adequate exterior drainage, or there may be a clog in the drain pan where condensate collects during operation. If you feel that neither of these conditions exists, check for air leaking in from the outside anywhere around the unit. Air leaks will cause condensation to form on the outside of the unit, and this water will drain into your room. If there are any air leaks, resealing them should address the problem. My unit produces cold air, but it keeps turning off & on every few minutes, & I’m never comfortable. What is happening? Your unit is probably too large for your room and is “short cycling”. This happens when cold air from an oversized unit bounces off the wall and back towards the unit, creating a room temperature reading that’s cooler than the actual temperature. This false reading causes the compressor to shut off before the room has truly reached your desired set-point. While the compressor is off, the “real” room air enters the intake grille, and the thermostat reads that the room is no longer at the set temperature, so it turns the compressor back on. Your unit cycles off and on approximately every two to three minutes to reach the set-point. While the air coming out of the unit is cold, the compressor does not remain on long enough to cool the entire room. The only solution is to correctly size the unit’s capacity to the room size and demand. A unit’s capacity is determined by its BTU. Larger rooms need a higher-capacity unit (a greater BTU) to cool correctly. But a unit that is too large for the room will reach its set point too quickly, and the compressor will turn off before the air conditioner has had adequate time to remove humidity from the air. How do I choose the correct unit capacity/BTU size? You should consider a number of variables when sizing a unit, such as location, room insulation, how many people will be using the room, size and location of windows, to name a few. Golden Plug Air Conditioning can provide you with professional advice in making this important decision. It’s cold outside but hot inside, & I need to use my air conditioner. What now? Your air conditioner is designed to cool in warm weather when the outside temperature is above 60° Fahrenheit and below 115° Fahrenheit, so it won’t cool a room if it’s cool outside. If you want to cool a room in the winter, set your unit to Fan Only mode (if it has one) and set the Fresh Air/Exhaust control to Fresh Air. This will bring in a supply of outside air. You can do this as long as the outside temperature is above freezing. Can I use a cover over the outside of my air conditioner during the months when it is not in use? Please do not cover the outside of your air conditioner unless you first remove the unit from the sleeve, clean it and dry the base pan. Air conditioners are designed to hold water in the base pan. If the air conditioner is covered, the water cannot evaporate, and mold and mildew will form. If the air conditioner is installed per the instruction, you should not have problems with air coming in or around the unit. Everything in the rear of the air conditioner is sealed, so snow and rain cannot harm the air conditioner.
1980