Marc's Handyman Services - Downtown Toronto

Handyman Services
13 Sherbourne st TORONTO ON M5A4J1
HomeStars  >  Handyman Services in Toronto  >  Marc's Handyman Services - Downtown Toronto

Reviews for Marc's Handyman Services - Downtown Toronto

dennis from Toronto
dennis from Toronto

Sink Drain pipe

Initially I was hesitant t0 hire Marc to do a quick repair job last year for my tenant's bathroom sink due to the lower rating on homestar but after getting the referral from my friend to use Marc as well as the fact that he was the only one that was very prompt in his replies for the job request, I decided to go ahead and use Marc. I was actually very surprised how accommodating he was with my request to meeting at specific hours due to my busy work schedule. He was very responsive by text instantaneously on what I needed him to do, where to meet up and at what time of the night to come to the job location. He actually showed up 30 minutes early and waited at the nearby starbucks for me and when I met up with him, he was already prepared with all the parts that I needed him to get for the job. He did the repair job on both bathrooms for my tenant and only charged me his flat 2 hour labor cost and only the cost of the parts with receipts to show for it. The parts he got were inexpensive and he did not charge me an arm or a leg for that. This review is a bit long but I was actually very surprised how honest he was and just the whole experience of getting him to come out for the small job. I had previously contacted other plumbers who were not interested in such a small repair job so my experience with Marc was very good from the whole thing. I hope my review will offset some of the bad reviews I saw which I believe were unwarranted. I have hired handyman services before and I know when other contractors will overcharge for simple jobs. Marc was extremely fair and honest in my opinion. My tenants were also extremely happy with the job done as well.

Tammy in Kanata
Tammy in Kanata
1 review Ottawa, ON

Patching up Holes in the Wall

I hired Marc to patch up some holes left behind by my tenant after they moved out. He forgot and missed our first appointment for the quote. We rearranged for another appointment and he quoted $140 which included filler and paint. I gave him $100 up front. He came and spent 2 hours on the job, then he said he would come back 2 days later to complete the job, because it was too late at night to complete the job, and the day after was Civic holiday. He did not come back as arranged, and when I called him, he said he would not come back unless I paid him another $100. In the end, I agreed with it just to get the room ready for my new tenant. However, he did not show up again, and he never returned my phone calls and texts since.

So I paid $100 up front for a messy, undone job. He ran away with my deposit money after working for 2 hours. He does not respect other people's schedules, and does not keep his word. No work ethics. I think I was silly to give him that $100 deposit up front for a $140 job. I guess $40 was too little for him to come back and finish the job. He has no integrity for his work.

You asked for more work to be done and that's why I asked for more money. I offered a refund but you refused. You tried to manupalate me through this review to do so much work for so little money but it didn't work. You didnt just ask for patching up holes. Good luck with that.

(By the way I charge $50 per hour)

kimwilson1234 in Toronto
kimwilson1234 in Toronto

Various Handyman Jobs

Marc is awesome! This is the second time I have used him and been very happy. Each time I give him a varied list of stuff to fix, from plumbing to electrical, to carpentry, and each time, he works quietly, professionally and efficiently.
He is polite, reliable and skilled in many areas.

I will use him again.

Thanks a lot !

MrJack from Toronto
MrJack from Toronto

Several Jobs

He responded through text with since that is the best way for us. His use of email and text was one of the reasons we chose him. He worked quickly, It's a huge relief. Through the process he assured me that everything would turn out okay. the blinds are even, the bathroom caulk looks great. I have no complaints. He will get the work done well and without disrupting your life.

Thank you so much !!

Blake from Toronto
Blake from Toronto

Caulking

Gave him a 1 because he was on time. He said he was able to caulk my bathtub...now I have caulking all over the place, no straight lines and it's looks awful. I have called in a pro to fix his poor work.

Hi, sorry that our caulking job wasn't satisfactory enough. I wish there was more communication though that would've helped. Anyways good luck with your new caulking job.

Ina from Old Toronto
Ina from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Plumbing, tiles, drawer

DO NOT USE Marc's services. I do not think he is qualified in any respect. We had hundreds of dollars of damage after he "tried" to fix our toilet, the drawer he fixed is crooked and the tile he put back on is falling off. DO NOT USE.

Sorry that your toilet caused a lot of damage, but from what I recall I've spent two hours working on your toilet that was already broken, and I spent a lot of money on new parts and I did not charge you a penny. Still you would come here and write bad stuff about me.

You gave me a tile that is half broken because you don't want to buy a new one and you asked me to put it back on in front of your house, which I did and I looked at it recently and it was still on securily after a year and a half and I know its me who put it on so there is no need for misrepresented information.

More about Marc's Handyman Services - Downtown Toronto

Hi, please give me a call my name is Marc, I can do pretty much anything, including Painting, Plumbing, Carpentry, Tiles, Curtains, Installations and more. I am mostly located in the Downtown Toronto area.